Saturday, November 25, 2017

Birchbox October 2017 Review - Beauty: Behind the Scenes

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of October, and since fall boxes are my absolute favorite, I can’t wait to check out everything inside. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers five (sometimes more) sample size products curated to your profile for $10. These products range from hair, nails, makeup, skin care, and perfume. Your box will sometimes arrive with a beauty tool or full size item as well. I love the brands and products that Birchbox delivers, and I really think they get me better than any other subscription box, so I can’t wait to see what new favorites they will deliver this time around.


This month’s theme is “Beauty: Behind the Scenes.” This month is all about these product’s hardworking secret weapons, so the special ingredients within.  I feel like they’ve done this same idea in a few different ways quite a bit recently, but at least I enjoy knowing more about what makes up the best in beauty. This box is pretty cute too. I love how each of their box designs are trendy and pretty, which makes them ideal for storage or decorating. I don’t think I will be putting this one on display, because I like so many of their other designs more, but I will love using this for storage in a closet.





$25.00 each - 11 oz    ($7.73 Value)

Biolage brings back so many memories from high school when every girl was using it. I can still remember the smell to this day. This shampoo and conditioner is all grown up with natural ingredients instead of chemicals. The scent is still there, and better than ever if you ask me, and while I don’t really remember how it helped my hair in the past, this works wonders. My normally limp hair had much more body than normal, and even other people complimented the shine. These may be sample size bottles, but there was enough product in here to last quite a few uses. I am in love with this product, but I don’t know if I am willing to spend $50 on the full size bottles. I will just enjoy this while it lasts.




$60.00 - 2.13 oz    ($7.61 Value)

I love receiving face moisturizers from my subscription boxes, because they are so expensive to purchase the full size product, and these samples offer a big discount. Also, I enjoy trying out different brands and products to see what works best for me. This cream gel with a light sorbet texture immediately quenches the skin by providing hydration to help maintain your skin’s elasticity and softness. It will also help balance and protect your skin from any outdoor toxins. I have been using this face cream at night, and I’ve already noticed a huge difference. My face looks younger and brighter, really everything I would want from a product like this. The sample size is a bit small, but I will still be able to get quite a few uses out of this product, because you don’t need to use all that much. This is one of my favorite samples I’ve received from Birchbox for a while.




$25.00 - 1 fl oz    ($6.44 Value)

Ohhhh! I have been loving these nighttime oils, and since I am a huge fan of the Kiehl’s brand, this is perfect for me. While you would normally think that oil would be bad for your skin, it actually helps hydrate and restore your skin. By applying at night, this oil will help repair itself from daily aggressors when it is most receptive. It will also help promote smoother and healthier looking skin. This oil dries pretty quickly, so you won’t need to worry about ruining your pillow. Also, my skin looks amazing even after one use. I love this product, and I will be placing this next to my bed, stat! Plus, this sample will last forever, because again, you need so little at a time.




$22.00 - 0.016 oz    ($11.00 Value)

I don’t know why, but subscription boxes love sending black eyeliners over and over again. And the worst part, I rarely wear eyeliner, especially black, so I have an excessive amount that I will never be able to use up. Despite my issue, this eyeliner is a tried and true favorite. It is really everything you would want for a liquid eyeliner. The applicator creates the perfect line, and once it dries, it stays put. I often have an issue removing it at the end of the night. This is a great product, but it just isn’t great for me. That being said, I will pass this along to a much appreciating friend. Also, it is half the size of the original, which means the value is worth more than the cost of the entire box. That’s great!



Overall, this box is pretty great. I loved trying out these new products. The shampoo and conditioner is perfect for me, and I love that it is made with natural ingredients. The gel and oil moisturizers are wonderful as well. They are changing the appearance of my face for the better, and I am so happy I was able to sample them both. The eyeliner isn’t for me, but it is still a great product, and it really ups the value of the box. Speaking of value, this box totals $32.78. That is pretty great for Birchbox, and it is another reason I love this subscription so much. I can’t wait to see what next month has in store.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. They do a great job at delivery products and brands that you are going to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment