Saturday, May 20, 2017

BoxyCharm April 2017 Review - Boho Glam

Yea! I am so excited about this month's BoxyCharm arriving in the mail (finally!), and I can't wait to see what is inside. I've seen a few spoilers, and I already like what I see, so I have real high hopes for the rest of this box. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty products to your door for only $21. These products range from hair, nails, skin care, makeup, and tools, and I always find some great treasures. Also, the value is always over $100, which is insane. I can't wait to dig in.


This month's theme is "Boho Glam." Festival season has just started up with Coachella which is the best time to bring out that bohemian vibe. This month's products will bring out your hippy side with natural colors with a touch of glam. While I do love a natural makeup look, I am hoping for a touch of color, like rosey pinks and turquoise blues. I wouldn't mind some fun face stickers or design tools either. Hopefully, I will be surprised.



OFRA Cosmetics Rodeo Drive Highlighter

$35.00 - 10 g

OMG! I am so excited about this product. I've tried out quite a few highlighters in my day, but nothing will touch the quality or color of this brand. With just a light touch so much powder comes off on the brush, and it is extremely pigmented. Also, the color is so beautiful and blends perfectly. I knew this was a fan favorite, but I had no idea how amazing it could possibly be. Plus, this pan is huge. It will seriously last me forever. Unfortunately, this got a little shaken up in delivery, but it was an easy fix to get back into working shape. 



Pur Cosmetics Blend Squad: 3-Piece Contour Blending Sponges

$36.00

I just said to myself how I needed to purchase a few more blending sponges as mine are getting a little warn, so this is such a fun surprise to pull out of this month's box. I know of PUR, but I had no idea they made beauty tools, sponges included. That being said, I am excited to try them out. They were a little tough at first, unlike my beauty blender, but they softened up with a few uses. I also really like these colors; it looks like Spring. While these aren't the best sponges I've ever tried, it is nice to add a few into my rotation, especially when I don't have time to wash. What a great start to this box!



Measurable Difference The Diamond Collection Concealer Palette

$20.00 - 0.8 oz

While I do like to lightly contour my face, I don't think I will ever find use for this entire palette. On the plus side, this palette offers every single color, which makes it usable for every single subscriber. Also, this would make a great palette for someone who does makeup professionally. Unfortunately, I only do my own makeup, and I have pretty light skin, so I will only be able to use a few colors. This will be fun to play around with for those big nights out, but otherwise, this isn't too big of a win for me.



Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Gloss in Umbria

$16.00 - 0.08 fl oz

Honestly, if I were to pick out a color for Coahcella, I would've grabbed this lip gloss instantly. While it is a great festival color, this isn't something that would suit me that well. I do like experimenting with fun colors, but I really can't get back on the lip gloss train. I hate sticky and shiny lips, and they normally dry them out as well. This may not be the best color or product for me, but this does go perfectly with the box. I think one of my friends is going to be super lucky to get this from me.



Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Shampoo

$10.00 - 4 fl oz

We received this conditioner in a previous box, and I was obsessed, so you have no idea how excited I am to try out the shampoo. I loved how the conditioner left my hair super soft and smelling great, and this does not differ. The strawberry banana scent reminds me of spring, and the natural ingredients make me feel good about using on my hair and skin. My only complaint is just a small one. I wish I didn't use up the conditioner so quickly so I had a chance to use them together. Otherwise, what a treat.



It is hard to say how I feel about this month's box. I am absolutely obsessed with three of the items, while two were just not for me. That highlighter is amazing and a new favorite. The shampoo and sponges are great as well. They are both items I needed and no longer have to go out to purchase. The contour palette isn't something I will really use, and that lip gloss just isn't for me, so this box was far from perfect. Another plus, this month's box has a value of $117, which makes it well worth the cost of the box and easier to forget about the two products that I didn't love. I can't wait to see what next month has in store.




If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. You will absolutely love it if you are anything like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment