Saturday, July 9, 2016

Avenue A Summer 2016 Review - Morgan Brian

OMG! My first Avenue A subscription box has arrived for the summer season, and I am so stoked. Avenue A is a brand new subscription box by Adidas that delivers fitness gear specially curated by a celebrity stylist once every quarter. It is a little pricey at $150 per box, but the value was more than double for the first box, and I definitely see that trending for a while. I’ve been wanting a fitness gear subscription box for a while, and since I know everything in this box will be high quality and name brand, this is perfect for me. Also, it only ships quarterly, so you’re not over splurging, nor are you receiving too much at once. I cannot wait to dig inside.


First off, this box is huge and definitely the largest subscription box I’ve received to date. This must mean there are some shoes inside? Or, possibly some workout equipment? The box wrapping looks really nice, and I like the athletic vibe. Also, it has a divider, so everything isn’t floating around inside when it’s delivered. Popsugar could learn a thing or two from them. Another thing I am enjoying is the information card. Not only does it describe each item, but the curated wrote a little note about her selections. This is missing an item, and there aren’t prices, so there is a little room for improvement. It does go into great detail with the items that are listed, though.



Adidas Edge Luxe Bounce Women's Running Shoe

$85.00

Yes! We received a pair of shoes in this month’s box! And, a pair that is definitely growing on me. At first I wasn’t too sure about them, but I’ve already fallen in love with those chunky laces and the sleek look. Also, these are so comfortable and super light. I’ve used them for running and my P90X video, and while they do have a good amount of coverage for cross fit, these made the perfect running shoe. I’d also throw these on for running errands or walking the dog. Plus, they look good with jeans, so I could wear them as an everyday sneaker. These shoes are great, and I am so happy they are a part of this box. Also, what a great value. Brand new shoes on top of the Fit Smart, how is this box going to get any better!



Adidas Adilette Cloudfoam Ultra Women's Training Slides

$35.00

I am shocked, not only did they include a pair of running shoes, but also threw in a pair of sandals. I can’t think of a better product for their Summer box. These sandals are perfect for slipping on to go to the gym or to the soccer/baseball field before transferring over to your regular workout shoe, or for slipping on to run outside. Also, they are so comfortable. I actually already own a pair of Adidas slides, but these are way cuter and higher quality. I am not in love with the pink, but since I will wear them more casually, and not really as a statement shoe, that doesn’t really matter. I’ve already gotten quite a few uses out of these, and keep them right by the door. It’s hard to say so far, but these may be my favorite item in the box.



Adidas miCoach Fit Smart Training Watch in White

$130.00

At first, I was so excited about this fitness watch. I have been wanting one for a while, because it is a great way to stay on track, but also a great way to make the most of each workout. I didn’t necessarily want one for just normal day use, but if it were slim enough, I would be willing to wear it all day to get the most accurate calorie burn and most likely try to burn more calories in a day. This, unfortunately, is huge. My wrists are already small, and this things is like a cuff. It does come with great features like a heart rate monitor, step counter, and Bluetooth capabilities, but I would not be willing to wear this all day, every day. Also, the battery dies in less than 24 hours. I think this watch would be great for someone that is trying to maximize their workouts or training for a marathon, but for the basic user, this is just too much. It is a great value, though, and pays for the box alone.



Adidas Women's Running Supernova Tank 

$40.00

Wow! This is yet another item that I love. This tank fits perfectly, is super high quality, and has breathable fabric. Also, since it is summer, I am always burning up during my workouts, so I was in need of another tank. Since it is white, the heat bounces right off, but that also means you can see dirt and stains pretty easily, which for me, come easily while working out. I took this hiking, and the white has already lost it’s luster. While that kind of sucks, the design is great, since it is multi functioning. The symbol and the stripes are reflective, so cars can see you in the dark. I am really enjoying this tank, and I really don’t have a nicer one in my collection. I am going to try to wear it less in dirty environment, though, since I’d like to keep it white for a while longer.



Adidas Women's M10 Running Shorts

$32.00

What better workout bottom than some light and airy running shorts, so once again, they nailed it on the head by curating the perfect products for summer. While the design is darker, it is still a great pattern, and the material itself will keep you cool. Plus, these shorts look great with the tank and either of the shoes. I know we all like to coordinate with our workout outfits. Unfortunately, I prefer to workout in spandex, since they move around less, and I don’t have to keep pulling them down, so this isn’t the perfect product for me, but I know most of the other subscribers will love these. I also ordered a large, since I have a larger bottom than top, but these were just a little too big. I might have to exchange for a smaller size, but at the same time, I don’t want them to be too small. These are a great addition to the box, but I probably won’t get much use out of them.



Adidas Women's Yoga Freestyle Hairband

$16.00

 The last product in the box isn’t listed on the info card, so I am guessing it’s an extra gift. This headband isn’t my favorite, and probably the item I will use least out of this box, but it is still really high quality, and it has a great pattern. It has a non-slip band on the inside, so it will definitely stay in place, and since it is wider, it will keep all of those flyaways out of your face.  I am also really enjoying the logo on the front. My hair stays in place pretty well, so I don’t really wear hair bands, but I could see myself using this at night while washing my face or even saving it and gifting to a friend. I am glad that this is considered an extra, because it would be a bummer if this were a high ticket item, since it’s my least favorite of the entire box.


This was my first Avenue A box, and I can’t see how it could get any better than this. I am in love with those running shoes, sandals, and tank top, and that Fit Smart tracker is a great workout addition, and what a value. The shorts are nice and will be used, but the hair band just isn’t for me. That is alright, though, and I am pretty lucky there is only one item in this entire box that I don’t really like. Overall, this box has a value of $338.00, which is absolutely insane. This is a more expensive box, but since the value is so high, it is completely worth it to me. And, the curation of products were spot on for summer. I am going to keep this box going for at least another season, and I really can’t wait to see what fall has in store. I am hoping for some long leggings and maybe a sweatshirt. Something to keep me warm during those evening runs.


If you would like to try Avenue A for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift to yourself or the athlete in your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment