Tuesday, August 22, 2017

BoxyCharm July 2017 Review - Cutie Pie

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of July, and I can't wait to see what this month has in store. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least four (But usually five) full size products for only $21. This box always values over $100 (I don't know how they do it), so it is definitely a great value. These products range from makeup, nails, beauty tools, hair, and body, and they deliver great brands as well. I can't wait to check them out.


This month's theme is "Cutie Pie." I love the cherry pie theme for the most patriotic month of the year, because there isn't anything more american than this. I also appreciate how the theme works with beauty as well. Usually BoxyCharm does a good job incorporating their products with the theme, but this one is pretty generic. That is, unless this box is full of american classics like red lipstick, black eyeliner, and peach blush. I would be happy with a box like this. Let's check it out.  




$45.00 - 0.38 oz

When I read electric, I was expecting a palette of neons and brights, but these reds are much more classic and natural than I was expecting. For a five shade palette, these colors are pretty much everything you need for a complete eye look. The white is the perfect highlighter, while the bronze is a must for your smoky eye. I really like that deep mahogany for a pop of color. I love it when you can create a full look with one kit, which makes this great for travel as well. I don't think I have a reds palette like this, so this will be a great addition to my collection. Plus, this item alone is double the cost of the box. Amazing. 




$6.00 - 0.1128 oz

I think ColourPop is one of the best brands for color selection, and this liquid lipstick is a great example. The rosy mauve will look great with any skin color, and I could wear this color anytime of the year. I will say, I don't really like liquid lipsticks, because they dry out your lips so much, and this one is a definite culprit. I don't know how often I will reach for this, just because it is uncomfortable on, but I do like this color a lot. It may not be red, but this is a color as classic white pears. 




$32.00 - 0.31 oz

First of all, this duo is HUGE! I rarely run out of powder colors, so this will last forever. At first, I though this was a highlighter duo, but instead it is a setting powder and highlighter. I have pretty greasy skin in the summer with the humidity and relentless heat, so a translucent mattefying powder is a must. The highlighter is very pretty as well. I like the bronze marbled in with the pearl color. It gives a beautiful highlight yet still looks natural on my skin. To me, this is such a high end product, and I am going to love wearing this all summer, fall, winter, and spring. 




$12.00 - 0.28 g

At first I was so excited about this product. I love brow pencils, and this pencil tip is ideal for a natural looking application. But, there is one problem. This universal color isn't so universal. I have pretty blonde eyebrows, so I don't like to go too dark with my pencil, but this is too dark. Even with light application, my eyebrows looked like caterpillars on my face. The idea of one color fits all is pretty bazaar to me, and it definitely doesn't work in my case. This is such a great product, and I wish it worked, but this just doesn't work for me. I am a little bummed. 




$32.00 - 2 fl oz

While I do love the makeup included in this box, I love stocking up on those products that aren't fun to purchase. This setting spray is a summer must have, as it will help your makeup last throughout those hot summer days or those long nights out. This spray is a little heavy, and it feels like it soaks my face, but it works really well once it dries. This is a great practical item for this month's box, and I will definitely use it despite the initial flood. Plus, it is a great way to set your classic summer look. 


Overall, this is box is pretty good, but there are a few bummers. The two palettes are amazing, and so expensive if I were to purchase them separately. The eyeshadows are perfectly pigmented, and I love the highlighter and setting powder duo. The setting spray is a great practical item as well. I love the color of the liquid lipstick, but the formula is less than ideal, and that eyebrow pencil will just not work for me. This month's box has a value of $127. That is amazing for a $21 box (it is over $100 more!). Even though this wasn't the best box ever, there is still a lot of value in the items I will use, so it was more than worth it to me. I can't wait to see what is in store for me next month. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on items at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment