Sunday, May 7, 2017

Walmart Beauty Box Spring 2017 Review - Trendsetter

Yea! My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for Spring, and since they pop up when I don’t expect them, they are always a welcomed surprise. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal subscription box that is technically free, but you have to pay the $5 shipping. Either way, it is extremely cheap, and they do a great job of delivering travel size items of the newest drug store items on their shelves. They tend to send you your basic toiletries, such as shampoo, cleanser, and toothpaste, but they also throw in a few makeup surprises as well. I think this box is a great way to sample new formulas from brands we know and love, but also a great to stock up on travel size items. I am excited to check each item out.


Since this is such a simple box, they don’t offer what other subscription boxes often do. This includes a seasonal theme or an itemized card. Often, boxes will deliver goods based on the season, but this is really just what is new from drugstore products. Also, they don’t include a card describing each product or giving us the full size cost. Since these items are mostly self-explanatory, that doesn’t really bother me, and I could always look online if I’d like to research anything. This box is as basic as it gets, but I kind of enjoy it that way. There is no need to put time and energy into those, as it really just takes away from the products.




$5.47 - 13.6 fl oz  each   ($1.37 Value)

This is actually the third time Walmart has delivered this brand of shampoo and conditioner in their subscription box, but this formula is new. I would have actually never considered Schwarzkopf shampoo and conditioner before, so these samples are a great way to try out a new brand. I am pretty impressed with the formula, but honestly, nothing is too exceptional. They do leave my hair clean and conditioned, but I would rather pay less on another brand that works just as well. These tiny bottles are great for travel, though, and that is when I use them the most. Even though these aren’t exciting, they are practical, and I always appreciate that.




$5.47 - 8.45 fl oz    ($0.97 Value)

I don’t tend to have frizzy hair, but since I have never samples this brand before, I am excited to give it a try. I did give it a try, and while I didn’t have frizz to calm, I can’t comment on how well that worked, but I am impressed with the conditioner itself. It smells really nice, and left my hair soft and smooth. Also, it didn’t weight it down. I don’t think I will grab this from the store the next time I need conditioner, but I will be happy to throw this in my luggage the next time I travel.




$6.47 - 4.5 oz    ($1.44 Value)

I have been dealing with some major acne issues, so I am really happy to receive a facial scrub that is created to specifically tackle that issue. I’ve used a few Biore facial cleansers before, and I’m always happy with the brand so I don’t think that will change with this particular product. While it does say scrub, the beads are acutally quite large and soft, so it doesn’t further irritate skin. The cleanser itself is a creamy gel (best of both worlds) that lathers up to give your face the best clean. I’ve used this for about a week now, and I have noticed clearer skin, so I’ll have to say this works well. Also, this sample is quite large, and it will last me a while day to day. Yea!




$6.95 - 3 oz    ($1.74 Value)

I am a heavy coffee (and wine) drinker, so whiter teeth are always something I try to obtain. This toothpaste works double time and not only cleans your teeth, but it also slowly whitens them a few shades. This new formula promises for a deeper clean to remove deep, set-in stains. I don’t have a whole lot of time, so a two in one whitening product is right up my alley. Also, this toothpaste works, and so much better than you’d expect. This tiny tube is great for travel (like everything else in this box), but I am going to be using right now. I’d be happy to purchase the full size item as well.




$1.29 - 0.5 oz    (Full Size!)

I am back and forth on my deodorant brand between Secret and Dove, and while Secret usually wins, I am happy to try out this new product from the Dove line. I love that Dove offers skincare along with their products, so it works double time. Also, the scent is really nice, and this deodorant keeps me fresh all day, even in the hot sun. I think I will be holding onto this deodorant for travel or for those emergency mornings you wake up and realize you need to restock, but I would use this every single day.




$8.97 - 0.1 oz    ($4.49 Value)

Walmart Beauty Box always includes at least one “beauty” item, while the rest of the items are technically toiletries.




Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in Soft Beige

$4.97 - 1 fl oz    ($0.25 Value)

While this is only a small sample, these foundation foils are a perfect way of sampling a product without purchasing an entire bottle and it not matching or working. I've been dealing with greasy skin for a while now, so I love anything that promises to help me stay matte. This light moussey foundation does a great job at covering yet still staying light. I also did notice a matte finish. This isn't the perfect color for my skin, but I bet I could figure it out easily when I purchase the full size. Also, this is soooo affordable. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. I love all the practical travel items that I am still able to sample. The foundation was a great foil to sample before purchasing the full size product, and the lip gloss is a great color for spring. While this isn't the most exciting box ever, I will use absolutely everything inside. This month's box has a value of $11.55. That is pretty low for this box, and a little disappointing, but we all know travel items always cost more than the product inside. I am still going to keep this box going, because it is just so practical. 


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here. It is a fun little subscription that is full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment