Saturday, August 5, 2017

Target Beauty Box July 2017 Review - Hello Fireworks

Yeah! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of July, and I am pretty stoked to check out all the samples and full size products they have for us this week. Target Beauty Box isn't really a subscription box because you have to purchase them each separately once they go on sale, but like beauty subscription boxes, they deliver between six and eight beauty samples and some full size products to your door from $5 to $10 depending on the value of the box. I love Target's brands, and I always find some treasures in this box, so I can't wait to see what this one has in store. 


This month's theme is Hello Fireworks. This month is all about Independence Day celebrations and making the most out of summer's beautiful weather, so Target is here to help. Rather it be outdoor BBQ parties, days at the beach, or nightime bonfires, these products will add a touch of sparkle to your look. Target does a pretty good job at sticking with the season when curating their products, so I expect there to be some summer favorites along with your everyday beauty products. 



e.l.f. Illuminating Mist & Set

$3.00 - 2.02 fl oz    (Full Size!)

This is one of those brands that are so cheap, yet surprising work really well. This setting spray will help keep your makeup in place while mattefying, even in the summer heat. I know setting sprays have been around forever, but I've just started using them more regularly. Summer is intense where I live, and I am always sweating my makeup off, so this setting spray helps keep it in place. I am also pretty impressed with the formula and how well it works. Why pay more for something that works just as well. Also, this is a full size item. Crazy!




ACURE Day Cream

$16.99 - 1.7 fl oz    ($9.99 Value)

I have already tried this product from a previous box, but I love it so much, and I am really happy the additionally supply. Face cream is always so expensive, and I really don't like purchasing it because of that, but I am always happy to receive some more in my subscription boxes. This product is all natural, and the citrus scent really wake you up in the morning making you and your skin feel refreshed. This sample is pretty large, too, so it will last forever. I am in love with item, and I am so happy that Target included it in this month's box. 




Scunci Cashmere Blend Headwraps

$5.99 - 6 ct    ($2.00 Value)

Something about these headwraps are calling my name. Rather it be the cashmere texture, the natural colors, or the soft feel, they are great. I love pulling my hair back after work or when getting my face ready for bed, and the comfy feel to these makes the routine my more enjoyable. I will say, these don't stick in your hair that well, so I would suggest using these for working out or any vigorous activity, but I am planning on just lounging with these anyways. I love this hair item, and I will get a lot of use out of them. 




Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

$17.99 - 1.7 oz    ($2.65 Value)

This is another item that I've been able to try over and over again, but I am happy to have more at my disposal. This moisturizing gel give your face an added does with it's high performing formula. It does tend to stick to your skin while using the item, so I only use it at night, and I end up having to rinse off the extra product in the morning. This leaves my skin looking bouncy and healthy. This is a great product to use when your skin is in crisis, which is perfect for a night after a day in the sun. Knowing how I am planning on spending this summer, it will come in handy. 




Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes

$4.49 - 25 ct    ($1.26 Value)

I love receiving practical items in my subscription boxes, because that means I am getting a great deal on them, and I also don't have to restock. These make-up remover wipes will take away all the leftover makeup and dirt you've collected in a day to leave your skin clean and refreshed. I like to wash my face after using these most of the time, but they come in handy when you are too tired or just don't have the energy. They are better than nothing. These do a great job at removing the toughest make-up, even eyeliner, so I would happily repurchase over and over. 




Secret Fresh Invisible Solid Deodorant in Cool Waterlily

$4.99 - 2.6 oz    ($0.96 Value)

There is nothing I like more than receiving travel sized items of products I know and love, because it is always so expensive to purchase smaller products in store for traveling, but I hate packing up all my full size items when I will only be away for a few days. This deodorant smells good and works so well, even in the summer heat. Plus, I much prefer solids to the gel, because they don't make my armpits feel wet on impact. I am really happy with this item, and I will be putting it with my other travel items for the upcoming travel season.  




Que Bella Replenishing Dead Sea Mud Mask & Hydrating Pineapple Peel Off Mask Duo

$2.49 each - 0.5 oz    ($3.29 Value)

I know there has been a sheet mask craze, and while I do love them, I do love myself a good old regular mask. This mask duo delivers a single application (but I can probably get two) of both a replenishing mud mask and a hydrating peel off mask. Mud masks are my favorite, since they leave my skin so replenished, but peel off masks are always fun as well. I've never heard of this brand before, but I see they have a mask for almost everything, and I am excited to try out a few of them. These are going into my drawer until my face needs replenishing. 




John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Creme

$5.39 - 4 oz    ($0.20 Value)

So, I know there is quite a bit of controversy about this item, because it was advertised as a tube, but they delivered a foil size product. I am not really bummed about it, because this isn't really a product that I would ever use. If you have frizzy hair this cream will help you tame it to start out the day or throughout it. My hair doesn't really get frizzy, and this would most likely just weigh it down. Also, since you don't really need a whole lot at a time, this foil pack will take about ten uses to use up, and the packaging just won't hold. I am alright with not liking one of these eight products. 



Overall, I am pretty happy with this months box. There are some new discoveries and some cult favorites, and I won't use only one of the products. That day cream, face wipes, hair bands, and face masks are so great. I will happily use that setting spray, face gel, and deodorant as well. The frizz cream will probably just get tossed. This month's box has a value of $23.35. That is pretty great for a $7 box. Plus, since I love most all the items, that is just icing on the cake. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, look out for the first or last Monday of the month. They sell out quickly, so make sure to pick them up once they are available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment