Friday, July 17, 2015

PopSugar Must Have July 2015 Review

Popsugar is the box I look forward to most each month, and I always count down the days until it arrives at my door. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box for $39.95 and delivers items that are trending or the best in fashion, beauty, home, fitness, food, and more. I like the variation of these products, and the items are usually all something that I use and love. I hope that there are some items that I end up falling in love with in this month's box. 



I always set the card aside for the time being and so not to spoil what is inside. After I look at each item separately, I like to see what each one is worth and read more about the product. I like how this card lists out each item, as some subscriptions don't include an itemized card. This month's key words are: Beach Days, Easy Travel, Summer Heat, Fourth of July, and Stripes. These are all words that I associate with July, and I am excited to what items they've picked out to go along with these inspirational words. 



$28.00

I saw this as a spoiler for this bag, and I wasn't too excited. But, as soon as I was able to check it out in real life I fell in love with the cute style and great quality. This is definitely a luxurious cosmetic bag, and it is perfect for traveling. It is quite large insides, so you can fit everything, and it opens up to a wide mouth, so you won't have to spread everything across the bathroom counter in order to find something. I just did some traveling these last few weeks, and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon, so I really wish this arrived sooner. Oh, well. I know that I will be able to use it in the future. 



$28.00 - 3.4 fl oz

I really like the Supergoop! brand, and we all need an additional reminder to wear sunscreen everyday. Normally, I don't like to wear sunscreen on my face, because I don't like the sunscreen smell or the white sheen it leaves on my face. This makeup setter is the perfect place to leave sunscreen. It not only leaves a nice matte look, but it keeps my makeup set and it smells wonderful. It notes on the bottle to shake well, and you really should before every use. It does set and therefore not work as well. This is quite a large size, so it will last me the entire summer, and it is a great item for the July box. 



$5.99 - 25 wipes 

I have been buying many products from the Yes To brand, and I've never been let down. I've been a big fan of both the carrots and cucumber products, and this is the first blueberry product I've tried. The blueberry products are best used for age refresh, which we could all use on our face. I really like these wipes, and used them after the gym before I could make it home and shower. It left my face refreshed, and feeling quite clean, but it did leave a little residue feeling. I didn't notice it help with the anti-aging of my face, but I can't expect it to work in an instant. 



$19.99

This was a fun addition to this month's PopSugar box, and one that I didn't see coming. I have always been a big fan of dental care, and I am always buying the best care for my teeth. On the other hand, I am quite forgetful, and tend to forget a toothbrush everywhere I go. This portable electric toothbrush is going straight into my luggage, so I won't every leave it behind. When I do remember, I normally take manual toothbrushes with me, and I feel as though I don't get a good enough clean. Once again, I've been taking quite a few trips these last few weeks and don't plan on taking another one for a while, so I wish this item was in a previous box. 


 Sorial Card Case

$28.00

This Sorial card case is the same material of the chain clutch that appeared in a box from last fall, but in a new color. Honestly, the only time I would use this card case is when I go without my wallet, so that clutch will be the perfect item to use this with. I really like the red and the wallet, while small, leaves room for multiple cards and cash. Normally, I wouldn't purchase this on my own, but I have to say, I am happy with it now that I have it. 



$1.99

I am usually not too thrilled about the food extra in these boxes, and this one is another I am not too thrilled to receive. I really do like chickpeas and eat them as a snack on a regular basis, but I really do not care for food in bar form. That includes granola bars, or nut bars. This one wasn't too bad, though. And, this would be a great alternative for anyone with a peanut allergy. I would have rather received a bag of chickpeas, but this did help curve my hunger during the late afternoon hours. 



Hallmark Signature Collection Greeting Cards

$14.97

This was listed as a Special Extra! Each popsuguar subscriber received three unique Hallmark cards along with their subscription. I really enjoy this extra, as I will definitely use each one. I am always forgetting to pick up a card with the gift, so having these at home will save me when running out the door. Also, these are very nice cards, each one is three-dimensional, and I would see these in stores for more than $5 each. I really like the three I received and will find many occasions to use them. I am also interested in seeing what other three subscribers received in theirs. 


I am neither happy or unhappy with this box. I really like the toothbrush, face wipes, and the special extra greeting cards. The other items I could do without, but that being said, I will enjoy using them. This month's box is worth $126.94. The regular subscription costs $39.95 a month, so this is worth almost $100 more than I spent. I am happy with the price, and usually always am. I hope that August will have more items in store that are perfect for me. I will definitely hold onto my subscription to see. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have subscription for yourself, just click here. While it is a little pricier, the value is always there, and the products inside are to dye for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment