Tuesday, February 16, 2016

BoxyCharm January 2016 Review - Eyes on 2016

Yeah! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of January, and I can't wait to see what goodies this month has in store for me. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four full size items for the price of $21. It tends to always have a value of over $100, which is absolutely crazy, and I don't understand how they do it. This is quickly becoming my favorite box to receive every month, because the products, value, and themes are always on point. I can't wait to see what this month is going to deliver. 


This month's theme is Eyes on 2016. This particular theme isn't as creative as they normally are, but I am always excited about receiving eye beauty products. This is almost the exact same theme as Ipsy, which is a little weird, but if this box is going to be as amazing as my Ipsy, then I really can't complain. I hope that this box comes with a great mascara, since I've really liked the brands they've included in the past. I am guessing it will have an eyeliner, which I don't really need. I guess we will see. 



$23.97    (Full Size!)

This brush set is everything you would ever need for your eye makeup. This brush set comes with a detail brush, crease brush, and a smudger. I personally only use one or two brushes on my eyes, but that is mainly because I don't have the variety that comes in this set. These are really high quality, too, and I really like the heavy packed bristles. I do already have a smudger brush, but it is always nice to have two. That way, you don't have to clean them as often. I think this is a great addition to this month's eyes themed box, and I can't wait to give them a try. 



$39.95 - 1 oz    (Full Size!)

We've received a few of Coastal Scents other eye shadow palettes in previous BoxyCharm boxes, and I've been a fan since day one. People don't always love their pigmentation, but I like that they aren't too heavy. They have some fallout too, but not if you wear an eyeshadow primer first. This palette has great variety of both matte and shimmery colors with some blues mixed in. I am glad they went with blue for this palette, because their other palettes are pretty pink. They listed this as $39.95 for the palette, but it is always on sale for half price wherever it is sold. I guess $39.95 is the non discounted price. I am really excited about this item, and I can't wait to give it try for a more glamorous night out. 



$26.00 - 0.25 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I love receiving and trying out mascaras that come in my subscription boxes. Mascara is always so expensive, and I used to just stick to the same old, because I didn't want to waste money on something I didn't love. This mascara is something a little different and creates "tubes" on your eyes instead of just coating them with mascara. I am not really sure what that means, but I am happy with the outcome. This did a really nice job of coating my lashes without leaving them clumpy. Also, it made my lashes full and semi dramatic. I am a big fan of this mascara, and I really happy with the full size bottle. This is a great addition and I am happy to get to try it out. 



$19.00    (Full Size!)

I feel like I always receive at least an eyeliner every month in my subscription boxes, and since I rarely wear mascara, I don't really have the opportunity to wear them out. I do like this particular mascara, thought, and it is the perfect one to use for a straight line. This is a gel eyeliner and the end comes with a simple to use applicator. I do like this, but I really don't think I will get that much use out of it. I do already have a few gel eyeliners that I rarely use. Maybe I will pass this along to a friend or just throw it in with the rest, but either way, I am not too excited about this overall.


I am really happy with this month's box. That mascara and eyeshadow is great, and I will definitely get a lot of use from them. This is my first smoky palette, and I can't wait to play around with all the colors. Those brushes are nice, too, but that eyeliner just won't be used by me. This month's box has a value of $108.92. This is absolutely crazy, especially since this box only cost $21. The real value of eyeshadow is about $20 less, but that still makes this box worth $90. I am really happy with this box, and I hope it is a sign for a year of great 
subscriptions. 



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. The items are always great, and the value is always better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment