Saturday, May 20, 2017

PopSugar Must Have April 2017 Review

Yea! My PopSugar Must Have has arrived for the month of April, and I can't wait to check out everything inside. PopSugar is a monthly lifestyle subscription box that delivers full size products in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. This box goes for $39.95 and always has a value over $100. I received a few coupons, so I only paid a little less than $30. This box is one of my favorites to receive and open (of course), so I can't wait to see what this month has in store. 



Instead of a monthly theme, this box uses inspirational words and phrases to pick the items. This month's words are Reset, Natural, Healing, Grow, Spiritual. April our first official month of spring, and getting outdoors and enjoying nature is the best way to embrace the warmer weather. Also, I love the idea of reseting and healing, hopefully with some products that will help me relax. I am not sure what the Spiritual item may be, as I know many of us believe in different things, but maybe it will be a candle or incense kit.    




Makers Kit Crystal Sand Art Terrarium

$32.00

OMG! I am so excited about this product. I love terrariums, and this kit will allow us to make it just how I like. Also, that moss and purple crysal will go perfectly with my home decor. I've been looking for a few new pieces to spruce up the apartment, so this could not have come at a better time. Also, this fits so well with multiple themes. I absolutely love this product, and this may be one of my top five favorite products of all time. I placed this in my coffee table tray, so I can see it all the time, and it really brings a natural touch inside so I can enjoy nature all year round. 



MORNING CULTURE Dipped Bamboo Cutting Board

$22.22

This is yet another natural item, as this cutting board is made with bamboo, but it isn't your typical boring kitchen tool. It is dipped in a bluish light purple to give it a fresh and modern look that will brighten up any kitchen. Also, this can be used to serve food (the hole is perfect to hold a bowl of dip), breakfast with your morning coffee, or as a bedside tray. I will be hanging this up in the kitchen to use as a cutting board or display. Personally, I think this is such a versatile item, and I will get a lot of use out of it. This box is off to a great start.  



Tonic Australia Lavender Sachets

$15.00 - set of 2

I use natural oils all the time in my day to day life, and I love how lavender helps me relax, unwind, and sleep. These lavender sachet pillows are filled with scented potpourri that will fill the area with that soft and soothing smell. They suggest putting these in your closet, lingerie drawer, or in your pillow case. I think this would work well in your car to help the stress of driving or in your drawer at work. It is so nice to have two pillows so you can use them at two places at once. I think I will be putting on in my pillow and another in my pajama drawer. That will guarantee a great night's sleep over and over. This is something I would never purchase on my own, but I am really happy that I have them now.   



The Cottage Greenhouse Carrot & Neroli Shower Oil & Body Wash

$22.00 - 11.5 fl oz

I actually just used up the body wash oil from November's box, so this product is absolutely perfect timing, and of course it fits perfectly with the box and the season. This body oil wash is made with carrots, which is super rejuvenating. Other ingredients include honey, coco butter, and beet extract. The consistency is a little more watery than I expected, but it lathers up to the perfect amount of bubbles. The scent is sweet and fresh too, so it reminds me of spring. I love this body wash so much, and I will be using it all spring. Hopefully PopSugar will send me another when this runs out. 



Cocolab Cocofloss in Delicious Mint

$8.00 - 32 yrds

This box has been continually perfect with each item I pulled out, and I knew there was a makeup item coming up soon, so I was expecting something great. This is not what I expected at all, but I actually don't hate this product. While this isn't that exciting, it is super useful, since I floss my teeth all the time. Also, it does a great job (better than my picks) and leaves my mouth feeling and smelling clean. I really like this floss and appreciate the natural ingredients. I would never spend that much on floss on my own, but I will be more than happy to use this one up.



Nourish Holy Habanero Roasted Corn

$1.99 - 1.2 oz

I always complain about the sugar filled items PopSugar sends us month after month, so I am really excited about a savory and mostly natural product. These roasted corn kernels are coated with habenero powder to give them a kick of spice. I love spicy foods, so this is right up my alley. I also love a crunchy snacks, and I haven't had corn kernels in so long. This product seems a little out of place with all the light, natural, and springy products, but I don't really mind, because this is something I am really going to enjoy.



Sensodyne Pronamel Strong & Bright Enamel Toothpaste

$5.99 - 3 oz

Even though PopSugar usually delivers six full size items, this is listed as a "Special Extra." When they throw in an extra item, there are usually seven product in the box, so I am a little bummed by that. Either way, I am really happy with this extra. This whitening toothpaste is specially formulated for sensitive teeth and it will actually help strengthen enamel. I know we wear it down each and every day, so I am happy to take every approach to keep them as strong as possible. This toothpaste works really well, and while it isn't the tastiest I've ever tried, I am really happy about using it up. So practical too.



Overall, I am really happy with this box, but it did have a few draws. That terrarium is amazing, and I already enjoy it in my house. The cutting board and lavender pillows are great as well. That body wash could not have come at a better time, and I love how it freshens and nourishes my skin. The toothpaste and floss are both nice as well, but they are both so practical, I can't complain much. I am a little bummed about the five items and one "Special Extra," but at least there were six total. This month's box has a value of $107.20. That should wow me more, but I am so used to the crazy value of this box. I can't wait to see what May has in store for me. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself to products you wouldn't normally purchase for yourself at a great low price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment