Sunday, July 10, 2016

Birchbox July 2016 Review - My Morning Routine

Yes! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of July, and I am pretty stoked to see what is inside. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five sample size and sometimes full size beauty products to your door curated to your profile. Also, you can review your samples for points to spend in their online store. I think Birchbox knows me the best out of all my subscription boxes and always delivers products that I absolutely love and become a part of my normal beauty routine. I can't wait to see what this month has in store for me. 


This month's theme is My Morning Routine. The products in this month's box will help us all get ready in the morning, rather it be great everyday products or those products that will help us transform our faces in a jiffy. I really like this theme, because I am always hitting the snooze, so I am hoping for products that will speed up my routine, but some others that will be once in a while products to really give my look a fun change. This box is really cute, too, and I can't wait to incorporate it into my morning routine. 



$12.00 - 0.09 oz    (Full Size!)

I love it when I receive full size products from Birchbox, first of all, and I've absolutely loved every single product they've sent me from their lines. This lip gloss pencil is a great color, and perfect for a summer pop, but it isn't something I'd be willing to wear all the time. The lip color itself isn't super long lasting, but it still stays put in a while, and I am pretty impressed with the moisture, and how it doesn't dry out my lips. I really like this product, and will definitely have to break it out once in a while to complete my morning routine. I think it will be the best pop of color to brighten my face, especially with a summer tan. 



$80.00 - 1.7 oz    ($2.82 Value)

To be honest, I already own this perfume, so this sample isn't something that I'm super excited about, but I do love this scent, so at least I will use it. I am thinking this may be perfect for taking with me on trips, or even throwing in my purse for some freshening up or splashing on before meeting up with friends. This perfume has notes of mandarin, grapefruit, pear, orange blossom, jasmine, and gardenia. I love how the citrus mixes with the flower to create the perfect light, summer scent. I find myself wearing this to Sunday brunch or the neighborhood farmer's market. To me, it smells like an easy weekend summer day. Birchbox nailed it with this one. 



$58.00 - 2 oz    ($7.25 Value)

This is yet another product I've owned before receiving it in my Birchbox, but since I love this brand and the product, I am happy to have a sample size to use for travel. This pore dermabrasion works serious magic and cleans my pores so well. Also, it leaves the rest of my face feeling completely clean. I don't love those little beads, because they are always hard to remove completely from my face, but I've learned to use this product in the shower instead of at the sink. This is a great addition, and even it I didn't discover it from Birchbox, they nailed it on the head once again with finding me a product I love. Also, this is great addition to your morning routine.




$14.00 -  0.28 oz    ($7.50 Value)

For our sample choice this month, we were given the option to sample one of three mascaras, and since this is the only one I haven't already tried, I had to go with this mascara. I am pretty excited about it, too. This formula and brush will give your lashes major extension and crazy curl for the falsie look. Also, it is hypoallergenic and won't leave clumps or flakes. I am pretty impressed with this product, and it does everything it claims. I usually like to layer my mascaras, but with this, it is absolutely not necessary. Plus, it curls as good as a curling wand. I am really impressed with this product, and it is also a great price. I could see myself purchasing this in the future. It is definitely a major part of my morning routine. 




$36.00 - 1.7 oz    ($7.20 Value)

This is a product that is so fitting for the theme, the month, and for me. I try to wear SPF every single day, but sometimes it is just too much layering for my face, and I don't want to apply to freshly applied makeup. Also, I've been wearing setting sprays more and more often lately, as the summer heat makes my makeup melt away. Since this product is a two in one, it takes a step out of my morning routine, but it also makes sure I am protected from the sun. I absolutely love this product, but since it is a little expensive, I probably won't purchase it in the future, but I will cherish every last drop of this sample. What a great product, and how freaking perfect. 


Overall, this is one of the best boxes I've ever received. I absolutely love setting spray, mascara, face wash, and perfume. I probably won't wear that lip pencil that often, because the color is a little bolder then what I normally pick for my lips, but the color is beautiful, and the product is really great quality. That is amazing to be my worst complaint out of all these product. I also like the theme, and all of the products fit perfectly. This month's box has a value of $36.77. I am really happy with that amount, and that is pretty high for Birchbox. This subscription always does a great job of finding products I love at a great value, but once in a while, they blow it out of the water. I hope they keep this up.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is my favorite subscription box of them all, and at the price, it is the perfect gift to yourself or anyone you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment