Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ipsy Glambag April 2017 Review - Sideshow

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of April, and I am really excited about these products. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five (mostly samples but some full size) beauty products to you each month in a specially created makeup bag to you for only $10. This subscirption is perfect for makeup lovers, as it is heavy on the eyes, lips, and face makeup, but it does deliver beauty tools, nail polish, and body care as well. This subscription usually has a great value, so I am excited to see what this month will deliver. 



This month's theme is Sideshow. It is all about dressing up your look for the performance of your lifetime or to show off your quirky side. I like to keep my look more natural, so this theme may not be the best for me, but I am sure there will be some great items inside for me. This bag is super cute, though, and pretty nice quality. I love going to the movies, so this fits me perfectly. I could see myself adding a chain and using this as a purse on a date. Maybe there will be more toned down makeup for me to wear to the movies.



Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Glow Shimmer Shadow & Highlighter

$25.00 - 10 g    ($1.75 Value)

This sample is so small, but I am excited to try out this product. I am a recent fan of Elizabeth Mott, and I have also been wearing highlighters more than ever. This color is so beautiful, and the shimmer really pops. Plus, it looks so natural on my skin. The downside, this isn't the easiest sample to fill a highlighter brush, so it might serve a better purpose as an eye shadow, but it is a pretty color on your eyes as well. This would be a great product for date night as well. 




THEORIE Marula Oil Transforming Hair Serum 

$26.00 - 3.4 fl oz    ($2.60 Value)

I have really flat and fine hair, and hair serums tend to just weigh it down, so they aren't the most exciting product for me. This serum is really nice, though, and it does great work. This oil goes straight to the root and helps moisture dry strands while giving lackluster hair a brilliant update. While I wouldn't use this everyday, I would definitely apply the night before a wash or to my roots to keep them less brittle. Since I won't be using this that often, this sample will last me forever. I can get on board with that. 




Adesse New York Cupuacu Butter Lip Balm

$24.00    (Full Size!)

At first, I was overjoyed with this product. I love tinted lip balms, because my lips tend to be super dry, and regular lip colors make them even worse. I like how this product has color around the edge and moisturizer in the middle so you can blend it together as you apply. This color is really pretty and fun, and I think the perfect color for spring. The one draw, glitter! I hate glitter, especially on my lips. We are heading back to 90's style, but not this far. I really wish this didn't have glitter, because I would love this product otherwise. I think I will just be passing this one along to a friend. 




Ciate Mini Bamboo Bronzer in Palm Island

$28.00 - 0.35 oz    ($6.16 Value)

Normally bronzers are way too dark for my skin, since I am pretty light, but this bronzer is absolutely perfect for me. The light tan color gives my skin a light bronze without looking fake, especially in these early summer months. Also, this would be great as a highlighter on dark skin. I am so impressed with this formula, and this sample will last me forever. I think this is my favorite item of this month's box, and I am so excited to use it all spring long. 



Luxie Beauty Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush 660

$23.00

I really like how Ipsy send beauty tools along with the products, so receiving brushes is always fun. Unfortunately, I do have a few foundation brushes in my collection already, so I don't know how much I am going to use this one in particular. On the other hand, I really like this brush. It is the perfect size for contouring, so I can use this for highlighter, bronzer, or blush. It is super soft, so it can be used for blending too. Honestly, this may just make it to the top of my stack.



Overall, this is a middle of the road box. I am a huge fan of the light bronzer, and the brush is really nice as well. I do like highlighter, but the sample size is just so small so it will be difficult to use. The hair oil isn't something I'd really use, but I guess I can find some ways, and that tinted lip moisturizer would be great if it weren't for the glitter. The bag is really fun though, and it is always fun to open up all the surprises each month, so I am definitely going to keep it going. This month's bag is worth $57.51, which is crazy. I only paid $10 for everything inside. That makes me feel a lot better about not liking the products as much.


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. It is great for that makeup loving person in your life too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment