Saturday, August 12, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag July 2017 Review - Over Easy

Yea! My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of July, and I can’t wait to see what is inside. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five beauty samples and full size items in a specially created makeup bag for $10. This is a much loved subscription, which is mostly due to their cute theme, well liked brands, and high value. The items inside often add up to around $40. I personally like the collectable makeup bags and their reward point program. While it is a little makeup heavy, I see they have transitioned to my tastes a little more.


This month’s theme is “Over Easy.” This lazy egg is a popular Asian character from the makers of Hello Kitty, so I know there are going to be quite a few fans. I personally am in love with this bag. He is so cute, and he reminds us to slow down and enjoy these lazy summer days. I am all about easy makeup applications too, so I have a feeling these products are going to be perfect for me. I am hoping for some at home spa items, like some sheet masks or some overnight hand or feet creams. I wouldn’t mind some BB cream for instant coverage either. I really like this theme and bag, so I have a feeling this is going to be a great month.



BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Mask

$28.00 - 1.69 oz    ($8.28 Value)

First of all, I am so interested in this product. I love masks, and you get to wear this one while you sleep! With ingredients like blue flower and jasmine, this mask will leave your skin feeling hydrated and full of glow. Plus, the scent alone will help you go to sleep faster and stay asleep with its calming aroma. I have a few moisturizing sleeping mask, and I use them all the time, so this will fit perfectly with my rotation. Plus, it’s a Korean skincare brand, so you know it is going to work great. I love how lazy this beauty product is, and it goes perfectly with the theme. We are off to a great start.





treStiQue Mini Concealer Crayon in Porcelain

$26.00 - 0.06 oz    ($8.67 Value)

I have actually received this exact product in a different shade in a previous subscription box, and it was just too dark for my skin. This, on the other hand, will work out perfectly. These crayons are so easy to use with their medium sized applicator, and the product blends really well. I like to use this under my eyes, where I don’t want too creamy of a product, but I still want something that will cover up that dark area. Also, the packaging is so cute. I love how it looks like a pencil with the cap on. This is a great way to quickly brighten up your face without much effort.





IBY Beauty Crease Eyeshadow Brush

$12.00

This is the first item that I’ve grabbed from this bag that I’m just not too excited about. I do really like that Ipsy delivers beauty tools along with their makeup and skin products, but this is probably the twelfth crease brush they have sent me in about three years. This one seems to be on the cheaper side too, and I could really snap it in half accidentally. The bristles are nice and thick though, and it could come in handy for multiple color eye looks or when I’m slacking on cleaning. Why can’t they just send me a few other brush styles instead? I could use a new makeup sponge too. Maybe next time.





Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel

$25.00 - 5 fl oz    ($1.25 Value)

I have so many cleanser samples to work through from all of my subscription boxes, but they are such a practical item, and I really like sampling all the different brands and formulas, so I will take this one with open arms. While I am very familiar with Tarte’s makeup products, I haven’t tried many of their skin care items, so this is something new. This formula will not only leave your face feeling so clean, but it will also help brighten with each use. It also has superpowers and will remove all that waterproof makeup that normally doesn’t budge. The smell is really nice too, which is important with anything you put close to your nose. This bottle isn’t large, so it will only last a few uses, but I will still enjoy each one.




OFRA Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Gold Rush

$10.00 - 2 g    (Full Size!)

Gold is my go to eyelid color, and this one is absolutely beautiful. I have quite a few OFRA products, and I am always impressed with their quality and colors. This is no different. The powder is so pigmented, and I can get full coverage with only one swipe. Plus, this one swipe eye color is the lazy summer’s way to still look beautiful. Since we’ve received a few magnetic palettes in our subscription boxes, I have plenty of space for this, and I will happily use it every single summer night. While I normally don’t think of makeup when I think of a lazy, easy day, this item still works perfectly with the theme, and I am in love.




Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. The bag and theme are so cute, and I am overjoyed with four of the five items inside. That jasmine sleeping mask is the most perfect item for me, and the concealer stick is finally the color I need. That tarte cleanser works really well, and I am absolutely obsessed with the eyeshadow. The only item that just isn’t exciting is the crease brush, but that is mainly because I have received so many. This month’s value is $40.20. That is absolutely crazy for a $10 box, and I am not even counting the value of the bag. This month was amazing, and I hope Ipsy can keep it up.



If you would like to try Ipsy Glam Bag for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out a range of products at a great price, and it is always an amazing value.

No comments:

Post a Comment