Saturday, July 16, 2016

Target Beauty Box July 2016 Review - Simply Radiant

Yea! My Target Beuaty Box has arrived for the month of June, and I am excited to try out all of the products inside. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription, but a monthly box you order individually from Target the delivers full size and sample size beauty products that are sold in store. They range from $5 to $10 depending on their value, and usually have a value around $20. Sometimes they offer multiple boxes, and once in a while they even offer a Men’s box. I have really enjoyed my Target Beauty Boxes, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me this month.


This month, Target actually sent out two boxes with different themes. This box’s theme is Simply Radiant. It is all about looking and feeling your best all summer long. It is hard to keep things radiant in this summer heat, but these products will get your skin, hair, and makeup looking and feeling great all summer while still keeping it simple. Along with each box, Target comes with a descriptive card detailing all the products inside and a coupon for $3 off $15 spent at Target on beauty products. There are great to use on anything that you absolutely love and want to stock up or a full size product of a small sample. 




$9.99 - 8.5 oz    (Full Size!)

First of all, I can’t believe there is a full bottle of shampoo in this box. That is worth the cost of the box alone, and I am pretty excited to try out this brand. The clay shampoo deep cleans your hair while still leaving it moisturized and shiny. I absolutely love how this smells too. I will say, this cleaned just as well or better than my normal shampoo, and my hair felt and looked super clean. Also, the scent stayed with me all day, which was really nice. I am happy with this product. The only issue, where’s the conditioner?




$3.99 each - 12.6 oz    ($1.08 Value)

These are the shampoo and conditioner samples that I am used to. Once again, these smell amazing, and the color protectant is perfect for me, and I usually dye my hair. I’ve actually tried this product before, and I really enjoyed it in the past. These will be great for traveling, and I always like keeping these samples around for that reason. Also, these tiny bottles are over $1 each if you purchase them in store, so this is a great way to save. It is nice to get a product that I already love and know I’ll use.




$4.99 - 0.27 fl oz    (Full Size!)

Yet again, Target included another full size product in this box, and this is another one I’ll definitely use. I wear mascara every single day, and while I tend to purchase those more expensive, higher end products, it will be nice to try out a cheaper brand that will help out my bank account. This mascara is pretty nice, and I could definitely use this regularly, but I’d have to layer like I always do. It isn’t amazing, but it does work well, and I will definitely use this up. This is another great addition to this box, and I will definitely be saving some dollars in the future using this.




$16.99 - 0.5 oz    ($4.76 Value)

I love Derma E, and everything I’ve tried from their line has worked really well. This under eye cream promises to fade dark spots and reduce fine lines. I definitely have dark spots and fine lines under my eyes, so this product is perfect for me. I tried this once, and with one application I could feel a sensation as if it were working. I didn’t notice a difference right away, but I know it takes more than one use to really see any changes. I am sure this will work, though, and I will keep it by my bed to apply every night. Also, since you use so little, this tube will last forever. That is awesome, since they are usually so expensive. I am happy with this sample for more reasons than one. It was fun to try, and I will get a lot of use out of it too.




$9.99 - 4 fl oz    ($2.50 Value)

This is another brand that I really like from Target. It is higher end without being expensive, and the ingredients are health conscious. I’ve tried their face moisturizer before, and I absolutely loved it. The cream itself moisturized and brightened, and the scent helped wake me up and get me ready for the day. This scent is very much like the lotion, and is perfect for a morning face wash. Also, the gel lathers up really well, and leaves your face feeling fresh and clean. I prefer scrubbing face washes, or at least creams, so I won’t purchase this again, but I definitely will use this up. I’m going to throw this in the shower for those groggy mornings.




$6.99 - 3.5 oz    ($0.50 Value)

I've received so many of these Vaseline type products in my subscription boxes lately, that I don't know how I will ever use them all. Even though I have so many of these, they are pretty useful. I use them on cracked elbows, cuticles, and ultra-dry lips. I can get my boyfriend to use them on his cuticles too. Once in a while, I will use they on dry feet at night to allow it to really soak in. This product is a little greasier than I like, but if I do use it at night, it won’t really matter. I already have one of these in my purse, in the bathroom, and by my bed, so this won’t be used right away, but at least I know I’ll have backup.


Overall, I am really happy with this box. There isn’t anything too exciting, but everything is so usable. I am really happy with that full size shampoo, and the trial sizes are nice too. I absolutely love that eye cream, and I will use up the mascara quickly. The face cleansing gel is nice, but I wouldn’t buy it just because of preferences. I do have a lot of those vasaline type healing balms already, but I will just use this one as backup. This box has a value of $23.82, which is pretty good for a $7 box. These boxes don’t usually have incredible values, but they do have higher end drug store products that I usually love, and everything is also usually so useful. I love these boxes, and I will be sure to keep on top of ordering them as soon as they are sold.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, you have to keep an eye out for when they go on sale. It is usually during the first Monday of the month, so I’d start looking around then.

No comments:

Post a Comment