Saturday, July 16, 2016

Ipsy Glambag July 2016 Review - Hot Summer Nights

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrive for the month of July, and I am hoping this one will kill it after a few not so great bags. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size beauty products to your door in a themed makeup bag for only $10 a month. They usually have a great value around $40, but once in a while they are pretty low. Plus, you can review their products in exchange for points that can be used on more samples. I am really excited to see what they have in store for me this month.


This month’s theme is Hot Summer Nights. Ipsy theme’s don’t mean much for the actual products, but their bags tend to go along each month. This month’s bag is pretty cute, but a little cheap, and I don’t know how sun umbrella’s transfer to summer nights. I won’t keep this particular bag in full rotation with other bags that I like more, but this one will be perfect for storage or filling with gifts for a present. I am hoping for some hot weather products and possibly some neon colors. I would like to try out a new lip color for summer.



$42.00 - 0.756 oz    ($1.00 Value)

First off, I am so freaking excited about a product from theBalm. I love this brand so much. Their packaging is so cute and everything I’ve tried from their line has been really high quality. I am a little disappointed about this color, though. It is darker than I usually go, by a lot, and the plum color doesn’t exactly scream summer. I did look into the palette that goes along with this color, and the rest of the colors in general look amazing. Plus, matte is totally in style and right up my alley. I don’t think I will use this item, even with a smoky eye, but I know that someone in my life will love it. This is definitely the first bummer of the bag.



$13.00 - 0.04 oz    (Full Size!)

Even though I rate every single product Ipsy delivers to me, and I continue to dislike every single lipliner, they send them to me over and over again. I have never used a lipliner except a clear one to keep my lip color in line, so I have no idea why they still send them my way. On the other hand, I really like this brand, and the products of theirs that I do use are always high quality. I also really like this color. I tend to not love mauves, but this lilac tint is really beautiful. This is another product that I will end up sending off to a friend or sister, or maybe I might just try it out. The problem, I don’t have a lip color to match. Strike two for me.



$28.00 - 2.6 oz    ($2.69 Value)

I've never heard of this brand before, so this is a brand new discovery for me. Along with makeup, I like seeing purposeful products in my subscription boxes. This all-in-one product is a face moisturizer, makeup primer, and makeup remover. Since I use face lotion every single day and night, this will definitely come in handy. I’ve also noticed recently that my makeup is just sitting on top of some of my moisturizers, toners, or serums. Sometimes I have to start from the very beginning after doing makeup since it isn’t blending in. This primer/moisturizer will be the best product for quick weekday morning. I am really hoping it works well, because I need a product like this in my life.




$22.00 - 0.01 oz    (Full Size!)

Again with the eyeliner. I swear, Ipsy sends me one at least every other month, and usually in a basic black. I have so many eyeliners, I don’t know how I would ever go through them all in a lifetime. This is a new brand discovery, though, and I am really happy with this vegan and ingredient conscious product. Also, I like the click style and the smudge bottom. The matte black is really pretty, and it goes on really easily. I am really happy with this item, and another plus,  it is full size! This one I’ll keep and use, but Ipsy, please stop sending me black eyeliner.




$10.00

One thing I really enjoy about this subscription are the beauty tools they throw in with the beauty products. I’ve received a few brushes from this line, so I’m starting to create quite a collection. I am happy with this, because I like the classic pink, and I really enjoy the quality. I actually don’t have a brush with this edge in my collection, so this will come in handy for me. I’m a pretty basic eyeshadow applicator myself, but I believe this brush could really step things up for me. It will help me create some detail, and really blend out those colors. I am happy with this product, and I’d be alright if Ipsy sent me every single brush from this line.


Overall, this bag just is definitely not a favorite. I am not a fan of the bag really, and only 2.5 of the products are something I’d use. I am really excited about trying out the moisturizer/primer duo, and that brush will get use, but only once in a while. I really like that matte black eyeliner, but I just don’t need anymore. Ipsy sends them to me all the time, and I only wear eyeliner about twice a month. That eyeshadow color just isn’t for me, and I don’t wear lipliner, so those two items will be handed off. This month’s bag has a value of $48.69. That is one great thing about this bag. I only spent $10, and with the mixture of full size and sample size products, the value is always great. I am going to redo my quiz and hope that Ipsy starts understanding my beauty preferences.


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. I think this is a great bag for the makeup connoisseur or anyone trying to build up their beauty collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment