Sunday, June 26, 2016

Birchbox June 2016 Review - Everyday Magic

Yea, my Birchbox has finally arrived for the month of June, and I am so excited. It came a little late this month, so that makes it extra special now that it arrived. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five sample size beauty products curated especially for you and delivered to your door for only $10 a month. Also, they have a point system that allows you to purchase full size products that you love for free or with a discount depending on how much you have saved up. I often love what is inside, so I can't wait to see what is in store for me this month.


This month's theme is Everyday Magic. The products this month will be easy fixes or magical products that can slightly alter or significantly improve your look. I am all about easy fixes, since I really don't care to spend too much time on my morning routine, and I often have to take my look from work to bar pretty quickly. I hope these products will be great additions to my beauty routine, and I find that magical product that I can no longer live without. 



L'Artisan Rose PrivĂ©e Eau de Parfum

$120.00 - 50 ml    ($3.60 Value)

I love receiving perfume samples in my boxes, because I prefer to switch up my scent daily, and I have yet to find one that I could wear every single day. I've been able to sample a scent from their line in the past and I remember liking it a lot more than I thought. This, on the other hand, is not my favorite. It mixes rose, magnolia, carnation, violet, basil, mandarin, and musk to create a really flowery scent. I prefer woodsy and citrus to this super sweet musk. I might wear it once in a while, but this will mostly sit in the bottom of my bag.



$22.00 - 8 fl oz    ($2.75 Value)

This is the second time I've sampled shampoo from his line, and about the fourth time I've sample one of his products. First off, I want to say this smells absolutely amazing. I don't know a single product that smells better. This also stays in my hair all day, so I get glimpses of the scent every once in a while. I didn't really notice it add too much moisture to my hair, but it did feel softer, look shinier, and much less frizzy. I really like this shampoo, and I will use this sample to the very last drop. Too bad it isn't any bigger. 



$49.00 - 5 fl oz    ($4.90 Value)

In the description, it states that this cream is used by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and plenty other popstars. I can totally understand why. This smells so good, and I even went without perfume the day used this. This does also create a super shine just as the product says. I don't really have thick hair that needs managed as the product suggests, but I could definitely use this as a leave in conditioner after I dye my hair or need to give my hair some extra love. I really like this moisturizing cream and would purchase it over and over if it weren't too expensive.




$19.00 - 6.7 fl oz    ($1.42 Value)

This is more of a practical product then something that I am excited to see in this box, but it is something that I will definitely use. This cleanser is a all-in-one makeup, oil, and dirt remover, which is always a plus. I hate having to use two different cleansers to completely remove everything from my face. Also, this smells totally unique and clean with a mixture of honey and oil. I really like this sample, and it will last me quite a while, but I don't think I'd purchase the full size product, because it is a little expensive for something that I don't absolutely love. 




$24.00 - 0.1 oz    ($7.20 Value)

OMG! This is the best beauty product I have ever used, and I can't believe how well it works. I have normal thinness eyebrows, and I mostly like them, but they are super blond, so they don't show up in pictures that well. Also, they have two different shapes, so when I really want to do it up, I have to reshape. This product magically makes them appear more full and perfectly shaped without making it look unnatural. Also, this color somehow matches my natural color almost perfectly, and the tad darker color is perfect for helping define them. I absolutely love this product and will have to purchase the full size product when I go through this sample. Hands down, the best!!!



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. A lot of the products are pretty practical, which means a box that I will use, but not exactly an exciting one. I love that brow gel so freaking much, and the shampoo is great too. I will easily go through that face wash, and the hair cream will be absolutely perfect to use on my ends, and boy does it smell great. The only thing I don't really like, nor will I really use is the perfume. This month's box has a value of $19.87, which isn't really that great for a $10 box, but since I love most of the samples I am alright with that amount. I hope the next box has a little more value, though. 

If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. I really enjoy this box, and I always discover new products and brand that I absolutely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment