Thursday, July 9, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Summer 2015 Review

My Walmart Beauty Box for Summer has arrived, and I haven't seen anything that could be inside, so I am excited to try out all these samples. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal sample subscription box that is delivered to your door for only $5 a box. While many subscription boxes are full of high end beauty products, Walmart's beauty box allows you to try drugstore brand's new products before you purchase the full size item. 


Each subscription box comes with a card describing the box as a whole, but does not describe each item. I wish that this card would explain each item, because sometimes I am not sure what they do, or how they are used. Plus, when I really like an item, it is nice to see how much it costs without having to look it up.  


Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Complete Care Shampoo

$4.98 - 12.9 oz         .66

I've tried this product before, so I already know that I like it. This shampoo has a heavier, soapy lather, which I would compare to your everyday drugstore shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling really clean, but I wouldn't say there is anything too special about it. I do love the way it smells, and that stays with my hair all day, making me feel clean up until the next shower. I really wish they threw in the conditioner sample along with the shampoo so I could get the full effect. 



$6.83 - 0.21 oz        5.20

I love receiving mascara in my subscription boxes, because I love trying out new formulas. I've found a few mascaras that were perfect matches for me over time. This mascara is not too exciting for me. I do like the big, thick brush, but the formula itself is a little weak. I usually like mascara that makes my eyelashes pop, but this is one that leaves just a small amount of coverage. I would wear this when I want to add a small amount of cover to my eyelashes, but I don't want it to appear as if I were wearing any makeup. Neutrogena claims this to have create loads of volume, but I do not see this to be the case. I probably won't ever purchase this mascara in the future. 


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser

$7.26 - 9 fl oz          .40

I really like the Neutrogena brand for all skin products. That being said, this is another product that I've sampled before. This is a soapy facial cleanser that starts as a gel and lathers lightly with water. I usually don't like these kinds of facial cleansers, because they don't seem to work as well as one with scrubbing seeds or a creamy texture. For what it is, I like it, and I will definitely use it up. I don't think I will be purchasing this full size item again. I would like to try more of their facial cleansers, though. 


John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray

$6.99 - 5 fl oz        1.40

I am really pumped to get this in my Walmart Beauty Box. I have just started trying out Sea Salt Sprays to create some natural waves in my pin straight hair, and these really do the trick. I tried this on freshly washed hair, and it didn't really do much after it dried, which was a little disappointing. My disappointment was reversed when I tried it on second day hair. This created the perfect amount of natural waves with a little bit of scrunching. I really like the John Frieda brand, and I am happy to find a product of this sort at a good price. I will definitely pick up a bottle of this once this one runs out. 


NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Cream

$2.61 - 2.6 oz          .84

I use moisturizing cream almost every single day, so this sample is perfect for me. This formula is definitely very soft and has a nice creamy texture with the perfect amount of thickness. While this sample wouldn't go too far on my whole body, I opted to use it as a hand cream, and I like that it moisturizes well and dries quickly so I can get back to work. I really like this jar, which makes it easy to throw in your purse and take with you anywhere. I really enjoyed this sample and will definitely pick up this brand in the future when I need some more lotion. 


Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Volumizing Shampoo

$12.98 - 8.5 fl oz                1.53

I have never heard of this product or brand before, so this is a completely new sample for me. The packaging makes this brand appear a little cheap, but I found that out to be not so true. The shampoo has a nice, light lather that goes along with many of the high end shampoos I've tried in the past. The smell is super yummy and smells earthy and organic, which goes along with the ingredients. I had to use a lot of the product in order to cover my entire head, so this sample will only be good for one use, unfortunately. I really like this shampoo and will have to consider buying it in the future. 

Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Volumizing Conditioner

$14.98 - 8.5 fl oz            1.76

This conditioner smells just like the shampoo, which makes me really happy. It has a nice creamy texture that gives my hair a nice deep condition. Again, I had to use the entire sample to cover my head, which is a bummer, because I wish I had more of a sample to use later. After the shower, my hair was super easy to comb, and it dried to be really soft and full of volume. I wish this brand were a little cheaper. I hate to spend that much money of conditioner, but I might just have to splurge. Since it is at Walmart, I believe this brand to be pretty accessible. 


Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Gladiolus

$7.97 - 0.1 oz

I have already become a big fan of this lipstick and shade in the short few days I've been able to sample it. I normally have really dry lips, so lipstick doesn't go on too smoothly. It is usually a cracked mess. This lipstick is a little different. It has a moisturizing formula, even though it is technically not a tinted moisturizer. That being said, it stays on boldly like a lipstick, but keeps your lips moisturized like a chapstick. This shade is the perfect bright reddish tint, and I love wearing it for summer. The only flaw to this bright shade is that since it is such a dramatic color, and it wears off every few hours or so, you have to always be checking yourself out. I wouldn't recommend wearing this anywhere where mirrors aren't available. I would like to try this lipstick in their other shades. 



$29.77 - 1 fl oz                1.49

I think it is a little funny when boy musicians come out with a perfume for their female fans. These perfumes are usually cheap smelling and are aimed towards a younger demographic. My expectations were right on for this perfume. While I didn't hate it, I feel like my older years have turned me on to more mature scents. This does include a lot of the tones that I usually enjoy. That includes melon, flower, and a little musk. This was fun to try as a sample, but I will not be purchasing the full size item. Ever. 


Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days To Glow Moisturizer Medium to Tan

$6.75 - 4 fl oz       1.42

I was a little afraid to use this tanning lotion, because it is for medium to tan skin, and I would consider mine to be on the lighter side. I tried day one, and I am quite impressed with the amount of color it gave me and how natural it looked. I was a little afraid to add more, so I stopped with one. I would love to try this for my skin tone, because it worked so well with one use. I think I'll save the other two packets for when this one wears out, or when winter turns my skin pale. 



$7.37 - 3 oz        1.23

Aveeno has always been a nice drugstore brand and one I completely trust. I love trying out new sunscreens, especially higher end ones that I can wear on a regular basis instead of just at the beach. I wore this on my arms, shoulders, and face when I went to an outdoor brunch with my girls. Those are the times I always forget to wear sunscreen, even though I am just as much in direct sunlight as I would be lying in the sun. I liked the light, non sunscreen smell, and I didn't expose my skin to harmful rays or leave me with embarrassing red arms. This product definitely reminds me to take care of my skin. 


I really enjoyed this season's box. It had quite a few samples I've never tried before and ended up really liking. This box only cost me $5 for shipping, and I estimate it to be worth $23.90, which is a great deal. The last few boxes only contained a few samples, but this season's box had quite a few. I could see this box costing more in the future, so I would suggest getting it now at this price. 


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment