Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Target Beauty Box August 2017 Review - Hello Routine

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of August, and now that it is the final month of summer, I am hoping for some great transition pieces. Target Beauty Box is a monthly subscription box that delivers full size and sample size beauty products to your door between $5 and $10 depending on the value of what’s inside. These items range from hair, nails, makeup, skincare, and fragrance, and you can find all the items at your local Target. I love this box, because it is a great way of trying out new products from brands you love that are affordable to purchase again and again. Let’s check it out.


This month’s theme is Hello Routine. I love this theme for the month of August, because we’ve been living that easygoing summer life, but school is about to be back in session, so it is time to get back into a routine. While I try to keep a routine all year round, it always slips a little during these summer months, but I am ready to get back to my old regimen. When I think routine, I think brush, floss, wash, moisturize, so any product that would fit into my nightly drill would be great for me. I also wouldn’t mind some quick fix products, like dry shampoo, when we are a little behind schedule.



Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

$3.84 - 25 count    (Full Size!)

This full sized product is amazing, and it works perfectly with my lifestyle and theme. Some nights or mornings, I just don’t want to or have time to go through my three-step cleansing routine, so these wipes quickly do the trick. These wipes do a great job at removing even the heaviest makeup to prep it for a soft cleaner, or bed if you are having a lazy day. It doesn’t leave a residue like some makeup wipes either, which makes it a win for me. Also, this is an item that I repurchase over and over, so this item technically saves myself a trip to the store. I am really happy with how this box is starting out!




Dove Invisible Clear Finish Dry Spray Deodorant

$5.49 - 3.8 oz    (Full Size!)

I have never tried a deodorant spray before, so I am pretty excited about this item. I just assumed that this product would leave white marks and a sticky residue, but instead it was dry and clear. Also, I am so impressed with how well it works. It outlasted my normal solid applicator. I really enjoy the scent as well. It is fresh and flowery and smells much more like a body splash than deodorant. I think this may be one of my favorite discoveries from a subscription box even if it is just a deodorant. And look, it’s another full size product. Does it get better than this?




Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

$7.99 - 14 count    ($0.57 Value)

Even though I’ve received these pore strip samples in my boxes many times before, I am happy about it each and every time. It really saves me from purchasing a pack, but instead I treat myself to this deep cleaning once one arrives. These strips work wonders to that heavy blackhead area on and around your nose, and I love looking at all the gunk it collected after removing it from my face. Don’t check it out if you are easily grossed out. These strips come as free samples in magazines, so that is a little annoying that it came in a box I paid for, but I am happy to have either way.




SpaLife Nourishing Facial Mask in Orange

$2.49 - 0.81 oz    (Full Size!)

Ohhh, I love sheet masks, so I have a feeling I am really going to enjoy this product. I don’t really have the funds for a day at the spa let alone a facial, so these are a great way to relax at home and improving your skins appearance. The orange scent is nice, and it awakens me and my skin. While I tend to use sheet masks at night, this is a great one to use during the morning with the vibrant citrus. The nourishing ingredients will also help calm and revitalize your skin. I really enjoyed this mask, and I am interested in trying out different product from this brand. The best part, I can pick them up at my local Target.




Garner SkinActive Clearly Brighter Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser

$5.99 - 4.7 fl oz    ($1.27 Value)

I actually have this line’s moisturizer on hand, and I love how it actually brightens my skin with a light sheen, but since this is cleanser, I am not completely sure how that will work. To begin, this product does a great job at removing makeup and dirt from the day, and my face felt completely clean. I did notice that light sheen I receive from the moisturizer as well. There is normally not much to say about a product like this, but this added brightener gets your face ready for the day (I would avoid using it at night). Plus, it works. Win, win.




Herbal Essences Repair Argan Oil Shampoo

$5.99 - 13.5 fl oz    ($0.62 Value)

While I am already a fan of Herbal Essences, I am happy to try out their new shampoo line. I really haven’t purchased Herbal Essences in a while, so I have not been introduced to their new formulas or scents. This travel size bottle catches me right up. This new formula is much more luxurious than I remember from their brand, and I love how my hair feels after even one use. I am also impressed with how clean it feels and smells. While this is a product I was excited to sample right away, these small bottles are ideal for travel, and I like to hold onto them for my next trip.




I had a feeling I was really going to enjoy this box, and I was completely correct. Those towelettes and deodorant are so practical, and they cost more than I spent on the box, so it is already worth it to me. The shampoo and cleanser are nice too. I like that they are new products from brands I love so I get to try them out. These sizes are great for travel as well. The pore strip and sheet mask are ideal for an at home spa, and they are ideal products to use before your first day of school or a new job. This month’s box has a value of $14.28, which isn’t the best for a $7 box and really the only thing that I don’t love about it, but since I will use everything, it can be overlooked.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, keep an eye out for them on the website the first or last Monday of the year. They sometimes sell out quickly, so scoop them up as soon as you see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment