Sunday, July 10, 2016

Popsugar Must Have July 2016 Review

Yeah! My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of July, and pretty early too. This subscription box delivers the most trendy and coolest products in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 a month, and always has a value of $100. I've found some great discoveries in this box, and I hope this box has more in store for me this month. I am not usually a fan of summer boxes, but maybe this one will surprise me. I can't wait to see what is inside. 


Each month doesn't really have a theme, but more inspirational words to help curated the box. I've noticed that the boxes still do have a collective theme, and they are usually shaped around the month and the season. This month's inspirations are Sunny, Retro, Fun, Vintage, Playful, Cheeky, and Warm. I have yet to see PopSugar use words like retro, vintage, and cheeky before, and that makes me really excited. I love vintage items, and anything cheeky is perfect for me. I am also hoping for some some summer goods to use during these hot months. 



Sachajuan Hair in the Sun

$32.00 - 125 ml

I've never heard of this brand before, nor have a ever used hair sunscreen before in the past, so this is going to be a brand new experience for me. This smells nice, not great, but refreshing, and the packaging is really summery and cute. The product will product my hair from damaging UV rays, even in the pool and ocean, and will also keep my hair color lasting longer. Also this bottle is pretty large, so it will last me all summer and into the next. I don't like how it does weigh down my hair a little, and it makes my normally soft hair a little greasy, but since it is getting wet and full or salt or chlorine, that is worth the sacrifice. I am really enjoying this beauty product from this month's box.



House of Pom Emoji Cocktail Napkins

$25.00 

This is not anything I would ever expect from PopSugar, but I am so smitten with these super cute emoji, cloth napkins. I would never see myself handing out cloth napkins with drinks to my friends, because they seem a little pretentious, but these are a little quirky and super fun. Those smily faces are my absolute favorites, but all of the emojis are fun, summery, and perfect for cocktail napkins. I don't know how often I will break these out, but I know when I do, they will be a crowd favorite. These will hang out in my bar cart until then. 



Michael Stars Porcelain Skinny Scarf in White 

$30.00

Normally, I am not a fan of the the accessories PopSugar includes in their boxes, but I absolutely love this skinny scarf. I love the look of a handkerchief around your neck (it is so Parisian), and it is the best way to wear a scarf in the summer heat. Also, this patterns is classic, yet trendy, which is all you really want with your clothing and accessories. I think this could be a great city, weekend look, or even a fun addition to a summer concert. I think I will wear this with your normal jeans and tank top with my hair up. This is a great addition to this summer box, and I can't wait to wear it all the way into the fall. 



PINTRILL Pineapple Pin

$12.00

Seriously, PopSugar is nailing it this month. This pin is so cute, and another item I wouldn't expect in this subscription box. I used to be obsessed with buttons, but pins are definitely the new trend, and what is more summary than a pineapple. This will go right on my denim vest, and probably stay there until fall hits. PopSugar suggests using this with the skinny scarf, but I think they would completely clash. Plus, I don't plan on draping it as much as wrapping it tightly around my neck. This is super cute, and even though I'm not as obsessed with pineapples as the rest of the world, I couldn't think of a better pin for this time of year.



SUNNYLIFE Inflatable Swan Drink Holder

$18.00 

I have been swooning over all these cute pool floats that have been all over Instagram and Snapchat, and the Swan has always been my favorite. I am always drinking in the pool, so this product is absolutely perfect for me. This swan will hold up to drinks that will float right next to you in the pool so they are easily accessible. Plus, they will perfectly hold solo cups, which is how I always roll since glass isn't an option. This is one of my favorite products I've ever received from PopSugar, and I can't wait to break it out for the next pool party. My friends are going to love it too. 



European Wax Center Oh My Brow! Brow Highlighter in Pearl

$19.00 - 0.07 oz

I had no idea the company has their own makeup line, but it's a really fun discovery. Highlighters are everywhere these days, and really make a drastic difference to your face. This product was made for your brow bone, but you could also use it on your checks and nose like your typical highlighter, or even at your cupid's bow for some dramatic lips like PopSugar suggests. I really like this product, and the color is really pretty. My skin is a little on the lighter side, and this was the perfect shade for my skin, but I could also see it looking great on a lot of skin tones. I like this product, and it isn't something I'd expect to see in a summer box, but it is a nice breakaway from the normal bronzers you see this time of year. 



Joe Chips Classic Sea Salt Retro Potato Chips

$1.49 - 2 oz

When I think of summer, I think of BBQs, and what better product to accompany burgers and hot dogs than potato chips. The packaging for this bag is super cute, and I love the vintage feel. These were really good and I ate the whole bag, but they weren't anything too special. I would be interested in trying out their other flavors, so I would totally pick these up if I found them in the store or in a gas station. I would like for PopSugar to include some healthier options in their boxes in the future. These are great for now, though. 



Trove Custom Jewelry Gift Card

$20.00

This is the first time I've heard of this company, and I am already liking what I see. This site creates custom jewelry that is both trendy and high quality. There are a few pieces I am eyeing, but unfortunately, they are a little expensive. The least expensive item I can find is over $60, so this $20 gift card won't of far. I may go ahead and splurge on something I love, but I will probably end up not using this. It just isn't worth the extra cost. 


Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. It isn't my favorite box ever, but I would say easily top 5. I love that skinny scarf, pool drink holder, cocktail napkins, and pineapple pin. That highlighter is really pretty, those chips were good, and I will have to get in the habit of using the hair protectant before I go out in the sun. Seriously, I am happy with every single product in this month's box, and that is coming from someone that doesn't normally care for summer products. This month's box has a value of $157.49. That is a great value for a box that costs $40. Plus, since I love everything, it was worth every single penny. I hope next month is just as great. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is one of my favorite subscription boxes of all time, and it would make a great gift to anyone who deserves a treat in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment