Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ipsy January 2016 Review - All Eyes on You

My Ipsy box has arrived for the month of January and I am really excited to see what items it has in store for me this month. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size items for the small price of $10. Along with the products, each month comes with a specially curated makeup bag that goes along with the monthly theme. This subscription usually has a value of over $40, which is always crazy and nice, and I hope that theme carries forward with this month. 


This month's theme is All Eyes on You. I am guessing that all of this month's products will focus around the eyes. That is were I spend most of the time with my makeup anyways, so I bet these products will all be great for me. I am not a huge fan of this bag. I do like the pop art colors, but the girl pattern just isn't my favorite. I have collected so many of these bags over the years, so I would be more than happy to just pass this along to one of my friends or sisters. I still can't wait to see what is inside. 



theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in Jac B. Bronze

$17.00 - 0.01 oz    (Full Size!)

I am so sick of receiving eyeliners in my subscription boxes, but for this particular one, I am super excited to try it out. I love theBalm brand, and have always enjoyed their product. Also, while black eyeliner looks great on most everyone, my skin tone looks better with browns, so this bronze color is perfect for me. I like that the already sharpened pencil can create a sharp line or a be smudged out. I've been wearing this a lot recently and feel like it is a great way to make my look a little more special without going to dark with black eyeliner. Also, this is a full size item. That really makes me happy. Great item for sure. 



$51.32 - 180 ml    ($8.55 Value)

Whenever I receive small lotion samples like this, I am a little disappointed, but at the same time, these make great hand lotions to throw in your purse. I really like this lotion. The smell is pretty nice, and I also like the thicker cream for these dry, winter months. On the downside, this is a pretty expensive lotion, and can only bring myself to spend $10 on a bottle, so I definitely will not be repurchasing. This isn't my favorite item in this month's bag, but it isn't my least favorite either. I will definitely get use from this, but once it's gone, it's gone, and it won't really be missed. 



$13.00 - 4 g    (Full Size!)

Man, oh man! This is another full size item and another item that I absolutely love. I am used to receiving brown/beige eye shadows in my subscription boxes, but this one in particular is really exciting. It is a shimmery gold that can go on really light, or you can pack it pack it on to create a really dramatic look. I have been wearing this really often lately, and it pairs well with my new eyeliner too. This is the perfect color for me, and I am glad that Ipsy included it in this month's bag. It is definitely another win for me. 



$12.00    (Full Size!)

What I really like about Ipsy, unlike Birchbox, is that is sends out beauty tools along with their beauty and skin care products. I've received a few makeup brushes in the past, and I've really gotten great use out of them. This one, on the other hand, isn't something that I would use as often, and it reminds me of something that I've received before. I will use this every once in a while, though, and am happy to include this with my brushes. I'd much rather receive this brush then a beauty item that I would never use. 



$65.00 - 0.5 oz    ($31.20 Value)

This is absolutely crazy that this sample is in this month's bag. This is really nice and expensive eye serum that uses Asian practices to hydrate, firm, brighten, and decrease puffiness. I received a full size item of this product in one of my other subscription boxes, and I've already fallen in love. This really improves dark circles and puffiness, all within one use. Using it for a few days in a row also makes big changes. I am really happy this has been included in this month's box, and I will definitely get good use out of it. Since I do have the full size product already, I will probably use this for travel. It is the perfect size for that. 


I am really happy with this month's bag, and I am loving every item inside. The eyeliner and the eyeshadow are the best, and it was really nice to receive that eye serum, body lotion, and smudge brush. The only thing I am not a fan of is the bag itself, but I don't even count that towards the value of this subscription. On the note of value, this month has one of $81.75. That is insane for a $10 subscription. That serum covered about $30 of this total, but there were also three full size items that added to that number. This was a great month for me, and I hope that this is a sign of a good year from Ipsy. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great subscription to start to build your makeup collection or to try a wide array of products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment