Saturday, May 20, 2017

Birchbox April 2017 Review - Inside Out

Yes! My Birchbox has finally arrived, and while it is usually the first subscription to make it to my mailbox each month, this time it came dead last. That really means the rest came early, because my Birchbox arrived about the normal time. If you don’t already know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers five beauty samples (and once in a while a full size item) to your door for $10. These items range from makeup, skincare, hair care, nails, and perfume. They do a great job of delivering products I love and new routine items each month. I hope this month is no different.


This month’s theme is Inside Out. These product’s ingredients are the real stars, and what is in the inside will have you looking great on the outside. I love this theme, and I can only imagine the amazing products that will go with. The box is pretty cool too. The brown box is a throwback to their classic look, and the design is on the inside. Since it will go with basically go everything, this will definitely be put out on display. I love reusing these for storage and organization. Plus, they can really spruce up a boring spot. I can’t wait to see all the goodies “inside.”




$24.00 – 8 oz    ($3.00 Value)

My hair is naturally flat and without body, so these types of sprays are perfect for me. Since I don’t normally blow dry my hair, I am happy to find out that this works for both damp and dry hair and promises to protect, nourish, smooth, and volumize. If you do use it before blow-drying, this spray will give it texture and lift, while misting dry hair can help facilitate restyling. I noticed that this product helped control frizz, and also gave my straight hair some natural waves. Also, it smells amazing. I really enjoy this spray, and I am glad I get to try it out. Also, this sample is quite large, and I will get quite a few uses out of it before I have to repurchase.




$55.00 – 3.4 oz    ($0.65 Value)

I, unlike most subscribers, love perfume samples, because I love to switch up my scent by mood, season, and event, and these little bottles give me the best opportunity to do so. Plus, sometimes I fall in love with a new scent that I’ve never heard of before. This perfume is not the case. While it is a great scent for spring with notes of linden, white tea, bergamot, and honeysuckle, it is a bit to powdery for me. I do like how it blends with my skin throughout the day which creates a little deeper scent, but I really wouldn’t grab this perfume again. I’ll throw this in with my other samples and may grab it for Easter Sunday or a baby shower. Otherwise, this was a flop.




$48.00 – 1.7 oz    ($4.80 Value)

This item was my sample selection, and I can’t wait to try it out. I am a huge fan of Dr. Jart+, and while the products are always super expensive, they work so well, so trying out their samples are the way to go. This cream is a dream for sensitive and irritated skin (Me! Me!), and to start it off, the scent is earthy and natural, so it won’t continue to mess with your skin. This product promises to solve redness, blemishes, inflammation, and dryness with ingredients like nolsome capsule and centelle asiatica leaf. Also, it will start repairing your skin as soon as you put it on, so it will instantly relive dry, itchy skin, and all that redness. I hate putting moisturizer over pimples, but not with this. I am surprised at how well this works, but not really, because it’s Dr. Jart+! 




$20.00 – 0.06 oz    ($6.66 Value)

Benefit comes up with the most practical, creative, and high performing products, and this lipstick does not let us down. With two different colors in one tube, this lipstick gives you your lip liner and lipstick all-in-one. For me, I always try to match my liner with my lipstick, but I love the two toned look, so this product will help me break out of my shell. These two tones may be a little too dramatic for a beginner like me, but they offer more colors combinations that blend a little better. While I am not a huge fan of these colors, the formula is great. It is hydrating and long-wearing. Also, it does budge once you swipe it on. This is a great size sample as well. It will last forever.  




$22.00 – 4.9 oz    ($4.49 Value)

While I am not too thrilled about receiving two hair sprays in a month, I am really excited about them both, and they will also definitely get used. Again, I have super fine and flat hair that tends to have zero volume, so these sprays are a lifesaver. These texturizing sprays used to use salt as a main ingredient, but as it dries out your hair, sugar is now in. This spray is formulated with sugar cane, antistatic properties, and flexible styling aids to give you perfect styling hair. Personally, I like to spray this in my roots for added volume and movability, but this would also work great to hold loose waves. Honestly, I will be using this almost daily.



Overall, I am pretty happy with this box. I absolutely love my sample selection of the Dr. Jart+ cream, as it does wonders to my skin. The two hair sprays are great too. I will no longer have to complain about flat hair with zero volume. The lipstick is a great idea, but the color isn’t for me. I will keep it in my collection until I have the guts to rock it, though. The perfume is a flop, but I do think they did a great job of choosing a springy scent. This month’s box has a value of 19.60. That is pretty great for $10 box, even if it isn’t as great as many other boxes. I love Birchbox for their brands and curation, so the value doesn’t make it or break it for me.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great subscription for trying out new brands and products perfect for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment