Sunday, April 17, 2016

Ipsy Glambag April 2016 Review - The Dreamers

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag is here for the month of April, and I am really excited to see all the goodies in store for me. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that offers at least five full size and sample size beauty products delivered right to your door for only $10 a month. It also comes in a new makeup bag that goes along with the monthly theme. Also, these items are curated to your profile, so each item will be perfect for you. These bags often have a great value, too, so it's all a win win. 


This month's theme is Dreamers. It is all about dreaming up different looks to all natural and understated to high fashion and ultra-glam. I actually like this theme, because it makes sense. Also, I don't think I would ever create a high fashion or ultra glam look, but I will be happy to create some natural looks. I am not a huge fan of the bag though, nor do I think it goes that well with the theme. It is a little bohemian and colorful, which really isn't my thing, but I will use this for travel and for organizing just like I do with all my other bags. They also make great gift if you fill them up with some products, even some that you don't love from other Ipsy bags. 



tarte cosmetics LipSurgence lip creme in wonder

$24.00 - 0.1 oz    ($13.44 Value)

I know that tarte is quite a popular brand and loved by many, but I've never felt that way. I do like creme lip colors, though, and this red is the perfect color for any day you want to look classic or make a statement. It has a touch of pink in the color, too, so it looks more natural than your typical red. This crayon goes on pretty smoothly, but it is always hard to get a perfect application with these applicators. Also, it left my lips fully moisturized the entire time I was wearing it, which is really important to me. Overall, this is a great sample, and I am happy to throw this color in with my makeup stash. 



Adesse New York Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Irina

$18.00 - 0.37 oz    (Full Size!)

I guess I have been wearing nail polish more often lately, so I can no longer get upset when I receive them. This color is almost lavender, but with a tougher and bluer hue. Also, it is a gel effect nail lacquer, which promises to make your nail polish last much longer and not chip. The main reason I don't wear nail polish that often is because it chips so quickly, and my nails look instantly trashy. I would wear this over and over if it lasted so long. I really like this color, and it is totally my style. I am really happy with this full size polish, and it is a perfect color for spring. 



Luxie Beauty Dreamcatcher Tapered Highlighter Brush 522

$24.00

This brush is the perfect size and volume to hit all those low spots with highlighter. In the past, I would normally use the same brush I just applied bronzer and brush or my fingers, but now that I have this, it will definitely be put to use. These bristles are so soft, and not too tightly packed, so this would create a really nice, natural look for soft application. One thing I really like about Ipsy is that we often get beauty tools included in the boxes, and they are usually brushes I don't even have. I am really happy with this brush, and I can't wait to try it out. Ipsy is definitely killing it this month. 



Starlooks Cream Eye Shadow in Rose Gold

$12.00 - 0.056 oz    (Full Size) 

I've received items from this line before, and I've always thought the products were alright. I don't feel the same way about this eye shadow, though. This shimmer is the perfect amount of color for a soft glam look to dress up your eyes without going too big. Since it is bronze, it also makes my eyes pop and looks great with my skin. Also, when I wear this, I don't have to wear much else because it is a good coverall. I am really happy with this product, and I am so happy it is a full size product. 



pur-lisse Beauty Blue Lotus + White Tea / Seaweed Sheet Masks

$36.00 - 6 sheets    ($12.00 Value)

Yes! More sheet masks! I have always been a face mask person, and when the sheet mask crave hit, I became just as obsessed over it as everyone else. Also, since they are a one use product, I am always happy to receive more and more from all my subscription boxes. These two different, but they are still both for moisture. That is kinda a bummer, since I can just apply face lotion to take care of any dryness. I do like how these make my face glow, though, and I can always see a different in my complexion after using these. I am going to put these away for now and break them out when I need them. I am really happy with these, and can't wait to try them out. 


Overall, I am pretty impressed with this month's bag. I am not a fan of the makeup bag, but it really ends there. I love that nail polish, lip cream, and eye shadow. Also, that brush and those sheets makes will both get use pretty quickly. This month's box has a value of $79.44. That is insane for a box that only costs $10 a month. I can't believe the value, especially since I love so many of these products. After this month being so great, I am excited to see what next month has in store. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new brands and products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment