Monday, June 13, 2016

Bulu Box Weight Loss July 2016 Review

Yeah! My Bulu Box has arrived for the month of July, and I am excited to see what they have in store for me this month. Bulu Box is a health and wellness subscription box that delivers at least five samples, but usually more, and sometimes full size products of weight loss supplements, protein powders, energy foods and drinks, and fitness products. They have two variations: regular and weight loss. I’ve tried both over the years, and don’t really notice a huge difference, but I usually go with weight loss, since that is my main goal. They are only $10 a month, but if you use a code, you can get them for only $5 each for life. That is the price of coffee, which for me is an amazing deal.


Along with the samples, Bulu Box offers a rewards program. You receive 50 points ($5) for the box alone, and an additional 10 points ($1) for every review. I only receive 25 points for the box, since I am using the $5 for life coupon, but with up to seven samples, that is $9.50 to spend in the shop or as low as $7.50. You can collect these points for up to 90 days, which means you can buy some great products from the shop. I like to record samples that I’ve loved and purchase the full size product for free!



Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn in Sun-Dried Tomato & Parmesan

$35.50 - 28 1oz bags    ($1.27 Value)

I love popcorn as a light, low calorie snack, so this is actually a great addition to this weight loss box. I wasn't sure about the sun-dried flavor, but I already know I love parmesan on popcorn, so at least I'd like that. The tomato flavor was actually pretty good, and I gobbled up most of the bag. Unfortunately, this did taste just a little weird, and I wasn't a fan of the artificial flavoring. It grossed me out a little by the end of the bag. This was a nice treat, and something that did cut some cravings, but I wouldn't purchase this again. I'd rather eat something with natural flavors. 



Fru-Licious Smoothie Pops in Banana

$12.99 - 20 pops    ($0.45 Value)

I used to throw yogurt in the freezer all the time to create a healthy icy treat, so this is a reminder of that. Just like a popsicle, this goes in the freezer and becomes a sliceable treat. But instead of just eating water and sugar flavoring, this popsicle is made with real fruit. I was surprised to taste the pulp from the banana, so I knew it was real. Also, it is free of preservatives, gluten, and GMOs. Banana was good, but it wouldn't be the flavor that I would normally pick. I would love to try this in any of their berry flavors. This was a fun sample, though, and perfect for summer. It's a great treat without the guilt. 




$14.99 - 6 bars    ($2.50 Value)

This is a product I've never heard of, and something that is very practical. I am always craving sweets at night, and this bar also helps you fall and stay asleep, so it hits two birds with one stone. I am normally not a fan of dark chocolate or crunch, so I wasn't sure about this bar, but it was actually really yummy. Also, since it is made with mostly healthy ingredients and a good source of protein and fiber I don't feel completely guilty for eating it. They have a cookies and cream version that I'm dying to try, and I would be willing to purchase that. This is a great way to cut those snack craving right before bed without ruining an entire day of eating well. 




$19.99 - 30 packs    ($0.67 Value)

I am starting to notice a theme in this month's box. Usually the boxes are full of energy supplements and caffeinated products, but this box is offering a lot of ways to relax and calm down. This drink additive helps stop stress that can cause reactions in your body such as slowing down your metabolism. It is weird to think that stress can cause weight gain, but it is one of the factors, and anything to prevent that is a plus for me. The flavor was good, but it wasn't my all time favorite. It reminded me of a vitamin c additive that I use when I'm feeling sick, but this one was a little more refreshing. I would rather take a capsule, then have to throw this into my water, but it was fun to try, and I'd be willing to do it again. 




$26.99 - 60 capsules    ($2.70 Value)

This is a product I've never heard of before, but something that could be very helpful in my day to day routine. Adrenal glands can get overworked by stress which causes an imbalance in hormones. This can cause weight gain and a lack of energy. I've noticed a lack of energy lately, and I wonder if I am just over working my glands with stress. This sample offered three days of samples, so I was able to give it more of a chance than those one day packets that don't give it a chance to show a different. I did feel an increase in energy, but nothing around the belly, but I bet it works. This was a fun sample, and something I would consider purchasing in the future. 




$12.99 - 6.17 oz    ($0.74 Value)

These gummies aren't just delicious, but they packed full of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Sometimes you just need a sweet treat, and these aren't only low calorie, but they will also keep you healthy and full of energy. At first, I was surprised by the small size, but they gave me a chance to slow down and really enjoy them. Plus, I guess I wouldn't expect an adult gummy to come in a shape. Also, since they are so small, you can enjoy only a few at a time to help with that sweet craving without contributing too much on your calorie intake. I would purchase these over and over again. 




$14.95 - 1 lb    (0.90 Value)

This isn't something I'd expect in my Bulu box, but turmeric is very healthy for you, and it is a great addition to your dietary intake. I really like how this is a small company that sources all natural ingredients from Indonesia. I will definitely be sprinting this on my ethnic foods for a spicy kick, but this packing isn't my favorite. This bag is hard to reuse. It would be much nicer in a sprinkle jar or container. I probably won't purchase this again, but it was a really fun sample to receive in my Bulu box. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month box. This isn't the best box I've ever received by them, but I do like a lot of the samples. The yogurt pop, gummies, and adrenaline supplements are all something that I'd like to have again. I did also really like the night food, calming drink supplement, popcorn, and turmeric. It was fun to sample them, but I don't think I'd ever purchase them again. This month's box has a value of $9.23. That isn't bad for a box that only cost $5, but it would be nice to have a larger value. Hopefully next month will surprise me.


If you would like to try Bulu Box for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to kick up your workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment