Sunday, July 10, 2016

PopSugar Must Have Mini July 2016 Review

My Popsugar Must Have has arrived for the month of July, and while it hasn't been the most exciting box, I still have high hopes. This subscription box costs $18.95 and is a smaller version of the full size box and delivers two full size products every month. The also follow the themes of the larger box and sometimes even delivers products from the same brand as the full size box. This is a new launch for Popsugar, and while it is a great idea, the value and products haven't always been great. I am keeping it going until it doesn't seem worth it anymore, though. 


The themes for the full size box are Sunny, Retro, Fun, Vintage, Playful, Cheeky, and Warm. These are great themes for the month of July, and I am really interested in getting something vintage or cheeky. Knowing Popsugar and past boxes there will mostly likely be a home and beauty product. I am hoping for something to bring to the beach or possibly some new shades. We will see.



SUNNYLIFE Pineapple Ice Trays

$17.00 - set of 2

These ice cube trays are really fun for summer and really nice quality, too. I'm not on that pineapple trend like the rest of the world, but for ice, I can jump on the trend. Also, since the trays are silicone, they are super easy to pop out, and PopSugar also suggests using these as chocolate molds. To be honest, I don't know how often I will use these, but since I have them now, I can totally see myself getting these ready for drinks by the pool or for a summer get together. It would be a little nicer if they were just a little bigger, so I could throw some fruit inside to freeze. That would put the icing on my summer cocktail cake.



LET IT BLOCK 30 SPF Sunscreen

$14.99 - 3 fl oz

This is the first I've heard of this brand, but I'm really happy with this new discovery. This sun block protects agains UVA and UVB rays and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. Also, it uses mostly natural and only paraben-free ingredients. My favorite part, the container is recyclable, and uses minimum material, so I can leave a little less carbon fingerprint on the planet after using this product. I wore this sunscreen during a day at the ocean, and after going in and out a couple of times and spending the entire day in the sun, this worked really well. And, that is coming from someone that always burns in the sun. I am really happy with this product, and I am really enjoying this new discovery. Plus, it is priced pretty competitively, so I could totally see myself purchasing this in the future. 


Overall, I am not overjoyed with these products, but I do like them both, and I think they are perfect additions to summer. The sun block is great, but since it is just sun block, it is just a little underwhelming. The pineapple ice cube trays aren't exactly something that I needed or will use a whole lot, but I think they are cute, and something fun to have. This box has a value of $31.99. This box costs $19, so that isn't amazing, but at least it is much more than I paid. This box in general has been a little underwhelming, but I've liked all of the products, so I really don't want to cancel my subscription. I will keep it going a little longer at least. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have Mini, just click here. This is a fun way to treat yourself with a smaller gift, especially if the larger version is out of your price range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment