Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sephora Play! July 2017 Review - Beauty Staycation

Yea! My Sephora Play! has arrived for the month of July, and I am really excited to check out everything inside. Sephora Play! is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers six samples (one is always a perfume) to your door in a cute bag for only $10. The items are brands and products sold at Sephora, so you’re going to get a good blend of middle and high end items, which also makes the value of this box great. The items and bag is also curated around a theme, and I love themes! This is easily becoming my favorite $10 box, so I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me this time.


This month’s theme is Beauty Staycation. Not all of us get a summer vacation, let alone a summer break, so making the most of your home town is what it’s all about. These items will help us take a little vacation, whether it be at your local pool, a BBQ in your backyard, or even for a warm summer night walk. I have to work all summer long, so I don’t have the option to get away during these warm months, so this box will help me enjoy this time at home. This month’s bag is really cute too. It reminds me of a picnic table, and it goes really well with the theme. My favorite kind of camping is with indoor plumbing, so I can relate to this bag.  




$24.00 - 0.3 oz    ($8.00 Value)

I am sure you’ve heard it from me before, but I absolutely love receiving mascara samples in my subscription boxes. These tubes are the perfect size to use up all the product before the mascara expires or starts to clump and harden. Also, I feel like the formula works in the smaller tubes. I don’t get it, but I swear on it. I have yet to try this one, but from a few reviews I can see it is a fan favorite. This formula promises length and volume, which is all I really need. Plus, it lifts and separates as well. Because of all the positive reviews, I am really excited to try this out, and I am moving it to the front of the rotation.




$38.00 - 2.8 oz    ($11.40 Value)

Everyone received a face mask in this month’s box, and from the spoilers, I was hoping I would receive this product. First of all, it looks so fun. I love the black and white swirls that blend together when you apply it to your face. Second, I have recently had a terrible spurt of acne, so this charcoal mask will help clear up that issue. Last, this is huge, and it will take me forever to use up completely. I seriously wouldn’t even want the full size item, because it would expire before it is used. This formula promises to help detoxify, minimize the appearance of pores and balance your skin’s hydration. I was happy with the first two, but I did feel like I had to apply moisturizer after this drying mask. I will say, this is a great item to use while relaxing at home, especially if you have FOMO anxiety.




$20.00 - 5 oz    ($3.00 Value)

I’ve heard so many whines about this leave-in conditioner, but luckily, I really enjoy it. This isn’t my first time using this, which isn’t always that bad. While I do like trying out new products, I also enjoy restocking on those I love. This is one of those product. Sometimes, I need just a touch of product to help brush through my freshly washed hair, and this does the trick. The creamy milk texture smoothes hair without weighing it down, and it dries as if nothing was added. That is a necessity for me, since my hair is so thin. The scent is light and nice as well, so it doesn’t overpower. I am happy to use some more of this product.




$18.00 - 0.13 oz    ($8.31 Value)

While I tend to not reach for liquid lipstick because they dry out my lips and feel uncomfortable while wearing, this miracle formula changes my mind on them altogether. This full coverage cream to matte lipstick is infused with hydrating ingredients that moisturize while setting. Since it is a liquid lipstick, it lasts forever, which means less trips to the bathroom, which is usually an issue for me. The best part of this product, the color is beautiful. The soft rosy pink gives your face a girly, yet natural look, and this color can be dressed up or down. I think this color is great for summer, or really anytime of the year. I will be keeping this color in my purse.




$24.00 - 1.2 oz    ($2.00 Value)

I really enjoy this brand and the packaging, and while I am familiar with their makeup items, I have never got a chance to try their skincare items. This hydrating moisture stick can be used under or over makeup to give your face a splash of moisture anytime. It also calms your skin and depuffs with its cooling effect. This is a great product to use after a day in the sun, but it can also be used instead of makeup to give your skin a touch of energy and dew. I am going to put mine in the fridge for those days that I really need to cool it down. This tube is quite small, and the product barely fills up a third of the container, but I will still be able to get a few uses out of it. I’m not mad.




$75.00 - 1.0 oz    ($3.75 Value)

What is more summery than citrus, especially orange, so why not wear it as a perfume. This scent by Atelier is exactly that, a zesty, playful, and energizing orange cologne. With notes of blood orange, jasmine, amber, and sandalwood, this mixes the bright and energy citrus with a grown up musk. It reminds me of an orange peel with its slightly bitter scent. I don’t know how often I will be wearing this, because I am not a huge orange fan, but it would be perfect for an evening at the park, watching a kid’s soccer game, or just to brighten up your mood. I will say, this is a great summer scent.


Overall, I am really happy about this month’s box. There are so many items that I love and am excited to incorporate in my routine. That charcoal mask is top notch, and I am so happy it was included in my box, and I have a feeling that mascara is going to be amazing. I am happy to add more conditioning spray in my cabinet, and that liquid lipstick will go straight into my purse. That MILK hydrating stick will be great for those lazy Sundays. That perfume is really the only thing I don’t love, but it will be nice to wear every once in a while. This month’s box has a value of $36.46. This is pretty great for a $10 box. Plus, since I love each item so much, it is worth much more to me than that. I can’t wait to see what is in store for me next month.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to sample all the best in beauty at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment