Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ipsy Glambag July 2015 Review - Summer Lovin'

My Ipsy Glambag for the month of July has arrived, and like always, am really excited to see what samples Ipsy has in store for me. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box full of beauty samples and full size items that is delivered right to your door for only $10 a month. On top of the beauty samples, each month comes with a makeup bag with a unique design perfect for traveling. It is always worth much more than $10, so I would consider this subscription to be a great value and a great way to discover new products. 


This month's theme is Summer Lovin' and the bag is too cute. The theme is fun, and I could definitely use some new products to sample for these long summer days. I am in love with this bag. Usually the makeup bags are cute, but nothing too exciting. This one has a super fun design, and the bright, bold colors are perfect for summer. These makeup bags make traveling super easy, and this one will be my go to bag all summer long. 


This month's bag doesn't seem to be too full, and the samples or full size products don't seem to be too large in size. That doesn't mean the value isn't there, though. While some items are small in size, they can still become one of my favorites and last a while. I see some things that I am pretty excited about, so let's hope they live up to my expectations. 


be a... bombshell Lip Balm in French Kiss

$14.00 - 0.16 oz

I've received this brand a few times in my Ipsy Glambag, and while I didn't love those other items, this tinted lip balm is great. This pink color goes on sheer and moisturizes lips in the process. Also, this is a full size item. I love receiving full size items in my sample subscription boxes. This tint is great for summer. It is effortless and you can apply without a mirror. The color is very light, too, which compliments my skin tone and brightens my face while appearing very natural. I can easily apply this all summer long while at the beach, music festival, or camping. This is the perfect product for summer. 



$21.00 - 8.8 ml  

I have a feeling most people hate receiving perfume samples in their subscription boxes, but I seriously love it, and this is way more than a sample. The product is actually so big, they sell this size on their website. I am always happy to receive perfume, because I really want to find myself a new scent, and I like to mix up my perfume with my mood. With all these samples I have an endless amount of scents to pick from. This particular scent is nice, but it isn't the perfect scent for me. It is a mix of woodsy bergamot and sandalwood with floral notes of rose and orange flower. It is an exotic, light scent, which is perfect for summer vacation to the jungle or a dinner on the beach. This is a great scent for summer. 



$12.00 - 0.42 oz    

I am not usually one to wear a lot of nail polish, so I wasn't too thrilled about this sample at first, but after testing it out, I really fell in love. The gel effect is really nice, and it lasts much longer than normal nail polish. Summer is also the season for sandals, so my toe nails must be painted. I like this bright pink, it actually matches this month's bag, and it is perfect for summer. This is once again a full size item, so I will get a ton of uses out of this. I've never heard of this brand before, but after this product I would be excited to see what other beauty items they offer. 





$76.00 - 1 oz       

This is the first item that isn't a full size product or a extra deluxe sample, but it is still a great value. Again, I've received the pur-lisse brand a few times before in my Ipsy Glambag, and I have become a big fan of their products. This sample is perfect for me, because I love face serums that help prevent my face from aging. I've used this only a few times, and already I can see a difference. My face is brighter and has evened out. I don't think I would ever spend $76 for the full size item, but I am happy to use this sample until it's gone. On that note, this will last a long time, because you only need a little to cover your entire face. 




$16.00 - full size            

This is another super deluxe sample, while it is almost as large as the full size item. This is another item I wasn't too excited about, because the brand appeared to be cheap, and I don't care too much about items that try to be two things. As a shadow, I don't think this product works, but as an eyeliner I LOVE IT! It goes on really smoothly and makes it extremely easy to create a line across my lashes. This bronzy brown is a great color to keep thinks light and more natural for summer. I prefer to wear less makeup, or at least appear to wear less makeup, during the hotter months, and this brown eyeliner is the perfect way to dress up your eyes while keeping it natural. This is another brand that I am excited to try more and more items. 


I haven't been too happy about the last few Ipsy Glambag's I've received this year, but this one has really turned things around. I will use and love every single one of these items. Also, this bag had two full size items and two super deluxe samples, so the value is extraordinary  I estimate it to be worth $79.33. I only spent $10. That is almost $70 more. I am shocked, and really happy. I wish all my glambag's were this awesome, and I hope that future glambag's make me this happy. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment