Sunday, November 26, 2017

BoxyCharm October 2017 Review - Spellbound

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of October, and they tend to hit it out of the park this month, and I love fall, so I cannot wait to see what is in store. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty products ranging from makeup, palettes, hair care, skin care, beauty tools, perfume, and nails. This box costs $21 a month, and the value is always above $100, so you will always get your monies worth. Also, the products and brands they deliver are always higher end, and I end up incorporating many of them into my daily routine. It is time to check out everything inside.


BoxyCharm has a monthly theme that helps curate their products. Out of mostly all of the subscription boxes, I think BoxyCharm does the best job in creating themes that are creative, but also at tying the products with the theme. This month’s theme is “Spellbound.” I like this theme, because it ties in Halloween and a makeup so well. I am hoping for some candy red makeup or some great new black mascara. I really wouldn’t mind some warm fall tones as well. These boxes seem small, but they are packed full, and I have a feeling this one is going to be great.



Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion

$58.00 - 2 oz

This isn’t my first introduction to Dr. Brandt’s PoreDermabrasion, and I am really happy to see the full size bottle of this product in this month’s box. Dr. Brandt is created by a dermatologist, so it is not only good for your skin, but it will give you a professional facial right at home. This gritty face scrub contains tiny beads that help clean out the deepest pores. I will say, this product may be a little uncomfortable to use, but it delivers great results. This isn’t my favorite of Dr. Brandt’s products, but I will be happy to use this up. Also, I could never pay this much for the full size bottle, so I am really happy to see it included in this subscription. My little samples from other subscriptions can’t even compare.  





Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Prosecco Pop

$38.00 - 0.28 oz

Ohh! I love highlighters, but I’ve been receiving them in liquid or gel form recently, so this giant powder compact is a great surprise. Not only does this highlighter from Becca give your face that soft glow, but this product will also help repair your skin. Also, not all highlighters I receive in subscription boxes match my skin, but this one works perfectly. The formula is amazing as well, and it goes on my skin like silk. I am in love with this product, and since it is such a large compact it will take me forever to use up, and I won’t ever have to pay the full price. That makes me pretty darn happy. This works well with the theme too. Nothing like a bit of shimmer to grab attention.





Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in Front Row

$20.00 - 0.2 fl oz

I was hoping for a candy red lip, but this is a color I will be able to wear much more often than a couple times a year. I am still a fan of matte lip stick, but almost all liquid formulas dry out my lips. This does a great job at keeping my lips mostly hydrated while staying in place. I will say, it does dry really as well. Now onto this color. It is so pretty and perfect for fall. I can see myself dressing this up with a black dress or going causal with a chunky sweater. I am already a huge fan of Tarte and their lip products, but this may be the best I’ve ever tried. I’m a fan, and I would love to try out this product in different colors.





ncLA Nailed it. Tool Kit

$18.00

I love that BoxyCharm includes makeup tools in their boxes, and I’ve received so many brushes and sponges in the past. This is the first nail tool kit we’ve ever received, which is awesome, but I do already have this item from a different subscription box. Despite already owning this, I think this is a great addition to this box. It includes everything you may need to fix a broken nail on the go or to give yourself a manicure. Plus, this zip up bag and elastic holders keep everything in place, even for the busiest girl. It is quite small too, so it won’t take up too much room in your purse. While I do already have this product, I may keep one at work or in my car. That way, I will never be without the products I need to keep my nails looking great.




Jonteblu Lip Liner Pencil in Brown Sugar

$5.00 - 0.04 oz

BoxyCharm usually delivers higher end products with higher end price tags, so this $5 lip liner is a little out of the norm. While I do enjoy receiving expensive items I wouldn’t purchase on my own at a highly discounted price, it is nice to try out products that I would repurchase as well. Unfortunately, I don’t often wear lip liner, and I also often don’t wear any brown colors that would work well with this product. The formula is quite nice, though. It goes on smoothly and easily, and it does a great job of keeping my lipstick in place. This is the first time I’ve tried this brand, let alone heard of it, and I would be interested in checking out what other products they have in store. Especially for this price.





Overall, this month’s box is pretty good, but it isn’t the October box I was hoping for. I am in love with the highlighter, and the full size bottle of Dr. Brandt is amazing. The Tarte lipstick is a great color for fall too, and I will be wearing it a lot these next couple of weeks. The nail tool kit is great as well, but I already own this exact product. That takes a bit of the fun away. The lip liner is a complete miss, but at least it is the cheapest item in the lot, and I did enjoy trying out a completely different brand. This month’s box has a value of $139. I only paid $21 for everything, so that is an amazing deal. The November and December boxes are coming up, and since I love the holidays, I am so excited to see what those boxes have in store.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is one of the best subscription boxes on the market, and any makeup lover will really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment