Sunday, April 17, 2016

BoxyCharm April 2016 Review - Cloudy With a Chance of Charms

Yea! My BoxyCharm is here for the month of April, and I am pretty excited about that. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four full size beauty items to your door for the price of $21. The value of the box is always over $100, so you always get a great value. Also, the products are high end, so you get to try out so many new brands every month. I can't wait to see what this month has in store for me. 


This month's theme is Cloudy with a Chance of Charms. I really love this theme, because April is so rainy, and sometimes you need something to brighten things up after so many grey clouds. I hope these items will be the perfect items to get my body and mind ready for spring, but also get me through these rainy days. Let's see if it reaches my expectations. 



Pur-lisse Daily Lip Nourisher

$16.00 - 0.38 oz

This lip nourishing moisturizer is enriched with mango and shea butter, jojoba, and rice bran oils, which is a natural way to hydrate and seal it all in. I am a huge fan of Pur-lisse, and this reminds me of the lip gel I used to wear as a kid. I usually like lip moisturizers in stick form, but this moisturizing tube is great. It fully moisturizes and leaves my lips soft and brings them back to life. This doesn't last as long as I'd hope, though, and I have to reapply quite often. I am really happy with this product, though, and will use it until it is gone. You did it again, Pur-lisse. 



$26.00 - 0.16 fl oz

We received one of their mascaras in a previous box, and it was a little different, but I was still happy with the product overall. This lash primer gets your lashes ready for mascara, which is something I always do anyways, but usually with another mascara. This lash primer works really well, and when layering on top, my lashes are longer and fuller than ever. Also, you could just wear this alone if you wanted. It basically works just as well as your typical mascara. I like this product, and I would be happy to try everything from their entire line. 




$24.00 - 2 oz

This lotion smells like summer in the city, so it really has the perfect name. It has a mixture of bergamot, citrus, white jasmine, and musk, which creates the perfect concoction for an early summer time scent. I lotion resembles a whipped cream, which is also perfect for this warmer month. I hate thick creams in the summer, and it is right around the corner. I really do like this hand cream, but it isn't something I would ever spend that much money for. It is nice, but not amazing, and the tube isn't even filled to the brim. I will use this up, obviously, and I will be happy to do so. I think I will bring it into the office and break it out every time I want to feel like I'm on vacation. 



$23.00

At first, I wasn't too excited about this product or this color, but after trying it out, I am in love. This brown is usually too dark for my skin, but it is a great color for a smokey effect. To add to the color, there are multicolored speckles blended within to give your eyeshadow a party effect. I saw someone's makeup recently that looked like a disco ball on your eyes, and I wanted to give it a try, and this eye shadow is a great way to resemble that look. I will be wearing this every weekend when I go out, and since it is full size, I know it will never run out. This is a big win after I though it was going to be a fail. 




$19.90 - 0.27 fl oz

Out of every item in this month's box, this is the one that I don't like, nor would I ever use. I do like the Ofra brand, but liquid lipstick is way too heavy for me, and this color just isn't my style. I do think it is funny it is named Pasadena, which is a fancier suburb of LA, and I could totally see women there wearing this color. I might have tried this out in a different color, but after clicking through them all, they are all a little out there. I think this would be the perfect product for anyone who likes to go a little extreme in their lip color, but unfortunately, that isn't for me. I will probably just pass this along to a friend or a sister. Maybe even my mom!


Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. I really love that lash primer and the lip moisturizer. The hand cream and eyeshadow are both really nice too. I will use all of those products up quickly. Like I said before, that liquid lipstick just isn't for me, but I am alright with one item not being perfect for me. This month's box has a value of $108.90. That is pretty crazy for a box that only costs $21. I don't know how they do it over and over again. I don't think I will ever cancel my BoxyCharm since I am always a fan of most of the products, and value is out of this world. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new brands and products at a very reasonable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment