Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Target Beauty Box Back to College 2015 Review - Top of the Class

Target came out with another beauty box, and much sooner than I would have expected. I feel like their summer box just came out, but this one is all ready for fall. I subscribe to two drug store brand subscription boxes, and this is my favorite of the two. Target has always had a good eye on fashion and beauty, and they always seem to be ahead of the curve. 


This fall box came in two varieties, Honor Roll and the one featured here, Head of the Class. I didn't purchase in time to receive the Honor Roll box, and it was already sold out, but I did get to purchase the Head of the Class box, which is the one I would prefer anyways. I really like this card's design, and the itemized description on the back is always helpful. Each card comes with a $3 off $15 coupon at target on anything in their beauty section. I have yet to use one, mainly because I receive most of the beauty products I need in these boxes. 



$4.99 - 0.27 fl oz

I've always thought Wet n Wild to be a cheap brand. But, just because it is cheap in cost, the actual brand tends to have makeup that matches your typical drugstore items. I was pleasantly surprised by this formula and the way it coated my lashes and gave them tons of volume. My lashes were really big, and I would be happy to wear this as a base. This isn't the best mascara I've ever tried, but it is great for the price. I might have to buy this product over and over. 



$1.99

I have always wanted a pumice and the calluses on my feet prove I need one. I don't know why I have yet to purchase one, but having one in this subscription box is well appreciated. I really like the two different scrubbing levels, and the light blue coloring is very cute. This did a great job smoothing the bottoms of my feet. I would prefer this in a summer box, but it is still sandal weather, so I will get great use out of this. Also, you always want to look your best when you are off to school, so this is a great way to give your feet a manicure. Since it is so cheap, I will be buying this over and over. 



$2.99 - 10 count 

I love this brand, and frequently purchase it, especially at Target ironically. I like the soothing effect of the cucumber in all of these products, and I prefer the soothing quality in a face towelettes. I used this after a workout to clean my face of grit and sweat so it wouldn't rest on my face until I could jump in the shower. I really like how this left my face feeling refreshed and soft, but it did leave a slight seen. I wouldn't use this as the only face wash unless it's a late night. I also like how this product is mostly all natural. 



$4.79 - 37 count         

I have moved past your typical hair ties the elastic ribbon ties as of late, but those tend to keep a looser ponytail, so these are definitely ideal for a workout. The colors are a little bright for me too, but if I wear these solely to the gym, they might actually cheer up my mood. I do like the ouchless variety without a metal band, and these hold my hair really tight. I think any girl would be happy to bring these with them to school. No one wants to pack on that freshman fifteen. 



$8.89 - 36 strips     

This is a product I never knew I needed, but found many ways my wardrobe required it. This is the perfect tape to hold together the blouse bulge or keep a strapless dress up where it belongs. It did hold up the entire time using this tape, which really surprised me. I am sure I will find many ways and reasons to use this tape. Without much time, I will probably have to buy more. This sample only contained six strips. 



$5.99 - 0.12 fl oz

I don't tend to wear lip gloss, because I don't like the sticky and glossy effect, so I was already not in love with this product. I wanted to give it a try, though, and I was pleasantly surprised. The color is light, and the formula wasn't too sticky. I did not like the shimmer, though. It reminds me way too much of middle school. I won't purchase this product in the future, and I probably won't wear it too often, but I might break it out of the drawer every now and then. 



$5.99 - 2.8 oz

On the plus side, this smells great. When I wore it in my hair, I could smell the scent all day, and I really enjoyed that. On the negative side, this left my hair looking a little greasier than I like. It is a dry oil spray meant to create shininess, but my hair doesn't need any help on those grounds. It tends to get greasy within less than 24 hours after I wash it, so added shine is really not necessary for my hair type. I bet this would be great for someone with dry hair, or hair that is thick and dull. I will have to pass it along to one of my friends with those qualities. 


I am always very happy with the value of these boxes. They only cost $5, and I estimate the value to be about $23.82. The cost would purchase the mascara alone, so the rest of the items are initially freebees. The hair oil and the lip gloss aren't really for me, but I will use up all the other products happily. I hope Target will come out with additional boxes this fall. They usually only come out seasonally, but this one is still in the middle of summer, so I'm hoping that fall will bring at least one more box. 


Target Beauty Boxes come out sporadically, and they sell out completely within 24 hours usually, so if you want one, you really have to keep your eye out. I wish they did them by subscription. But, as long as they keep them this cheap, I will diligently be keeping my eye out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment