Saturday, July 16, 2016

Target Beauty Box July 2016 Review - Fresh & Fabulous

Yea! My Target Beuaty Box has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to try out all of the products inside. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription, but a monthly box you order individually from Target the delivers full size and sample size beauty products that are sold in store. They range from $5 to $10 depending on their value, and usually have a value around $20. Sometimes they offer multiple boxes, and once in a while they even offer a Men’s box. I have really enjoyed my Target Beauty Boxes, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me this month.


This month, Target actually sent out two boxes with different themes. This box’s theme is Fresh & Fabulous. It is all about staying fresh and fabulous during these hot summer nights. Also, these products will help you freshen up after a long day in the heat. I am hoping for some cooling products and possibly a hard working body wash. Along with each box, Target comes with a descriptive card detailing all the products inside and a coupon for $3 off $15 spent at Target on beauty products. There are great to use on anything that you absolutely love and want to stock up or a full size product of a small sample. 



Tom's of Maine Peppermint Antiplaque & Whitening Toothpaste

$3.99 - 4.7 oz    ($0.85 Value)

I know of this brand from their Deodorant, which doesn't work that well, so I've never really given this product a chance. This product is all natural, which is great for something you put in your mouth. I noticed that it doesn't work as great as a my normal whitening toothpaste, but it does work pretty well. I may use this as my morning toothpaste, and use the stronger one at night to balance it out, or I will use it for travel. I love receiving these smaller items for those times that I don't want to pack up my full size products for a weekend trip. This is a good product that I will definitely use, but I won't purchase this full size product. 




Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo & Conditioner

$4.99 - 8.45 oz    ($1.18 Value)

I've tried Dove shampoo and conditioner before, but I've never tried this regenerative formula before.This creamy shampoo & conditioner smells refreshing, and the light formula doesn't weigh down your hair. These will help replenish and protect damaged hair. The sun and salt water has already done a lot of damage to my locks, so this product is perfect for summer. I think it cleaned really well, and my hair felt stronger after even one use. I like this shampoo and conditioner, and I will definitely use these up while traveling, if I can even wait. These might be going into my shower right away. 



Garnier SKINACTIVE Clearly Brighter Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

$14.99 - 2.5 fl oz    ($6.00 Value)

I wear face lotion every single day, and during the summer, it is nice to have SPF included so I don't have to layer products. I've actually tried this product already before, and I think it is a great lotion for a day in the sun. It does have the texture and light smell of a SPF, so I wouldn't exactly want to use this every day, but I think this is perfect for heavy sun days. I've been using this product a lot on the weekends weather it be going to brunch, golfing, or a day at the beach. I really like this product, and this sample will last forever. It is a perfect way to keep fresh during the summer. 



Sweet Spot On-the-Go Wipettes

$2.99 - 7 wipes    ($1.28 Value)

This is the first time I've heard of this product and brand, but I am excited to try these out. These refreshing wipes are for your lady parts when you want to freshen up. The hot summer heat can leave you sweaty, so these wipes will definitely come in handy. I will definitely keep one of these in my purse for when I need keep things fresh, or even in the bathroom. These are a cleaver new product, and even though they aren't glamorous, I am happy to see Target include them in their beauty box. 




Umberto Beverly Hills Lifting Powder 

$11.99 - 0.16 oz    (Full Size!)

This is another product and brand that I've never heard of, but I am really excited to try. I have really greasy and flat hair, so this will help lift and soak up moisture. This product does have a strange texture, but it does help lift my hair where it needs it most. Also, this is completely unscented, which is a nice change. I'd rather it not have a scent at all than smell like try shampoo. Also, this is a full size product. The bottle feels really light, but the product is basically powder, so it makes since that it doesn't have much weight. I am glad I was able to try this out, and I will definitely get a lot of use out of this product. It is absolutely perfect for me. 



NYX Butter Lipstick in Moonlit Night

$5.99 - 0.16 oz    (Full Size!)

I love this brand, and I actually own this lipstick in a different color, but this color is just not for me. Knowing from the color that I absolutely love, the lipstick is moisturizing and has great pigmentation. Also, it is a great product for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, this color reminds me fall, and isn't something that I would wear during these hot summer months. Also, I don't think I could ever go this dark on my lips to begin with. This is a cool color, though, and I could see some girls rocking it. I will pass this along to a friend or sister, since I would never use it, but it still is a great addition to the box. 



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's Target Beauty Box. I really like that lifting powder, shampoo and conditioner, face lotion, and personal wipes. The toothpaste isn't my favorite, but it will definitely go to use. The lipstick is the only thing I'm not a fan of, but that is only because the color just isn't for me. This month's box has a value of $27.29, which is pretty good for a $7 box. Target Beauty Boxes don't normally have a great value, but since these items are all so usable and things I would purchase anyways, they have a much larger value to me overall. I can't wait to see what they have in store for me next.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, you have to keep an eye out for when they go on sale. It is usually during the first Monday of the month, so I’d start looking around then.

No comments:

Post a Comment