Sunday, April 17, 2016

PopSugar Mini Must Have April 2016 Review

Well, my first PopSugar Must Have Mini has arrived, and I am excited to see what this box has to offer. There are some rumors about what this box will offer, but until I see it, I can't really believe it. I've been a PopSugar Must Have subscriber to the full size box for more than a year, and I really do like the box, so I am hoping this will be more of the good. This Mini box is a new monthly subscription that promises to offer at least two full size products to your door for $18.95. The full size box has such a great value, so I am hoping that this box will take after those traits. 


Just like the full size box, the mini gives you an descriptive card that explains each product and gives you a dollar price. I really prefer these in my subscription boxes, because sometimes I don't really know what the product is for or how to use it. Also, it is nice to see how much I would have spent on the item if I purchased it outside of the box. Unlike the full size box, this doesn't come with inspirational words that help them curate the box. I do like those, because it is kinda like a theme, and you can really see where the inspiration came from. But, I guess sense there aren't as many products in this box, it isn't really necessary. 


Farmacy Strawberry Basil Lip Bloom

$16.50 - 0.25 oz

I was really excited about this product at first, but after checking it out a little more, I have become not a fan. This is supposed to smell like strawberry basil, which I was really excited about, but instead it smells like an all natural store. That means that these products are probably all natural, but this isn't something that I would love putting on my lips. Also, the lip moisturizer works well, but it creates an unwanted sheen, which doesn't match my matte lip look. I will use this, but I am not in love with the product as a whole. 




$16.00 - 7 oz 

I do really love candles, and I will burn them all year long, so I am pretty happy with this item in this box. The mellon is really refreshing with a splash of peach and orange zest. To me, it smells just like mellon, which is so refreshing and the perfect scent for spring. While I do really like this candle, it is pretty basic to me, and I feel i could find a similar item in any mall for less than the listed price. At least this is an item that I like and will use up. 


Overall, I am not too impressed with the box. I am a little bummed about the price and the items inside. I could have purchased a candle and a lip moisturizer for less than $19, so that already turns me away. Also, I do like that candle, but I don't really care for the lip bloom, so I really just spend all that money on one candle that isn't even super special. This month's box has a value of $32.50, which isn't much more than I spent. I am not happy with this box, but I will give it a few more chances before I cancel altogether. It may take a time or two to get this box completely right. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have Mini for yourself, just click here. Since it is cheaper than the normal box, it would be a great alternative to give yourself or someone you love a special treat for half the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment