Sunday, April 17, 2016

Birchbox April 2016 Review - Elegantly Effortless

Yeah! My Birchbox is here, and quite early. I received this on the 8th of the month, which is crazy for a subscription box. I would say they usually arrive in the middle end or the end of the month, so that is super early. Birchbox is a monthly subscription that delivers at least five and sometimes full size beauty samples to your door for only $10 a month. Also, you can review those samples for points that are redeemable in their online shop. You can save them up and purchase full size product of samples that you absolutely loved. It is one of my favorite boxes, and you're about to see why. 


This month, Birchbox paired up with Rifle Company to create this beautifully designed box. I love these painted flowers, and it is perfectly fitted with spring. I like to display these boxes all over my house, and I've even started bringing them into my office. The ones that I don't really care for, or don't go with my style are perfect for linen closets to organize and store product. This box definitely isn't one of my favorites, but I do like it, and I think it would fit perfectly in my bathroom. I will probably stack this with a few similar other ones for storage. 


This month's theme is Effortlessly Elegant. This month is going along with the renewal of spring and bringing products that will help revive your look with simple products to make big differences. I am all about this theme, because that is always my goal. I love products that are quick to use, but also create big results. I am excited to see what is inside this box and what these products can do for me. I am sure they will impress. 



Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Solution

$21.00 - 10 fl oz    ($3.57 Value)

Birchbox in particular has been raving about these types of products, and I've actually tried a different brand of micellar solution from one of my previous Birchboxes. This solution sweeps away makeup, cleanses skin, and soothes irritation. I like it because its a one stop shop for cleaning your face. I feel like the times that I wear the most makeup are also the times that I am least likely to take them off (like a late night on the town). This one step process makes it more likely that I will take off all that dirt and grime when I get home instead of just sleeping with it on my face. This does a great job of cleaning off all my makeup, and I also see it remove dirt that I didn't even know was there. That being said, I love this product, but since you don't rinse it off, it leaves a slightly sticky film on my face. Normally, I couldn't deal with that. Instead, when I use this, I will just rinse it off instead of leaving it on my face. 



PARLOR by Jeff Chasten Volumizing Lifting Spray

$24.00 - 4.9 fl oz    ($4.90 Value)

My hair is so fine and flat, so I could seriously use a product like this. I am already a huge fan of PARLOR products. They are all high end and smell great, so I am excited to try this out. This smells just as good as every other product of theirs, and works just as great too. I sprayed this on my dry hair when it needed a lift, and I noticed a big difference immediately. It created lift all over, but didn't leave it looking wet or greasy. I am in love with this volumizer, and this bottle will last me quite a while too. Only a few spritzes, and I've got instant body. Again, I always wish this line were cheaper, but I guess you have to pay for quality. This product is so great. 



TOCCA Crema da Mano Hand Cream in Giulietta

$10.00 - 2 oz    ($5.00 Value)

This is a sample that I've already been able to try before, but it was a different scent, which makes me really happy. I loved this hand lotion the last time I had it so much, that it went with me everywhere, and I used it up so quickly. I am really excited about receiving another one, especially in a new scent. I am a huge fan of all the TOCCA scents and actually have the perfume kit. Giulietta is molded after the scents of pink tulip and green apple. I expected it to be more crisp, but it is actually soft and sweet. Seriously, it reminds me mostly of spring. I like this hand cream a lot, and it quickly replenishes my dry hands, but this scent isn't one of my favorites. I will definitely use it up, though. This will either go in my purse or sit on my desk at work. 



Dr. Jart+ Liftra Contour Cream

$60.00 - 50 ml    ($6.00 Value)

I think out of all the samples this month, I am most excited to try out this contour cream. This cream doesn't create the appearance of beautiful skin, but it actually helps your skin by creating collagen. That visibly firms and adds volume to your skin. My natural skin used to be full of life, but I've noticed it quickly forming wrinkles, losing lift, and becoming dull. This product could be a miracle cream, and I wouldn't be surprised coming from the Dr. Jart+ line. This is on the thicker side, and feels like a thick lotion. I rubbed this all over my clean face, and while I didn't notice any firming in my face instantly, it replaced my face lotion. After a few uses, I did notice a small difference in my appearance. I really like this product, and this sample, while small, will last me a while. 



Laura Geller New York Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Tropic Hues

$28.00 - 0.176 oz    ($6.36 Value)

Honestly, I already have this blush, and it is my go to blush. Seriously, I only wear this blush. I like that it looks pretty natural with the multiple colors and the baked feature makes your cheeks glow. Since I already love this product, and I already have it, I think I will just be passing this along to someone else. I don't think I will ever go through the one I have, and I would hate to see this one just sit. I am pretty bummed I didn't get this blush in a different color, because I love the formula so much, but I would like to mix up the color every once in a while. This is a great sample, but unfortunately it's a sample that I just don't think I'll ever use. 


Overall, I am really happy with this box. That volumizing spray is amazing and the Litra could do wonders with my skin. I really like the hand cream even though the scent isn't my favorite, and the micellar water is the perfect solution in cleaning my face quickly while still improving my skin. The only thing I am a little disappointed about is getting the same perfume that I already have. Otherwise, I would have been really happy to receive that blush. It is amazing. This month's box has a value of $25.83. That is pretty normal for Birchbox, and I am completely happy with that amount, because it is more than I paid, and I am really happy with all the items I received. This has been a great month for Birchbox, and I hope they continue. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a perfect gift for yourself or anyone you'd like to treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment