Wednesday, July 1, 2015

PopSugar Must Have June 2015 Review

PopSugar Must Have is one of my favorite subscription boxes, but because it is so expensive, I usually one get one once in a while as a treat to myself. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box for $39.95 and delivers items that are trending or the best in fashion, beauty, home, fitness, food, and more. I like the variation of these products, and the items are usually all something that I use and love. I hope that there are some items that I end up falling in love with in this month's box. 


This month's box seems jam packed, and I am excited. Each month comes with an item card that describes each item, but I always put this aside, because I like to be surprised. One reason I splurged on this box is because of a free clutch promotion. I loved this clutch from a previous month, and at a $49 value, I knew I had to get this box. They may have suckered me into sticking with the subscription for a minute. 


Yogitoes Peacock hBand

$4.00

I have been practicing yoga for quite a while now, and I've been wanting more accessories. This tie dye headband is super cute and isn't super tight on my head, but still stays in place. The different positions in yoga always makes hair fall in my face, and this definitely keeps it in place. I also could use this to pull my hair back for many different reasons, like washing my face or going on a hike. This could definitely be thrown in the laundry to wash away all the sweat, but I am worried it might lose some of it's hold. I will definitely use this product over and over.  


Quay Australia Mandate Sunglasses

$45.00

Again, this is another hit for me. I like higher end sunglasses, because they actual use sun protecting tint on the lenses. These are perfect for wearing during any outdoor adventures. I don't like to wear my Ray Bans while playing sports, because they seem to be too fragile, but these will definitely work. The matte black frame is so stylish, and I love the carrying case. It seems very durable itself, and it will keep my shades safe when I'm not wearing them. I can't wait for summer weekends to go out and show off these cute sunglasses. 


Pacifica Enlighten Eye Brightening Shadow Palette

$14.00

I've received items from the Pacifica brand before, and I really like their organic ingredients mixed with their luxurious designs. While the box was beautiful, this palette is pretty simple. I am a fan of these colors, though. They go perfectly with my pinkish, light skin, and I can definitely see myself wearing these colors all summer long and maybe into fall. That plumb purple will help it transition into a new season. I am glad this box contained a palette that I will definitely wear, and I am excited to try these new colors. 


SPONGELLE Boxed Flowers-Fleur en Boite in Papaya

$16.00

This body wash soaked sponge was something completely new to me. By running this under warm water, it slowly dissolves it's body wash creating a softer sponge ready to use. The first use was a little rough. The sponge was still pretty stiff, but by the third use, the sponge was really soft. I bet I still have a few uses from this sponge still. I would estimate a total five uses. That is pretty good, but I wish it were more. It's a little pricey for only 5 uses. Plus, its a lot of packaging. I hate seeing all this waste. At first I didn't care too much for the scent, but once getting it out of the wrapper, it was a lot sweeter. I guess I am a fan of Papaya. The sponge, being so hard at first, created a nice scrub. This is perfect for getting your body beach ready for summer. 


"In the Unlikely Event" by Judy Blume

$16.77

I am so happy this was in this month's box. Judy Blume was a big part of my childhood, and I always read all of her books. Once I heard she was coming out with an adult novel, I knew I had to have it. This book is about a multiple plane crashes in one town and all the events that happen afterward. This seems to be the perfect light beach read, or maybe something to tow along for a road trip or on the plane for a global trip. I will be bringing this with me to our lake house for the weekend of the 4th. In between boat rides and fire pits, I will definitely find time to sink into this story. Plus, since I received it in my box, I won't have to go out and purchase it on my own!


SNAP Infustion SUPERCANDY

$3.98

The food addition in these boxes usually aren't that excited, because I've purchased it before, or I purposely didn't purchase it before. You know what I mean/ This, on the other hand, is something completely new, and something I will really enjoy. I love sweet, gummy candies, and sour is my jam. I am also an energy addict. I drink so much coffee everyday, and after coffee, I am always eating foods with natural energy. These were pretty yummy. They kinda reminded me of vitamins chews, but with more sugar. I like that these contain vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes. I would totally pick these up to snack on over any other candy. I hope I start seeing them around.   



Sweet & Spark

$30 Gift Card

While gift cards are a fun addition to the PopSugar Must Have box, and they are a great way to explore new brands, they usually aren't enough to purchase something without spending more of your own money. In this case, the $30 gift card won't purchase a single thing on this site without spending additional money. That is really dissapointing for me. On the other hand, each piece from this shop is handmade and one of a kind. I think I may have to splurge and pick out the perfect piece for me. 



$49.00

This wallet is from last November's box. I fell in love with it and was completely jealous of everyone that received it, because I didn't. But, now I am a happy girl. This wallet was free as a promotion to start this subscription, and I am happy with my decision. This wallet isn't too big, but it is perfect for an elegant event, or to use for a night out. I like that it is elegant, but really fun. This silver chain is quite long, so it hits you at the right spot. I have a few weddings this summer, and this wallet will be the perfect accessory to go along with my dressy outfits. 


I am really happy with this box. I like everything, yes EVERYTHING from this month's box. I estimate this box to be worth $174.75. I know that each box has a value of $100 or more, but this is more than I expected. I think after being so happy with this box, I am going to keep it going and try out next month. I've seen both boxes that I would love and not care for, so I hope next month continues to satisfy me. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment