Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag June 2016 Review - Rebel Rebel

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of June, and I can't wait to see what is inside. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size beauty products for $10 a month. They usually have an huge value, and the best part, they come in a cute makeup bag that goes along with the theme. Ipsy isn't my favorite subscription box, but once in a while I find products that I really love, and it's a great way to build my makeup collection.


This month's theme is Rebel Rebel. It is all about hitting the streets with style and your brave signature look. Instead of being a part of the crowd, these products will help you color outside of the lines and be your own rebel. This theme is just not for me, because I like classic looks and minimal makeup. I guess I could use a loud lipstick or more color once in a while, so maybe this will help me break outside of the box.



Cake Beauty Delectable Everything Balm

$16.00 - 0.7 fl oz    ($5.71 Value) 

This everything balm can really be used for anything, and that includes split ends, dark circles, taming brows, cuticles, cracks, bug bites, lips, and cheekbones. Ipsy even recommends adding it to makeup for a pink hue or to lotion for an allover body shimmer. This pink gloss would be too much to put in most places, but I could totally see myself wearing it on my lips. This product looks great on paper, but honestly, it just isn't for me. 




$19.99 - 0.78 oz    ($3.59 Value)

When I first grabbed this out of the bag, I thought these colors were a little adolescent, and they definitely remind me of something I had in middle school. Ipsy recommend swirly these all together for a highlighter, blush, and bronzer combo. Sometimes, let's be real, most of the time, I don't like to or have the time to put on bronzer, blush, and a highlighter, so this trio lets me do it all at once. These colors aren't the absolute best for my skin, but they are nice. The pink is a little too bright for what I'm used to, but at least it will help me step outside the box. This may be my favorite product from this month's box. 




$19.00 - 1.5 g    ($2.53 Value)

Urban Decay is such a loved brand, but besides they mascara, I've never been a true fan. At first, I thought this was a larger sample that I could put into one of those magnetic palettes, but the sample is actually closer to the size of a penny. I do like this color, though, and it is a mixture of peach and pink. This isn't normally a color I would wear either, so it does go along with the theme. I could see myself making this color sweet to a wedding or making it edgy with some other bright colors. I am excited to try this out. 




$10.50 - 0.4 oz    ($3.41 Value)

I already own a few nail polishes from this line, and this electric red is a great addition to my nail color collection. I like how this color is a take on the classic with a summer punch. In one light it look like your normal red, but in the summer sun, this looks like a bright neon pink. I don't mind that this is a small bottle, because I have never gone through an entire bottle of nail polish. Also, it makes it nice to throw into your travel bag for touch ups while on the go. This is a fun and nice sample.  



$14.00 - 0.8 oz    ($4.90 Value)

Jeeze. This color is just not for me. I really don't like any mauves because they remind me of my mom and age me. The last thing that I want is to look older than I am. I do like how long this lasts, though, and the formula doesn't dry out your lips like liquid lipsticks normally do. Also, this is the full size product, but it is the perfect size for me. Anything bigger would be difficult to throw in your clutch for touch ups. This color isn't for me, but again, I do like the formula. Oh, well. 



Overall, this bag was kinda a miss for me. They are normally middle of the road with some major wins, but there isn't a single product that I absolutely love, and a few I just won't use. I do like the nail polish and the three tone bronzer, but I won't grab for these first. The eyeshadow is different than what I normally wear, and I am excited to try it out, but the packaging just sucks. I will pass off the everything balm and the liquid lipstick to a friend or sister. This month has a value of $20.14, which also really sucks. I've had bags worth up to $80, and this doesn't even come close. Also, there wasn't a singe full size product in this bag. I think Ipsy has kinda fallen off their mark for me, so hopefully the next one will be a winner. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to to discover new products and brand, but also build up your makeup collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment