Tuesday, July 19, 2016

BoxyCharm July 2016 Review - Modern Merbabe

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of July, and I am really excited to see what they have in store for me this month. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four, but usually five full size beauty items to your door for $21 each. This box always has great themes, products, and a super great value, so it is definitely one of my favorite subscription boxes. Also, it is a great way to help grow your makeup collection, and it has definitely done so for me.


This month's theme is Modern Merbabe. BoxyCharm's themes are usually spot-on, but I don't know about this one. It is summertime, so the world is definitely spending more time in the water weather it be a pool, ocean, or lake. Also, it is hard look great while trying not to sweat all your makeup off at the beach or protect your hair and body from the sun, so there could be great items helping out with that. So, I am slowly talking myself into loving this theme and having high hopes for the products. But knowing BoxyCharm, they are going to nail it. I hope I am right. 



OFRA Professional Magnetic Palette

$59.00

This is a real treat to all those subscription box subscribers who have collected so many of these magnetic pods without a palette to put them in. Also, not only did we receive the magnet palette, but it comes with six complimentary colors to start your palette off on a good start. I know that they offer blushes, bronzers, and highlighters in these magnetic pods, so you can create an all-in-one palette to save time and space. These eye shadow colors are also very neutral and are perfect for creating everything from a natural day look to your most extreme smoky eye. Also they have great pigmentation and have a great mixture of shimmers and mattes. This palette may cost me a lot of money in the long run loading it up with colors I love, but I really do love this product, and think it is a unique and great addition to this month’s box.




Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Ice Blue

$18.00 - 0.04 oz

This icy blue shade is very cool and is the ultimate mermaid color. I like that it is a bright color for summer without having to be neon or warm. I love blue eyeliners too, because they make my eyes pop, but I normally go with a denim or dark blue color instead. This color kind of reminds me of something I’d wear in the 90’s, which is totally back in style, but I am not sure if I have the guts to wear a color like this. I am definitely going to try it out, though, most likely to a dark bar, since it is a really cool shade. Also, it goes on really well and as far as I can tell, it lasts. I really like this product, and it will get me to try something outside of my comfort zone, for sure. Also, since it is a cool shade, I feel like I could wear this into Spring. So versatile.



Noyah Lip Gloss in Malbec 

$16.00 - 0.19 fl oz

This is a brand that I've known of for a while, and I've always wanted to try, but never had the chance. That packaging has always been beautiful and appealing, so I am already happy to include this item in with my makeup collection. On the other hand, I am not one to wear a lot of lip glosses. I don’t like how they are sticky, or how they leave a gloss sheen on my lips. I have been all over that matte lip trend instead. This color is very pretty though, and reminds me of summer. It has just enough summer brightness without being too much, so it is a great color to play with, and very versatile. This actually wasn’t too sticky, but it was a little drying and, again, I didn’t like the gloss. I will wear this a few times, I am sure, but it won’t be my go to lip color. I would love to try other products from their line, though.




PYT Hair Oil Treatment 

$30.00 - 1.01 fl oz

This hair oil treatment prevents split ends, reduces frizz, and creates instant shine without leaving your hair oily or greasy. While this looks like a great product, this isn’t something I necessarily need. I have really fine, straight, and soft baby hair without much volume, so basically any unvolumizing product weights it down. Also, like I said before, I have zero curl and hardly any frizz, so I couldn’t use it for that either. The one thing that does catch my eye is to use it for split ends. I do have split ends, and between haircuts they can feel a little crunchy and look unkempt. I think I will start using this oil at night on my split ends before I wash my hair in the morning, and going off how greasy it makes my hair, I will use this during the day. This isn’t that big of a bottle, but since you don’t have to use all that much at a time, this will last forever.




Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box, but honestly Boxycharm rarely disappoints. The theme isn’t my favorite, but since it is summer, and we all spend more time in the water, I understand where they are coming from. Also, they only had four samples in this month’s box, which is one less than normal, but the value is so freaking high without the fifth item, so I just cannot complain. This month's box has a value of $123. That is absolutely insane for a $21 box. There are $50 boxes without that kind of value. I have no idea how BoxyCharm does it month after month. 



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It always has great high end items at such a low price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment