Sunday, April 17, 2016

Target Beauty Box April 2016 Review - Hello, Sunshine

My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of April, and even though I know exactly what is inside, I am looking forward to checking out all the products. Target Beauty Box is a monthly beauty box that you purchase from Target online and delivers full size and and sample size beauty products for anywhere between $5 and $10 depending on the value of the items inside. Sometimes they have a great value, while other times the items inside aren't worth that much, but I do like trying out different higher end drugstore products. 


I didn't really think that they had themes, but more phrases on their descriptive cards, but I definitely think that they do have a small sort of theme. This month it is "Hello, Sunshine." Spring is here, and the warm weather is setting in. These items will help get you ready for summer and back outdoors to enjoy the weather. These boxes also come with descriptive cards that explain each item. That is helpful for items that I really am not sure what they are or how they work. These cards are always helpful. I can't wait to see what they have in store for me this month.  



Marlowe. No. 022 Body Butter

$9.99 - 8 oz    ($1.25 Value)

This is the first time I have ever heard of this brand, and it looks and feels like a higher end brand, but is actually reasonably priced. For a body butter, it is a little lighter than I expected, but it is still really moisturizing. I am not a fan of the smell, either. I am guessing it doesn't have an added smell to keep it more natural, but this scent is not that great. I reminds me of your generic unscented lotion from the pump that I grew up on. I will use this sample, but I don't think I would ever purchase the full size container. It just isn't cheap enough for a product that I don't love. I am glad I was able to try it out, though. 



Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

$3.59 - 25 ct    ($1.00 Value)

I've been able to sample these wipes before, and I've always been impressed with how well they work. I love watching my makeup wipe right off my face and then see it all on the cloth. It gets rid of everything too. The thing I've never liked about these wipes, or any wipe for that matter, is how they leave a light residue on your face which doesn't feel completely clean. These wipes do work really well, though, and they come in handy when you don't have access to a sink or washcloth. Also, these smaller packs are perfect for keeping the clothes moist until the very last one. The larger packs always dry up for my pretty quickly. 



COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Spellbound

$5.99 - 3.5 g    (Full Size!)

I am really happy to see a full size product, and a lipstick at that, in this month's box. This box is already so cheap, so when a you still receive full size items, that makes me really happy. Unfortunately, this color just isn't for me. It is a bright pink, which isn't something I would ever wear. I do like the color for other people though, and I am sure the formula itself is nice. Also, the packaging is really cute, and it is a great color for Spring, now that you can bring some color back into your wardrobe and back on your face. I will probably just pass this along to a friend, which is a bummer, but I know the boxes can't be perfect for everyone. 



Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport Ultra Light with SPF 30+ Sunscreen Lotion

$7.99 - 8 oz    ($2.00 Value)

Surprisingly, this sunscreen is ultra light, which really makes a difference. One of the things I hate about sunscreen is having a really difficult time rubbing it all in, especially since it is usually hot and sweat. But, this rubs in almost automatically, and it still covers really well. This does smell like every sunscreen ever, though, which I really don't care for. I like to wear sunscreen every day I spend outside, so I don't like smelling like I'm going to the beach. I will probably save this for the beach, though, since it would work perfectly there. Also, it is water resistant!



Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray

$4.99 - 7 oz    ($0.71 Value)

I don't really wear hair spray all that often, so I am never too excited to receive them in my subscription boxes, but this is something new. First of all, I like the refreshing and soft scent of this hairspray. I hate spraying my hair with hairspray that smells like hairspray. This just freshens it up a little. Also, it is really light, and while you can still feel it slightly, it doesn't leave your hair looking wet and heavy. I could use this as a volumizer at my roots or as a light spray when I curl my hair. I really like this hairspray, and I could see myself using a product like this. Plus, this tiny can is perfect for traveling. 



Laneige Water Bank Soothing Gel Mask

$24.00 - 5 ct    ($4.80 Value)

I am a part of the craze and absolutely love sheet masks. This one isn't really a sheet as much as it is a thicker gel blanket for your face. I am really into that, but I am a little bummed with the mask being for moisture. I would much rather just apply face lotion to fix that, and would rather use a face mask to fix bigger imperfections. I do really like this mask, though, and I think this is a nice brand. I've received their moisturizing products in the past, and they work really well. Also, I did notice my complexion to have an extra bit of color and life after using this. Plus, the value really adds to the box. 



CeraVe Healing Ointment

$14.99 - 5 oz    ($0.25 Value)

I already received this sample in another box this month, so CeraVe must be pushing it hard. At first, I was happy with it, but it reminded me of a more expensive Vaseline. But now, I don't think I really care for it. It is a little watery, which is weird for an ointment that is usually used to cure dry skin. Also, it is a little greasy. I really like to use ointment on my cuticles, but I don't want everything I touch to get as greasy as my hands after using this product. I will use it up eventually, and I could even pass this along to my boyfriend or use it on my dogs paws. This was a fun sample to try again, but it just isn't that great.



Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation

$8.99 - 1 fl oz    ($0.15 Value)

While this is only a foil sample, this will last me two uses, and I really enjoy trying out different foundations. Often, I will purchase a full expensive bottle and not really like the formula or the coverage, so it is nice trying out different products. What I really like about this product is how light and airy it is. I hate when I put makeup on my face, and it feels or looks heavy. It did leave my face just a tad greasy, but I just brushed on a light powder to top it all off. I do like this foundation, and this is a pretty good color for my skin. Also, since I do like it, I can use this coupon for two dollars off the full size bottle. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this moth's box. I really enjoyed that sheet mask, and I'm happy to receive more cleansing wipes. I was pretty happy with the body butter, hair spray, and sunscreen, but I probably won't be purchasing the full size item. The lipstick just isn't for me, and the ointment isn't my favorite. But, I did enjoy trying out the foundation. This isn't an exact win, but it isn't a lose either. This month's box has a value of $16.15, which isn't that much, but it is more than I spent, so I guess I am happy with that. I did enjoy this box, but I hope next month is a complete win. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, keep an eye out around the beginning of the month. They sell out quickly, so make sure to buy one right when it goes on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment