Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Birchbox January 2016 Review - On Trend: Korean Beauty

My Birchbox has arrived for the month of January, and I am excited for some products that will start my year off on the right foot. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five sample with a full size product once in a while straight to your door. It only costs $10 a month. Plus, every box is curated to your beauty profile. Birchbox was my first and favorite subscription box. I have found so many great, new products, and I can't wait to see what else Birchbox has in store for me this month. 


I decided to go with the curated box this month, because I was interested in every single sample, and I am always looking for new masks and products to help my complexion. Once I saw this curated box, I knew it was for me. I love face products, much more than beauty, and everything inside appealed to me. I am hoping that these products will help with my complexion and allow me to live a more natural, beautiful life.


This month's theme is Korean Beauty. Koreans are known for having great complexions, taking care of their skin, and also being on top of all new trends. The products in this month's box are all focused on those topics, so I know that I will not only have great skin afterwards, but I will also try out new products before they are world wide phenomenons. I hope there are some new products that I just can't live without. 


Manefit Beauty Planner Cucumber Soothing + Moisturizing Mask

$10.00 - 5 sheet masks    ($2.00 Value)

I am definitely a part of the sheet mask craze, and have purchased quite a few over the last few months. My skin is always so dry during these winter month's, so a moisturizing sheet mask is the perfect cure for me right now. This was easy to apply, and I left it on my face for about 20 minutes. It was already dry in a few parts, but where is was still full of moisture, I rubbed that into my face. My face looked fresh and dewey, and it was completely hydrated afterwards. I really enjoyed this mask, and it is a reasonable price. They can be really expensive, so I am more than happy to purchase cheaper ones that work well. I am really happy with this product. 



TONYMOLY Delight Tony Tint in Red

$6.00 - 8.3 ml    ($2.00 Value)

I am really excited that this sample was included in this curated skin care box, because I was really interested in trying out this lip tint. Lip tints are perfect for an effortless look, or for anytime that you don't want to have to continue to reapply lip color or don't have access to mirrors. This tint is a pinkish red, and gives a put together, natural look. This is a smaller sample, but this is a product that will last a long time, especially since you don't have to use that much, but also since I've never run out of lip color before. This does dry my lips out slightly, but I really enjoy this product, and it is an easy way to give a refreshed, healthy look without much effort. 



Goodal Waterest First Essence

$30.00 - 150 ml    ($1.20 Value)

With ingredients like hydraulic acid and fermented lotus flower, this essence helps lock in moisture and gives you a nice dewy glow. Personally, I prefer a matte face over a dewey one, because I think a dewey one makes me appear sweaty and unclean. I did give this a try, and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. My face wasn't as dewey as I expected, but instead it gave a nice glow and looked fresh and full of life. I now understand why everyone is obsessed with essence all of a sudden. This is a really nice product, but I don't think I will purchase it in the future. I it just an extra step that I don't need. 



IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer

$28.00 - 1.35 oz    ($4.98 Value)

Primers are another item that are everywhere as of late, and while I've used a few, I am excited to give this one a try. Primers are to be applied before any makeup and will help bring out a natural glow and healthy complexion. You can then apply makeup, or you can wear this solely for a makeup free look. Again, I really prefer a matte finish, but this primer gave my skin a healthy and natural glow. I could definitely wear this alone for a makeup free day, but I probably wouldn't waste this and apply it under makeup. This is a fun product, and I am glad I was able to give it a try. 


RE:P Bio Fresh Mask with Real Calming Herb

$41.00 - 130 g    ($6.31 Value)

I think this may just be my favorite item in this month's box. I am a huge fan of face masks, and while I already have so many, I keep on buying more. I just can't help myself. This natural, calming mask is made with herbs and smells great. Whenever my skin is looking dull, or feeling heavy, I like to put on a mask, and this will definitely become a go to. It does leave my skin feeling refreshed, and it also takes away some of the pink in my face. That is really important to me, because I do have constant pink skin. This is a pretty nice sample size, too, and I will be able to get quite a few uses out of it. I am really happy with this product. 


Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Bubbling Peeling

$33.00 - 50 ml    ($3.30 Value)

I've heard of products like these from reviews on youtube, and everyone absolutely loves them. I am really happy that this extra was included in this month's box, because even though it isn't a large sample, I was eager to try it out for myself. This product did revive my face and leave it clean and refreshed. I used this when my skin was feeling a little dull and unhealthy, and just one use turned everything around. I really enjoy this little extra, and would really like to try this or something else like it again. 

Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Cleansing Foam

$20.00 - 150 ml    ($0.67 Value)

While I thought this would just be your typical face wash, I was completely wrong. While I rubbed this heavy cream on my face, it turned from a milky texture to a bubbling face wash. I like how satisfactory this was, especially since I prefer cream cleansers to gels, but still like to see the product go to work. This also left my face feeling clean and revived. This would be a great everyday face wash or even one that you use for special occasions. I enjoyed this a lot, and can't wait for it to be back in stock on Birchbox. I might be spending my points on this product. 



Overall, I am in love with this month's box. My favorite beauty products are those that take care of my complexion, and I am also in love with any and all face masks. My favorite two items were the sheet mask and the bio fresh mask, but seriously, I really liked every single product. I estimate this month's box to be worth $20.46, which isn't the best value, but since I really like everything in this box, the value isn't too important for me. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift for yourself or for a friend that deserves a little gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment