Sunday, April 3, 2016

Target Beauty Box March 2016 Review

My Target Beauty Box has arrived, and pretty quickly too. Target Beauty Boxes now go on sale once a month at the end of the previous month (I bought this in February), so it has almost turned into a monthly subscription. The only thing is, you have to purchase it every single time it goes on sale. They range from $5 to $10, so they are completely affordable, and they offer samples and full size products from lines found at Target. So, they could be really affordable household names or products that are higher end that you've never heard of before. I am really excited to see what brands they have for me this month. 


I've noticed recently that Target Beauty Box now has a theme each month. This month's theme is Vacay Vibes. This is perfect for spring and the very popular spring break that happens this month. Also, since spring happening and summer is right around the corner, you may not be leaving the cold just yet, but you'll be able to use these products pretty quickly. I am excited to see all the spring ready products this box has in store for me. 



Lineage Water Sleeping Mask

$24.00 - 70 ml    ($6.86 Value)

We've received their water face moisturizer in one of their other boxes, which I really liked, so I was excited to see another one of their products in this box. This is just like the water moisturizer, but instead it is a night face mask that you apply before bed and rinse off in the morning. It left a super light layer on my face that was really soft and comfortable, and despite it being a little sticky in some areas, this didn't come off on the pillow or rub off at all through the night. In the morning, I could tell it was still on my face when I washed it off, which felt like I was washing off freshly applied moisturizer. I didn't notice my face to be that much more moisturized, but it didn't feel even slightly dry, so I'm going to say it worked. I will pull this out every time it feels a little dry, and this little jar will last me a while. I am really happy with this sample. 




$3.29 - 10 ml    (Full Size!)

I have seen these everywhere, and I know so many people that have tried them, and since I have only heard great things, I expect this to be good. I really like this single use jar, and it makes for easy application. I know they have a few different types, but I am happy with the revitalization one. My face has been looking really tired and dull lately, so I hope this does the trick. I have yet to try it, since I'm waiting for a time that I want to look my best. Also, if I like it, they are really affordable, and I can get them at target down the road. 




$9.99  each - 17.9 oz    ($0.37 Value)

I've been able to try out a product from this line before, and while it works really well, it smells really natural and grainy. Almost like I'm applying a Trader Joe's to my hair. Again, I like this shampoo and conditioner good enough, but the smell is not my favorite. I liked this sample, but I don't ever think I would purchase the full size bottles. Also, I really wish this were more than just the foil samples, because I like to give it more than one try. Otherwise, the nutrients are great for your hair, so despite the smell, at least you won't lose completely. 




$3.99 - 13.5 oz    ($0.53 Value)

This is another item that I've been able to sample before, and since I really enjoyed it, I am happy to use up another sample. I think I've received like four of these in previous boxes, and a few of them were completely free, so this isn't too excited to receive otherwise. The smell is nice though, like a deep, fruity perfume, and these small samples are perfect for traveling. That could be great if you are going somewhere for spring break and you don't want to bring your large bottles. I will throw this in the shower and use it before date night, or when I want to feel a little romantic. 



$7.11 - 6 oz    ($1.19 Value)

While I wasn't too excited about this product at first, it's new formula makes me very interested in trying it out. Sand is always sticking to my body after applying sunscreen, but this comfort sunscreen will make the sand fall right off your body. I have yet to make it to the beach, but I am really interested in trying this product out. This does have your typical sunscreen smell, but since I'll be wearing it to the beach, I don't really mind. I wish I were going somewhere for spring break so I could try it out, but I will be at the beach soon enough. 




$2.02 - 15 ml    (Full Size!)

I actually have a few Sinful Colors nail polishes in my stash already, and I really like their quality for the price. It isn't the best nail polish, or longest lasting, but the colors are really fun, and it is so affordable. This blueish mint is perfect for spring and reminds me of a clear ocean. I could see myself wearing this on my toenails all spring and summer long. I don't really have a color like this in my collection, so it will be a great addition. This is a fun color, and I am glad I got one that I will actually wear. 




$3.99 - 8 oz    ($0.50 Value)

This is a completely new line at Target, so I am excited to give it a try. The lotion is on the thicker side, which I prefer with any product I use on my arms, legs, and feet. I feel like it works really well, and it leaves my normally dry legs, elbows, and feet completely comfortable and moisturized. The grapefruit scent is real, but more creamy smelling than hard citrus, and it isn't too overpowering. I love this lotion, and I wish it were a larger sample. I will have to pick some more up the next time I'm at Target. 




$2.99 - 2 oz    (Full Size!)

I am already a big fan of Not Your Mother's brand, and Sea Salt Texturing spray is my go to hair styling item after dry shampoo. I like that this is on the lighter side, because sometimes they make my hair look damp and weighs it down a little. I also like that I can apply this when my hair is wet and scrunch it up a little, or I can apply this to dry hair to give it a little more texture. I really like this spray, and it is such a good price. Plus, this is a full size bottle, which is on the smaller size, but since you don't need a lot, this will last forever. I am really happy with this product, and it may even be my favorite of the box. 


Overall, I am really happy with this box. It was really cheap and included a wide variety of products and brands. There wasn't really a makeup item, but since I receive plenty of other beauty subscription boxes, this doesn't bother me. I love the moisture mask, the sea salt spray, and body lotion. The nail polish is great, the shampoo and conditioner were fun to try, and the body lotion is very practical too. I am really excited to try out the sunscreen and face mask when I need them. This month's box has a value of $17.75. That isn't too exciting, but the samples are worth more than the value to me. They were all fun to try, and I've found some new gems. I can't wait to see what new products Target has in store for me next month. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box keep an eye out for the next sale date. They sell out quickly, so you have to scoop one out right when they go on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment