Tuesday, August 22, 2017

GlossyBox July 2017 Review - Tropical Beauty

Yea! My first ever GlossyBox has finally arrived, and I am really excited to check it out. GlossyBox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers full and sample size products to your door for only $21. The boxes usually value around $80 and contains about six or seven products, so it is definitely worth the cost. These products range from hair, makeup, skincare, nails, and fragrance, so you are always going to receive a wide range of items and brands. Since this is my first one every, I am really interested in checking out what’s inside and possibly discovering a new subscription box.


This month’s theme is Tropical Beauty. Summer is officially here, and these products will help make the most of them. If you are going on a tropical vacation of your own, or you’d like to make the most of your summer at home, these products will help you enjoy and embrace that summer heat. This box is really cute too. Just this alone reminds me of a tropical vacation, and I will happily use this around the house during the summer months  ahead. As I understand, we get a cool designed box every three months. Personally, I wish it were every single time, as I love decorating and organizing with these, and this size means I can fit more inside. I am hoping for sunscreen or some tropical eye colors. Let’s see!



Aerin Luxurious Tangier Vanilla Body Wash

$60.00 - 7.6 fl oz

While I would never ever spend $60 on a body wash, and this product could never amount to that price, this is a very nice and luxurious product. First, the packaging is so nice. I love the box (which makes it very gift able), and the bottle looks clean and beautiful in my bathroom. Next, the scent is wonderful. The vanilla is soft and stays on my skin all day. It would also be great for night to help calm you from a crazy, caffeinated day. Again, I don’t think this bottle is worth the price tag, but I will definitely enjoy, and I still consider the value of this worth the cost of the box.




Dr. PawPaw Multipurpose Soothing Balm

$10.00 - 0.8 oz

This product is a cult favorite, and while I originally just considered this to be a more expensive petroleum jelly, I am starting to understand why. While this can be used on your lips, nails, or dry skin like all other balms, this one contains one main ingredient that helps heal and replenish. This Caria Papaya is a completely natural product and is believed to be the best at topical healing. I used this on my cuticles and lips, and both felt completely revived with just one use. I am already a fan of this product, and this will be going straight into my purse.




NCLA Celan Up Your Act

$16.00

At first, I was really excited about this product. Every time I paint my nails, I get nail polish everywhere, and I usually wait until my next shower to peel it off my skin. This pen will help remove polish from the unwanted area of your skin. I thought this was such a great idea for a product, until I realized how basic it really is. This pen doesn’t include any product, so you have to literally dip it into your own nail polish remover. Also, the tips can be used about once before they need to be tossed, so this is good for four uses. To me this is just an expensive q-tip, and not really worth the money. I guess I will get my four uses out of it at least.




Doucce Blush Palette and Blush in Summer Sunset

$10.00 (Palette) / $14.00 (Blush) - 0.12 oz

I’ve received so many Doucce single pods, and now I have a place to hold them. Plus, this z palette includes an extra blush to start off your collection. I am really impressed with this compact. I love how it can hold two singles with space for a brush or three pods tightly. Plus, this snap closure makes this ideal for travel. The blush is very pretty as well. The rosy pink matches perfectly with your new tan, and I can see myself wearing this color for those night parties on the beach. Also, it looks like we get to pick out another color for August. That is pretty exciting. This is a win. 




De Bruyere After Sun Lotion Monoi

$12.00 - 1.76 oz

While I was hoping for a product with SPF, this will work just as nicely. While I do always wear sunscreen while out and about during these summer months, I am bound to get a touch too much color, and this after sun lotion will help soothe, heal, and moisturize. This tube size is perfect for an entire summer’s use, and the scent reminds me of summer as well. This worked really well on my light burn, and within a day my skin was back to normal. I am going to throw this in my bag for my next summer vacation. 




De Bruyere Pearly Eyeshadow Pencil in Bubble

$17.00 - 0.05 oz

I was hoping for another makeup product, but this one really missed the beat for me. While the color is very nice, it doesn’t remind me of summer at all. I would much rather have received this color is a fall or winter box. Also, while the creamy formula allows the shadow to easily smooth over your eye for placement, it also tends to crease up, which doesn’t look too pretty. This is a fine product, but it doesn’t live up to its price tag, and I was hoping for some summer brights instead. I will just have to store this away for winter.




La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

$15.00 - 13.5 fl oz    ($0.56 Value)

I’ve received this exact sample in a subscription box before, so I can say it is a product that I enjoyed, but something that I am not dying over receiving again. This product does do a great job leaving my face feeling clean, but it wasn’t anything too special. It says hydrating on the packaging, but I will say I needed to moisturize after using this. Also, this is a sample/travel size, which is kind of a bummer. These boxes cost more, because they offer full size items, but I received this same item in a $10 subscription box. This will be great for travel, though, which I really appreciate.




Overall, my first Glossybox was pretty good. There were a few items that I really loved, while others were just flops. I can definitely justify the $21 cost of the box, but a lot of these items were heavily overpriced. The body wash is great, and I will use, but I would never pay the full price tag. The soothing balm and after sun lotion are great additions as well, and I will happily add these to my collection. The blush and palette are the true winners in my book. Everyone could use another z palette, and the blush is beautiful. The eyeshadow just isn’t in season and the nail polish removing pen is expensive plastic. This month’s box has a value of $125.56. I would say it really has a value of about $50, which is still great for a $21 box. I will stick it out for another and see how I feel.


If you would like to try GlossyBox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out many different products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment