Sunday, June 26, 2016

Popsugar Must Have June 2016 Review

Yea! My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of June, and I am really excited to see what is inside. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers the best of beauty, fashion, home, fitness, games, books, and food. They are mostly always full size items and are delivered to your door for only $39.95 each. I really enjoy this box, because the value is always great, and I always find something that I love, or at least really like, that is incorporated into my everyday life. It also helps me keep on top of trends, and it is a great gift to myself.


PopSugar doesn’t really have a theme, but instead words that inspired the box. But, usually, the box’s items work well with each other, and create a larger theme overall. This month’s inspirational words are sunshine, cheers, joy, togetherness, outdoors, festivities. These words remind me of a summer BBQ with friends and family, something I can get behind. I am hoping for so cute condiment dishes, or possibly a beach hat. All in all, these are the perfect words for the first summer box, and it could possibly be my favorite box ever. 



Hat Attack Neutral Diamonds-Printed Sarong

$58.00

I am usually not a fan of the accessories they pick out, because they’ve never really been my style. This, on the other hand, is absolutely perfect for me. This wrap can be used so many different ways, and I’ve also considered purchasing one recently to wear to the beach. I saw another subscriber wearing it as a scarf, which would be great for when the weather turns again. I would never pay that much for this item, which makes it extra fun. I really need to watch some videos on how to wear these, because from what I’ve tried so far, I just cannot get it down.



Sisters of Los Angeles "Cheers" Gold Bottle Opener

$12.00 

I know that this may not apply to some, but I am definitely a beer drinker, and this bottle opener is one of the cutest things ever. I almost wish it said “Golden State” like the one on their website, because I do live in California, but I am also happy with this “Cheers.” I have a bar cart, so I know just the place I will put this, and I will use this all year round. I am even thinking this would be cute at a Christmas party. I am not really sure how this goes along with the theme expect them suggesting to use it at an outdoor BBQ, but I don’t really care, because I love it so much.



Wild and Wolf Ridley's Games Room "Who Am I?" Quiz

$12.95

This is the second game that PopSugar has included in their box, and I am not in love or do I hate this new trend. First, their packaging design is amazing. I loved the Bingo Game, and this is just as beautiful. I like that, because I can then leave them out for spontaneous play rather than shove them in a closet for possible yearly use. This game, though, isn’t the most clever or fun, and could easily be a game you could download on your phone for free. Otherwise, this could be a fun little trivia game to play with friends while drinking, or maybe something to have out to keep relatives busy during the holidays. This is a fun addition, because it isn’t something you’d expect, but I could do without.



NCLA Born of the 4th Nail Lacquer

$16.00 - 0.45 fl oz

What usually kinda stinks about these boxes, is that they have a theme for the holiday of the month, but we don’t usually receive our boxes until the month is almost over, so we are never able to use the goods for the holiday. In this case, this nail polish came in the box earlier, so it will definitely get the chance to be used on the fourth. I like that you can wear this alone or over color to create many different combinations. Also, it looks like its own take on fireworks, so you’ll be sporting your own party wherever you go. I am really digging this nail polish, and can’t wait to wear it on the forth. Unfortunately, I think that is the only time I will wear it, though.



Knock Knock Are You Ready (For Your Close-Up?) Compact

$10.00

At first, I was just thinking this is a typical mirror with some fun wording, and something that I don’t really want or need, but there are two mirrors inside, one normal, and one really magnified, which makes it perfect for so many things. I could keep this in my makeup bag and use it to perfect eyeliner or eyebrow plucking, or this could go in my purse for some last minute touchups. Also, I have to say, this mirror is really high quality. The mirrors are both clear and plastic is nice and tough too, so I know it will stand up anywhere for a while. The design isn’t really my style, but since it will just be in a bag for its life, I can’t really complain.

 

Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes

$9.00 - 30 ct

These deodorant wipes came at the perfect time. I had just run out of deodorant and was already in a rush, so there was no way I was going to make it to the store. These wipes can be used for underarm use only, which is what I did, or in any area that creates a lot of sweat. I would consider using it underneath my sports bra or in my elbows and knees on those hot, sweaty days. The scent isn’t my favorite, but I am pretty happy with the product, and it worked quite well. I didn’t notice any sweat or stink coming from my underarms all day. And it is summer, you guys! I am really happy I had the chance to try out this product, and I will be using each and every wipe up.



Pressels Sriracha

1.29 - 2.1 oz

When I first saw Siracha pretzels, I couldn’t wait to dig into this bag. I love Siracha, and I love pretzels, so these would be perfect for me, right. The sweet and spicy Siracaha was a little weird with the salty pretzel, and I wasn’t sure if I was a fan at first, but then I kept eating them and eating them. I am not sure if that was because I was hungry or if I really did like them. This isn’t exactly an item that I would pick up in the store, but I did like it mostly, and I am glad I got a chance to try them out. But really, who wants to eat something spicy when it’s over 100 degrees outside. No thanks.



Overall, this is a middle of the road box for me. I like all of the items, but there is nothing that I absolutely love. The wrap is really pretty and fun, the deodorant wipes are interesting, and that bottle opener is really cute. I do like the nail polish, mirror, game, and pretzels, but I could really have done without. Also, there isn’t a clear theme here. I do see that some of the items are for outdoor use, but I wouldn’t take most of them outside the house. This box has a value of $$$, which is really great. They always somehow get these boxes to a value of over $100, so at least you know you are paying for something that will pay for itself. I am usually not a huge fan of summer months in general, so I’m not surprised that this isn’t the best box for me, but I will say, I hope I like the next one a big more.


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself with the best in pop culture and beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment