Sunday, September 3, 2017

Birchbox August 2017 Review - Easy Does It

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of August, and since it is the last month of summer, I am hoping for some products that will help me enjoy these last drops but also get me ready for fall. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five samples and sometimes full size items of beauty samples around a monthly theme. They offer a wide variety of items and brands, and I always find products that I love. Birchbox is one of my favorite boxes, because they tend to understand my style and preferences the best, so I am always excited when one arrives. 


This month's theme is "Easy Does it." There is something so relaxing about summer, and I get the most rest during these easy going months. While August tends to be a time we start ramping up for fall, there are still some great long weekends to enjoy lounging by the pool, hanging out with some fruity cocktails, or chilling at a BBQ. These products will help you with a simply routine to enjoy the last of summer. 



Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

$32.00 - 6.7 fl oz    ($4.78 Value)

One thing I always keep around is conditioning spray, and this one will definitely do the trick. This one will do more than just make your hair combable. Its ingredients will help protect color (natural or dyed) and will also protect against heat damage and UV rays as well. I love a product that I can use for one thing and will keep working throughout the day. I love the light scent of this product and a few sprays made my newly washed hair super silky. I love this sample, and I will be using this daily for the next month or so. 



Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Perla

$22.00 - 0.1 oz    ($11.00 Value)

I loved this item so much, I actually already own it. Stila has the best liquid lipsticks, because they are hydrating, they last forever, and the colors are so beautiful. I normally don't care to much for liquid lipsticks, because they dry out my lips and look unnatural, but formula is unlike any other. This soft rosy pink is just my style. I love how it looks natural with a nineties touch, and you can dress it up or down. I like to wear this for brunch with my girlfriends or with a cute sundress. I think it's great that Birchbox knows me so well that they get me something I already own. I will probably keep this one in my purse, while the other can stay at home. 




Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream

$32.00 - 1.35 fl oz    ($11.85 Value)

I love receiving facial moisturizers in my subscription boxes, because they are normally so expensive and these samples let me try out new products at a great price. This product from Avene is super lightweight, which is perfect for this summer heat, but it still super nourishing and hydrating. Also, the ingredients help it deliver long lasting hydration. I really like this face moisturizer, and it works great underneath makeup as well. 




TokyoMilk Eau De Parfum in Dead Sexy

$30.00 - 1 oz    ($1.50 Value)

Unlike most subscribers, I enjoy receiving perfumes in my subscription boxes. I like mixing up what I wear to the season, the event, and my mood. This perfume is one of many scents in the TokyoMilk collection. Named "Dead Sexy," this perfume has notes of deep vanilla, white orchid, ebony, and exotic wood. This scent is super sexy and deep, which is why I wouldn't exactly wear this in the dead of summer. No pun intended. Personally, I would wear this during those mid fall months, and it would be especially perfect for a scary movie in the park or Halloween night. While it may not be perfect to wear right now, I will be excited to wear this during my favorite month of the year.  



GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment

$69.00 - 1.7 oz    ($9.74 Value)

I love mud masks, but they dry out my skin so badly. This one actually moisturizes as it purifies the skin. With ingredients like honey and ginger root, this mask with leave your skin radiant and nourished. While many critics aren't in love with GLAMGLOW, their products always work great on my skin. Also, it works quickly, only 10 or 20 minutes, so this is ideal even for the busy woman. This was my sample choice, and I am really glad I picked this product out. It is all I need to get my skin looking great. 




Overall, this month's box is really great! I enjoy every single item, and will easily incorporate all of these items into my routine. The two face products are a great value, and I already notice their great effects on my skin. The hair conditioner is also amazing, and it will help protect my hair from the summer sun. I even love having an extra lipstick at my disposal. The perfume is the only item I am not loving, and it is really just for the season. I will be wearing it throughout the month of October. This month's box has a value of $38.87. That is pretty great for a $10 box, especially since I love all of the items. This month was great so I can't wait to see what they have in store for me next month. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment