Saturday, August 5, 2017

Birchbox July 2017 Review - One-Two-Punch

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of July, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for me this time around. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that deliver at least five sample size beauty products (and sometimes full size items) to your door around a theme for only $10. This used to be my all time favorite box, but ever since they took away the reward points, the value isn't as high. But, they do a great job at delivering items that I love, and I've found quite a few products that I used every single day.


This month's theme is One-Two-Punch. Summer is just easygoing, and you want a beauty routine to match the simplicity of these long days. The products with this month will help cut your routine in half rather they be items that work as a lipstick and blush, or a hair product that let you skip the blow dry and styling. This is how I try to live my life everyday, so I think I am going to like what's inside. This month's box is really cute as well. It reminds me more of winter, but the colors and pattern are cute enough to put out on display. 



Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer

$21.00 - 2 oz    ($2.52 Value)

I love receiving face moisturizers in my subscription boxes, because they are so expensive that I don't like to purchase them at full price, but it is also so nice to try out different formulas and brands. This product will help hydrate and revitalize skin for those faces that have been traveling, stressed, or dealing with the environment. I love moisturizers that help heal skin while moisturizing, and this will be a great product to turn to after a long weekend in the air traveling or after a day in the sun. This will last me a few weeks too. 




Fave4 Up for Air Air Dry Cream

$18.00 - 5.5 fl oz    ($3.27 Value)

Summer means easygoing, including your hair style, so blow-drying and curling just doesn't cut it when it's hot outside. This cream will help give you that tousled bedhead look without the frizz and limpness of air-drying. With ingredients like quinoa and flax, this product will work with your hair's natural texture to give you a styled look with minimal work. This item is just perfect for me, because I tend to air-dry every single day, but I get bored with the limp and straight look. This item gives it just the boost it needs to make it appear like I spend hours on my hair. 



M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin

$31.00 - 1.0 oz    ($6.20 Value)

This isn't your basic primer, but instead could help you escape your normal foundation and concealer application. With their special formula, this cream will neutralize redness, even skin tone, and hides impurities all while giving you a dewy complexion. It works underneath makeup, or without it at all, which is something that makes me happy. I have pretty oily skin, so I tend to not like products that promise dewy skin, but this is subtle enough that I will happily use it. I will say, this doesn't cover enough to go without anything else, but it does help me skip foundation and go directly to powder. That is enough for me. 



Beautaniq Beauty Blush Serum in Sunrise

$16.00 - 10 ml    (Full Size!)

First of all, this packaging is so cute, and it really helps me from disliking this item a little less. I do like wearing blush, but creams are so difficult to use, and this formula is so pigmented that I make myself look like a clown every time I try to use it. I will say, I do like this color a lot, and I would wear it all the time if it were a powder, but I just don't have the light hand or expert experience needed for this product. They do suggest using this on your lips as well for a cute tint, but I would be worried about it drying them out. I like the idea of this product, and I know so many people will really enjoy this, but this is just not for me. I'm a little bummed.




Cartier Eau de Cartier Eau de Parfum

$76.00 - 1.6 oz    ($2.38 Value)

While I know so many subscribers hate receiving perfumes because of their lack of value and they may already wear a specific scent, but not me. I love switching up my scent by my mood, the occasion, and the weather. This perfume by Cartier combines notes of vanilla, balsam, and amber to create a fresh and mature scent that is perfect for work or weekday drinks. I really like this scent, and it is unlike anything I already own. Plus, it will last me at least ten uses, so I definitely get to enjoy it. 



Overall, I am really happy with this box. I think the items go well with the theme and summer, and I've found a few that will become staples in my morning routine. The hair cream and face moisturizer are so wonderful, while the perfume is so fitting for the corporate side of me. I will definitely use up the primer as well. That blush is probably the only thing that I won't really use. This month's box has a value of $30.37. That is pretty great for a $10 box, especially since I really like most of the items. I can't wait to see what they have in store for me in August. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different brands and products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment