Sunday, June 19, 2016

BoxyCharm June 2016 Review - Girls Just Wanna Have Sun

Yes! My BoxyCharm box has arrived for the month of June, and I am dying to get my hands on one of the spoilers. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five full size products to your door for only $21 a month. This usually has some great products that are brand new and noteworthy, plus the value is usually over $100. I love this box, and it is one of my absolute favorites, so it is only fitting that I cannot wait to see what is inside. 


This month's theme is "Girls Just Wanna Have Sun." I think BoxyCharm has the most clever and cute themes, and surprisingly the products go along with the theme quite well. I think this month will be full of products that will get us ready for summer wether it be SPF makeup, sweat proof products, or light and bright makeup. I am hoping for a body scrub to get my skin ready for less fabric or maybe a new bronzer. I just can't wait to see what they all could be.



Cougar Beauty Mineral Face & Body Shimmer 

$19.96 - 0.14 oz

I usually try to avoid shimmer on my face and body besides my eyelids, so already this product is just not for me. I did give it a try, though, and I am pretty impressed with the quality. The shimmer is bronze, so it blends in with your skin and creates a real shimmer instead of the appearance of glitter. At first i didn't think this was a product for me, but I'm glad I got the chance to try it out, because I really like everything about it. The only problem is, I am not sure how much I would wear it. 



Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Brightening Gel Mask 

$24.00 - 3 masks

I am super pumped about these face masks. I am already aware of the superpower of coconut oil, so these already seem amazing.This mask instantly hydrates and restores the skin to its natural balance all while evening skin tone and improving your overall clarity. I absolutely loved this product. I felt like my face was glowing after one use, and I could feel the added hydration. Also, since this is a three pack, I don't feel bad using this every once in a while. I love this added product, and the brand is also moving up on my favorites list. BoxyCharm gets it right again and again. 



Girlactik Beauty Precise Marker Liner in Black Noir

$20.00 - 0.041 fl oz

I receive so many eyeliners in my subscription boxes that I can never get excited about them anymore. Also, these liquid liners are difficult to apply for a moderate makeup wearer, since you really have to have a steady hand. I do think the color is nice, though, and it is long lasting. So much so, I had a difficult time removing it. This isn't my favorite product in the box, but it is something I will use eventually. It might also make a gift to one of my sisters or friends. Also, since it is full size, it really adds to the value of the box.  



LVX Nail Lacquer in Lush

$18.00 - 0.5 oz

BoxyCharm sent us a mint nail polish in the last month's box, so I am a little bummed to see another nail polish back to back, but this nail polish is so much better than the last. This grey slate, lavender is totally my style with a little rough and a little sweet look. This nail polish was pretty long lasting on my toes, too. The only complaint, this isn't really a summer color. I would expect this more during early spring or early fall. But, who says I can't just wait until then to wear. I really like this color, and this formula is really nice too. 



Ofra Cosmetics Oil Control Pressed Powder

$39.95 - 10 g

This product could not come at a better time. I have been struggling with a greasy face for the last few months, and I've tried so many products to try to get rid of the shine. This product is a little pricey, so I am glad I didn't have to pay full price, and I hear rave reviews. Makeup artists use this product for TV personalities or on set for talent onscreen. At first, I applied way too much, and it turned my face a little white. Now that I know it doesn't take a lot to cover my face, I know to use a lighter hand. This also works so well, and I didn't notice a greasy face, even at the end of the work day. I hope this lasts forever, though, because it is a little too pricey to repurchase. 



Overall, I am really happy with this box. I rarely dislike my BoxyCharm, though. I am in love with that oil control pressed powder and the face masks, and they will be used up by me right away. I like that nail polish and body shimmer too. The eyeliner isn't too exciting, but I will use it eventually. This box has a value of $121.91. That is absolutely crazy since I only spent $21 on the box. I love this box and the full size products, and the value is just icing on the cake. I can't wait to see what is in store for me next month. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. This subscription box has the best value, and the products are always amazing, so it would be a great gift for you or a friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment