Sunday, November 26, 2017

BarkBox October 2017 Review - Household Horrors

Yea! My dog’s BarkBox has arrived for the month of October, and we are well into fall and this spooky holiday, so I am really excited for this month’s box. BarkBox is a monthly subscription box that delivers toys and treats to your dog of any size around a theme for $29. Longer subscriptions come with lower prices, too, and I only spend $21 every month. I am always impressed with this subscription’s treats and toys, because they are healthy and durable, and everything is so cute. My dog gets excited when this box arrives too, even though I don’t know how he knows, so we are both excited to check out everything inside.



This month’s theme is “Household Horror.” I love this theme so much. It works perfectly with Halloween without it being specific to the holiday. My dog is so afraid of things that are everyday life, and I love that BarkBox makes them fun and enjoyable. Rather it be the vacuum or the doorbell, these scary items are turned into fun toys. My dog specifically gets excited about the blow-dryer and the mailman, so I would love these in toy form. Also, he is getting a little low on treats, so I hope this box delivers a good variety. We will see!




Bark & Co Spooky Snacks

$8.00 - 5 oz

These spooky snacks are the perfect grain treat for every use, and since only the packaging is themes for Halloween, these treats are great for anytime of the year. My dog prefers these grain treats over many others, and their size make them ideal for behaving, tricks, or as a reward for going potty outside. This bag is pretty large too, so these treats will last a month or two, depending on how good of a dog he is. I am really happy with this item, and this box is off to a great start.




Bark & Co Zoe the Zombie Squirrel

$12.00

My dog is obsessed with squirrels, both the real kind and his toy kind, so this zombie squirrel will be welcomed with open arms. I love how this squirrel is ready for Halloween, but he will definitely enjoy it all year long. Plus, what is more fun than an undead rodent. This toy does have a squeak, so it is great for chewing and shaking, but it is also great for some indoor fetch. We did receive a space squirrel just a month ago, so it would’ve been nice if BarkBox mixed it up a bit, but my dog doesn’t know the difference, and he is what it is all about. So, I count this as a win.




Bark & Co Simply Ghoulicious

$8.00 - 5 oz

Pumpkin flavor is everywhere this season, so much it has become a joke, but why not let my dog in on the fun. These treats made with real pumpkin are not only tasty, but they are healthy as well, and will give your dog some nutrients that are usually hard to find. Also, the shape of these treats are great. As a whole, they are a larger treat with three circles in a triangle. But, if you ever need to give your pup a quicker treat, these easily break off into three smaller bites. I love having these with me for every occasion, and he will get that taste of pumpkin too while I’m sipping on my pumpkin spice latte.





Bark & Co Rest in Pieces Tombstone

$12.00

OMG! I am in love with this toy! When you have a zombie squirrel, there of course needs to be a grave. This flat turf comes with a few squeakers, so there is something to chew and dig out, and the gravestone is a heavy plastic perfect for digging in with teeth. I think this toy is perfect for tugging, but my dog also loves when I throw it across the room to fetch. Personally, I just love how cute it is, and it gives me a good laugh every time my dog brings it to me to play. Zombie Squirrel may be his favorite toy from this month’s box, but this is a close second.




Sawmill Creek Smokehouse Pig Ear Chew

$3.00

BarkBox does a great job at delivering a wide variety of toys and treats, and with that, they always deliver a single bone or jerky treat to wrap it all up. While these don’t necessarily go with the theme, my dog and I both enjoy them, because they are items that will take him a while to devour, but I never want to buy them because they are so expensive. This way, he gets the bone or jerky strip, and I get to save money. This pig’s ear is perfectly sized for him, so it isn’t overwhelming, but it will still take him an hour or two to much down. These are great for movie nights or when I have guests over.





Overall, this is a pretty great box. I am loving the variety of treat, especially the pumpkin flavored circles, and both of the toys are so cute. Even the pig’s ear is a great hit. My dog is a fan of everything as well, so I really can’t complain. They did a great job at incorporating Halloween with items that can be used all season long. This month’s box has a value of $43. That is pretty great for a box that only cost me $21, but I don’t think I’d be happy with that value if I paid full price. Next month is Thanksgiving, and I am hoping for some yummy treats. I can’t wait to check them out.




If you would like to try BarkBox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat your dog at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment