Tuesday, February 16, 2016

PopSugar Must Have January 2016 Review

My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of January, and I am really excited to check out all the goodies for this month. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box that goes for $39.95 a box and has a value over $100. It is full of items over themes such as beauty, fashion, home, food, books, and fitness. I really enjoy this box because it covers a large range of items, and it always brings new discoveries that I enjoy and use. 


This month themes are New Year, Renewal, Organization, Detox, and Healthy Habits think those are great themes for the month of January, especially since this month is all about starting fresh and becoming a better you. I hope that there are quite a few ways to help me clean out the house, get into shape, and clean out my insides. I can't wait to see what this month has in store. 


Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class to the Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo

$18.99

I, unlike most, really enjoy receiving books in my subscription boxes, and to those that don't like them and still get this subscription box, it is listed as one of their categories, so maybe this box just isn't for you. This particular book is extra special, because it all about decluttering, organizing, and only leaving room for joy in your life. This is a great book for the new year, because this could easily be many people's new year's resolution, and a great way to start the new year fresh. I have yet to read through this book and start decluttering, but I've been able to poke through, and it is filled with a ton of great advice. I can't wait to dive in and starting my year off fresh. 



$40.00

I am really surprised and a little excited about this bin. I would never expect an item like this in one of my subscription boxes, which is why I am enjoying it so much. This is a great item for this month, because it is a perfect item to use to organize. Personally, I will be using this as a catch all for items that need a home and don't have one yet. I think that is the exact opposite of what it's purpose is in this box, but at least I will get those items from lying around everywhere and into a certain place. Unfortunately, this pattern isn't really my style and won't go well with my other items, but I do like it, and I can see a lot of people really enjoying it. Also, because it is only one, it looks a little off sitting on a shelf, or sitting on the ground all by itself. I really enjoy this, though, and think it is a great addition to this month's box. 



$20.00

There has been a sheet mask revolution as of late, and I am not complaining. I have been purchasing and receiving so many sheet masks lately, and I really enjoy them. I think they do a great job of curing my skin ailments and giving me a fresh complexion. This pack of three will help exfoliate, hydrate, and illuminate. Also, these only require five minutes of your time, which is a lot faster than most. You don't even need to rinse the product off, but instead you just rub the product into your face for further healing. These are a great addition to this month's box. They will definitely help renew and detox. Plus, you'll have a better complexion afterwards. 



$15.99

My favorite way to keep organized is with a planner, and I buy one every single year. It is great to write down all the events coming up, but also to keep track of what I did on those days. That way I will always have a momentum of the entire year that I can look back at way down the road. While I really enjoy this as a part of this month's box, I don't like how big it is, but I also already bought one close to the beginning of the year that I have already started using. I did consider refilling this one out, and tossing out the one I've been using, but since it won't fit in my small purse, I decided against that. I will instead hand this off to a friend that will really enjoy it. Too bad my box doesn't come until late January, or else this might have been a little more useful to me. 



$22.00

I ram most excited about this item, and the most disappointed. I love Not Soap, Radio, and I have considered purchasing this exact set in the past. This is an "exclusive" set for PopSugar, but it actually has two less bottles than their normal set for the $22 price. I am really bummed about two of them that were left out, which include The Phoenix to help rise from the ashes for a fresh start and the one that promotes weight loss, which would both go well with the theme. The ingredients in these are really fun, and they include natural ailments to really promote good luck, confidence, and restful sleep. I will save these for when I really need each one, just as I have with love potion one Ive received a few month's ago. This is my favorite item from this month's box, but I really wish we received the full set of seven, especially since I've been wanting to try those particular one's out. These will definitely be a treat for me now, though. 



$1.99

Dang, I am really bummed about this food item. I understand that it is "gourmet," but this brand is at every single store check-out, and I've already tried it in different flavors. While I do like this flavor of Summer Snow, it doesn't go along with the month, nor do I really like that gum was included at all. One of the themes for this month was detox, and I thought we would get a fun cleanse or at least something healthy. This, on the other hand, is neither. PopSugar didn't nail this one at all, and I am really bummed it couldn't be something better. Oh, well. I will still use this anyways. 



$2.99

This is listed as an Exclusive Extra, which makes me happy about the lack of surprise and uniqueness. I've used ChapStick brand ever since I could remember, so this isn't really a discovery for me. I do like that is is natural age defying, and I am a fan of the vanilla scent. Also, this is proven to deliver healthier looking lips, which I am all about. To me, this is just a chapstick, and one I will eventually need, but sine I have so many already, I will just hold onto this until that time comes. This is a fun extra, but not much else. 


Overall, I am really happy with this box, but I really think they could've done it a little better. I love that we received the Not Soap, Radio set, but I wish all seven bottles were included. The book and sheet masks are great, and I will definitely get a lot of use out of them. The bin, the ChapStick, and the gum are alright, but they aren't anything I am too excited about. The planner is a great addition, but since I've already purchased one, it will not be of great use by me. This box has a total value of  $121.96, which is a crazy amount. This box is a little expensive, but the value is always huge. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or your friends to a monthly box of goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment