Sunday, June 26, 2016

Birchbox The Acne Fix-It Kit Review

Most of the Birchbox kits are appealing, and I often window shop, but when I saw this kit, I knew it had to be mine. I have had an issue with acne the last few years of my life, and I feel like I am way too old to have breakouts. Acne also becomes worse when I am working out more, and it's a choice that I have to make between being fit and having clear skin. I've tried so many products, too, but nothing really cuts it. I am hoping that this kit will help me on my way to clearer skin and much less childish acne. 


First of all, they sent the items in the wrong box. I was secretly hoping that they sent me the wrong kit that I would be able to keep for free, but instead only the box was wrong. I don't really mind this at all since I recycle these boxes, but it did throw me off a little. These kits always come with an itemized card too. This one is really cool, too. They list the products in the order they should be used and deeply explain how they help, how often, and what time of the day to use. This is extremely helpful for me, because I often confuse the order of application, but also I am excited to see that these can all be used together for the perfect clearing combination. 



Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

$22.50 - 5 fl oz    ($4.50 Value)

I love this brand, so I am already excited to try another. This scrub was creamy with light scrubbing beads that made my face feel especially clean. It also didn't dry out my skin, just like it claims. This is the first product you use in the routine, which completely cleans your face and leaves you with a fresh palette for acne fighting products. I am a fan of this deep cleaning, natural product, and would definitely use it outside of this acne fighting routine. 



Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 

$28.00 - 4 oz    ($7.00 Value)

This is the first product I've ever received from Paula's Choice, and I am truly excited to finally have one of their products. Paula's Choice is a website and product line that rates products on how good they are for your skin. I like to check this page out before purchasing a really expensive product to see if it is worth it, or products I've received in subscription boxes. Since this is from their line, I know it is good for my skin, and I also know it's got to work. This goes on first after cleansing, so second in the routine, and acts like a toner. This product eliminates impurities and unclogs pores to reveal smooth, even, glowing skin. I like this product, and my face glowed even after one use. 



Balance Me Congested Skin Serum 

$30.00 - 15 ml    ($14.00 Value)

I've actually tried this sample before, and just like the first time, I am pretty bummed with the sample size. The tube is probably only a third full, which means you don't really get a whole lot of uses. This is used third in the routine, and you should apply after the liquid exfoliant/toner. This went on smoothly, but left a weird film on my face, which didn't leave my face feeling clean any longer, but since it fights blemishes, refines pores, and balances skin without drying. I can totally get down with that. I also like that this is made with mostly natural ingredients, so I feel good about rubbing it on my skin. 



Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer

$28.00 - 2 fl oz    ($3.64 Value)

Juice Beauty is another brand that I've grown to love. Their products are also mostly natural, and they really put skin first, which is a must with a skin product line. This moisturizer is oil free, and brightens, soothes, renews, and protects your skin without clogging pores. It also has SPF, so I can wear this as an everyday day lotion without having to apply sunscreen on top. This does feel and smell a little like your regular SPF, but it is highly hydrating and doesn't leave a film on your face. I like this product, and I am glad it is a part of the routine. 



Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum

$35.00 - 0.5 fl oz    ($23.10 Value)

This isn't exactly a part of the routine, but more of a spot treatment. This serum is for placing directly on new acne or acne scars, and it penetrates the skin to eliminate the bacteria, dirt, and oil trapped within. This serum is much like a serum and is a watering cream gel. I placed this onto of a zit directly, and it lost it's redness almost immediately. I've never heard of this brand or heart of this product, but now that it's on my radar, I can definitely see myself purchasing this in the future. I also like how this bottle alone will last me forever. I might not have to buy it again anytime soon.  



(MALIN+GOETZ) clarifying clay mask

$48.00 - 3.4 fl oz    ($7.06 Value)

This may be my absolute favorite product in the routine since I absolutely love clay masks, and this brand is another one of my favorites. This mask is to be used once or twice a week after cleansing your face to get a deep clean that will also combat oiliness and blemishes. The mask does dry pretty quickly, which also dries out your face a little, but after going through the rest of the routine, my face felt plenty moisturized. I feel like the dryness also dried out all of my acne. This mask is pretty amazing, and I am glad I had a chance to try it out. 


Overall, I am so super happy with this box. I struggle with acne, and I feel like many of my usual products work to clear it, and sometimes I feel like they could be making it worse. I am a fan of this kit, because it is everything you need to take care of that acne, but it also tells you how, when, and where to use each one. This is as simple as it gets. Also, I only paid $20 for this kit, and it has a value of about $59.30. That is practically three times the amount. There are so many great products in here with a great value, plus they work, so I couldn't be happier.  This is definitely a kit worth the price. 

If you would like to purchase this kit for yourself, just click here. This is the perfect collection of products that will keep your face clear and blemish free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment