Saturday, July 9, 2016

Target Men's Beauty Box Summer 2016 Review - Looking Good

Every once in a while, Target will put out a Men's box along with their Women's Beauty Box. Usually, there is one every year for father's day, and one for the holidays in December. I always swoop these up, because it is fun to have my boyfriend receive a subscription box every once in a while too, and these travel size bottles are perfect for just that, traveling! These run between $5 and $10, depending on the value of the box, but this one was only $5. That is well worth the cost for the travel items along, and he also gets to check out fun and new products that are new on the shelves. 


One thing that is newer for Target Beauty Boxes is the theme. This month's theme is "Looking Good." My boyfriend doesn't really care what he looks like most of the time, but when he goes out his way to clean himself up, he really prides himself. This theme is great, and I hope there are a lot of different products that will help him get excited about his own routine and not only looking, but feeling good. Also, these cards describe all the products, so you know what is special, and they come with a $3 off coupon when you spend $15 at Target on full size products. I've never used these, but they are great if you do end up spending money on these new discoveries. 



Nautical Life Cologne

$34.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($0.80 Value)

This cologne is supposed to smell like ginger, but instead it is so much better. To me, this is the perfect scent for someone that doesn't wear a whole lot of cologne. My boyfriend was pretty excited to wear this, and wore it the first time he had a chance. He says it is light and refreshing, so it was perfect to wear to a summer, outdoor wedding. I smelled him all night long, and it he definitely smelled good without being too overpowering. I really like this scent, and if he wore cologne more, I would totally purchase this for him. 



got2B Glued Styling Spiking Glue

$4.19 - 6 oz    ($0.87 Value)

I don't think my boyfriend would ever purchase this product on his own, because the packaging suggests using this with a much more extreme do. But, he was pretty excited to try this one out. He likes to use gel every once in a while for those more dressed up events, and chose to wear this for a bigger event. That might have been a mistake, since he prefers a lighter hold, and this made his hair crispy. It was a super strong hold, though, so this product may be perfect for your man. I don't think he will purchase this in the future, but it will eventually all get used. 




Marlowe No. 142 Men's Shave Gel 

$7.99 - 6 oz    ($1.33 Value)

This is such a nice brand at a pretty great price, so I am really excited to see this in the men's box. I've been purchasing nicer shave gel for my boyfriend for a while now, and I think he really enjoys trying out these nicer products that helps bring out his best skin. He did love that this product was ultra moisturizing, but unfortunately, he thought it was just a little too watery and much prefers a creamier product or a heavier foaming gel. This is another product that he will not purchase, but he will definitely use up quickly enough. That is a little bit of a bummer. 




Axe White Label Night Body Wash

$3.99 - 16 oz    ($0.42 Value)

My boyfriend already uses Axe body wash, but he has never tried this new white label series. This was a complete win for him, and I think his favorite discovery from the entire box. The smell is very masculine and clean, but not too overpowering. Also, the white bottle with the purple gel looks pretty cool too. Unfortunately, this did spill a little in the box, but most of the product stayed inside, and there are plenty of uses within. I think he plans on keeping this only for travel, since we will by flying quite a bit the rest of the year, but I could see him purchasing the full size product the next time he needs some body wash. 




Dove Men+Care Complete Care 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner

$3.99 - 12 oz    ($0.60 Value)

This is another brand that my boyfriend already uses and loves, and the two in one option is perfect for my boyfriend's quick grooming routine. This also has a nice masculine and clean scent, that again isn't too overpowering. I am a fan of the Dove brand, so it is nice to see my boyfriend be a fan too. This doesn't really have too big of a value, but since these tiny, travel bottles go for about $2 in store, it is nice to get one at a much discounted price. Also, these are refillable, so this tiny bottle can go along with us forever. 



NIVEA Men Creme

$5.49 - 5.3 oz    ($1.04 Value)

This thick cream is for use on your face, body, and hands, and I think this multipurpose product is perfect for the man in mind. I have lotion for body, hands, feet, and face, but that is way too much for the average man who doesn't want to spend that much time on himself, but would rather have one product to do the entire job. This has the perfect amount of moisture with medium cream. Also, it smells pretty nice for lotion, but doesn't have a cologne scent. I like this product, and I will totally purchase this for him in the future. 




Schick Hydro 5 Men's Razor

$9.49 - 1 handle, 2 razors    ($4.75 Value)

Razors are always super expensive, so seeing one in this box justifies the cost of the box alone. This Hydro 5 has been advertised everywhere lately, so I am excited for him to try it out. He gave this a shot, and while it did give a super close shave, he didn't notice anything special about it. This is definitely a nicer razor, but it isn't the best thing he's ever tried. But, since it is a pretty good price, I could totally see him purchasing this again. This will last quite a few shaves, so I know he will get good use out of it. 



CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar

$4.99 - 4.5 oz    ($1.11 Value)

To me, this is just a bar of soap, and something I would never use, but my boyfriend is a big fan of a bar instead of gel all the time, so I know he will definitely use this. I personally really like this brand, so it is fun to have my boyfriend try out this product. Again, this wasn't anything special, but it definitely did the job. He did have a little dryer skin than with his cream body wash, but nothing a little lotion wouldn't fix. This is a fun size bar, and would be perfect for travel, but he decided to leave it at home in the shower. That way he can use up every last drop. 




Remington Beard Boss Beard Oil

$14.99 - 1 fl oz    ($1.37 Value)

Manscaping has changed from plucking eyebrows and filing nails to taking care or facial hair in a new way. This beard oil will keep that scratchy beard hydrated and shiny, but also fully moisturized. My boyfriend doesn't keep that big of a beard, so this product isn't something that he will get a lot of use out of. It does smell good though, and this is the perfect size for him if he ever were to grow out a beard. This is a fun product for the new age man, and it is super fun to see it in the Target Men's box. 




Old Spice Hardest Working Odor Blocker Pure Sport Plus Deodorant

$5.49 - 2.6 oz    ($1.25 Value)

My boyfriend loves this brand, and usually only uses this deodorant. He has not tried this new hardest working collection, and it is perfect for summer when the heat is on. It does work really well, and the gel is perfect for wearing with bare arms. I also think it smells great, and I didn't mind being too close to his pits all day. One thing he didn't like about the gel is the way it feels wet under your arms and almost makes him sweat more. So, he probably won't purchase it again, but he will definitely use this up, and its a great size for travel. 



Overall, my boyfriend really enjoyed this box and found it to be very useful. He really likes all the travel size products, which will definitely be necessary coming this fall. He really enjoyed the shampoo, body wash, shave cream, and hair gel. The body cream, bar soap, and deodorant, cologne, and razor were alright, but he won't buy them again. The bear oil isn't really useful for him right now, since he doesn't have a beard at the moment. This box has a value of $13.54. That isn't bad for a box that costs $5, and since he will use everything but the beard oil, I am really happy with this price. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, you have to pay attention to when they go on sale. I've noticed a trend of them going on sale the first Monday of the month, so start checking around then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment