Sunday, April 3, 2016

Walmart Beauty Box Spring 2016 Review

My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for the Spring season and I am excited to see what is in store for me. Walmart Beauty box is a seasonally subscription box that delivers samples and some full size items to your door for only $5 a box. They are mostly all drug store brands, but I enjoy that, since it is nice to try out cheaper items that work really well. Also, this box is so affordable, and the value is always much better than the price, so why wouldn't you just try it out. Also, since there aren't any spoilers, I have no idea what is inside, so it is always a nice surprise. 


The boxes don't really come with an itemized card or a theme, except that it is spring, which is a real bummer. Sometimes I really don't know what the item is or how it is used, so a description would be nice. Also, if I really like the an item, it would be nice to see how much it costs. But, since they are pretty basic items, there isn't really any confusion most of the time, and I can always go online if I want to read into it a little more. 



Colgate Optic White Platinum Express White Fresh Mint Toothpaste

$3.96 - 3 oz    ($1.91 Value)

I love whitening toothpaste, especially since my teeth tend to darken from all that coffee I drink. This product promises to whiten your teeth after three days of use, since I use toothpaste every single day (obviously) I am sure I will see results. Also, after using this just once, my teeth feel completely clean. This isn't a full size tube, but it is a pretty good size, so this will last quite a few uses. It would also be perfect for traveling. I hate when travel samples aren't that big, and I need to bring a few for an extended trip or when multiple people are using it. This would be the perfect size.



John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter Subtle Lightening Shampoo

$8.97 - 8.3 fl oz    ($2.16 Value)

I do have blonde hair, so this isn't the perfect item for me, but I have used their Brilliant Blonde shampoo before, and it is one of my favorites. I guess I could use this, since it is brightening, and it helps my hair glow, which I am all about. Also, this product smells so good, and I love smelling it in my hair all day long. After one use, I did like the extra texture in my hair, and it did seem to be just a tad brighter. I won't purchase this after I use this one up, because I'm not a brunette, but this is a higher end product, and I am happy to see it in this box. 

 


Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer for Fair to Medium Skin Tones

$11.37 - 10 fl oz    ($2.27 Value)

I am all about using lotion to create a nice, subtle tan, especially since my skin is so fair and I don't want to damage my skin by the sun. I am always worried about tanning lotion, because sometimes it makes your skin orange, and you can't touch anything as it dries. This product is more like a lotion with the benefits of a natural looking tan. Also, since it is gradual, you don't have to worry about it applying evenly. I do also like that after one application your skin appears to glow. I think this is the perfect lotion to apply to my legs for the first few times they see the sun. That way I won't be embarrassed by how white they are now that the weather is heating up. 



Biore Baking Soda Pre Cleanser

$6.12 - 6.77 fl oz    ($0.90 Value)

I am a huge fan of face scrubs, and this one is supposed to clean out your pores while gently exfoliating. Also, it smells super refreshing, so my face not only looks and feels clean, but it smells clean too. This scrub is a little soapy, but not too much, and the scrubbing beads are noticeable, but not gritty where it is a little painful. I really like this face scrub, and I can see myself purchasing this in the future. Also, this sample is pretty large, so this will last me at least a month. I really like their baking soda products after all those dark charcoal products that don't work that well for me. 



Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Pink Grapefruit

$6.62 - 0.08 oz    (Full Size!)

This lip color doesn't only look great with my skin tone, but it also moisturizes and heals them over time. It is packed with natural fruit extracts and mango, which replenishes and conditions. I have always been a fan of neutrogena, but I believe this is the first lip product of theirs that I've owned, and I am pretty impressed. The only problem with moisturizing lip stick is that they tend to not stay in place. That is not ideal when you wear a darker shade and especially when you don't have access to mirrors the clean it up. Also it's not very long lasting. I think I would prefer this product in a more natural color, but I will be happy to use this. It is also a great color for spring. 



CeraVe Healing Ointment


$20.87 - 12 oz    ($0.15 Value)

This reminds me of vaseline, and it does a lot of the same things. This product promises to protect and soothe dry, cracked, and chafed skin. I think this is the perfect ointment for elbows, dry cuticles, and lips. It is a little greasy, but I think this would be ideal to apply before bedtime or while moisturizing the rest of your body. This tiny bottle is perfect for throwing in my purse to apply when I really need it, or to keep by my bedside for when I need to apply in the middle of the night. I like this sample, but I honestly wouldn't buy this over a cheap bottle of vaseline.

Vera Wang Embrace Periwinkle & Iris Eau de Toilette Spray

$28.32 - 1 fl oz    ($1.13 Value)

Unlike many people, I really enjoy receiving perfume samples in my subscription boxes. I really enjoy trying out new scents, and I am always looking for something that is perfect for me. Also, I like to switch up my perfume with my mood and to match what I am doing. This particular scent isn't my favorite, and I am not a fan of the powdery, clean scents. It kinda reminds me of an older lady perfume. I did notice that Vera Wang has an array of different scents, so I would be interested trying some of those out. The green tea and pear is the most alluring. This isn't really for me, but I will throw it in with the other scents I have and wear it once in a while. 



Burt's Bees BB Cream in Light/Medium

$15.00 - 1.7 oz    ($0.26 Value)

I am already a huge fan of the Burt's Bees brand, and their products are always high quality. Also, since they are mostly all natural, you can feel good using them, and you also know that you are rubbing chemicals into your skin. This BB cream is the perfect replacement of your normal foundation, and even though there are three colors to chose from, this light/medium is the perfect color for me. I am really impressed with the coverage, and you have to use a lot less than the normal foundation for complete coverage. This is probably my favorite sample out of the group, and unfortunately, it is the smallest one. I have a full bottle of foundation right now, but I will happily purchase this once I need it again. 


Overall, I am really happy with this season's Walmart Beauty Box. I enjoyed all of these samples, except the perfume, and they will all get used up, especially since they are all so practical. Also, I think these products are a little higher end than I am used to from this box. This box has a value of $15.40. I am really happy with that value, especially since it only cost $5. The moisturizing lipstick is worth more than I paid all by itself. I hope they keep getting better, and I really can't wait to see what they have in the summer box. We will see in three months. 


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here. I really like how practical the items are, and it is super affordable. 

1 comment:

  1. Can look at my blog to see nutritional facts of healthy food at Walmart, and other grocery stores. http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete