Saturday, November 25, 2017

Target Beauty Box October 2017 Review - Hello Cooler Temps

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of October, and I am so excited to check out all the Fall goodies inside. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription, because you have to purchase each box separately when they go on sale, but like subscription boxes they deliver about seven full size and sample size items to your door each month. These boxes cost between $5 to $10 depending on the value, but they have recently all cost $7, just like this current month. The items range from hair, makeup, skincare, nails, and accessories, and all items can be purchased at Target. I love this box, because I often try to purchase cheaper products over those high end items, and this is a great way to try them out before purchasing those full size items.


This month’s theme is “Hello Cooler Temps.” Fall is officially here, and so does our beauty routine and color preferences. While the weather is cool, our makeup warms up during this month, and moisturizer is a must. This month’s box will be full of items that will help us get ready for Fall. While the items are on display when you purchase the box, I try not to look, because I much prefer a surprise. That allows me to hope for certain items; like a moisturizing sheet mask or some brown eye shadow. I wouldn’t mind some great mascara or a new shampoo brand that I haven’t tried. We will see!




Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate Shea Butter Shampoo

$6.99 - 13 oz    ($1.77 Value)

Ohh! This is just what I wanted. I love receiving travel size bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my subscription boxes, because they are great to hold onto when leaving for the weekend, and these sizes are so overpriced in stores. I have never tried let alone heard of this brand before, but it looks like it is full of natural ingredients. Also, we all need a little bit of added hydration during these months, even our hair, so this product is ideal. This shampoo does a great job at locking in moisture, even without conditioner, and I love the smell as well. It is light and fresh, everything I want. This box is off to a great start.





Masque Bar Wrinkle Reducing Sheet Mask

$3.49 - 1 mask    (Full Size!)

I was hoping for a moisture mask, but I appreciate this wrinkle reducing mask even more. I am pretty young, but I already see wrinkles popping up, so I am always trying out different products to help reduce the appearance. This 20-30 minute sheet mask is infused with collagen, which will firm your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It also hydrates, which will help stop more wrinkles from appearing. I usually can’t feel masks working, especially sheet masks, but this one was powerful. It wasn’t really painful, just an annoyance. After removing, my face definitely looked more firm and fresh. I really liked this mask, and I may just have to purchase a few more.





e.l.f. Shape & Stay Wax Brow Pencil

$1.99 - 0.04 oz    (Full Size!)


My brows are often out of control, but I don’t always want to add color, and gels sometimes flake, so this may be the product I’ve been waiting for. This wax brow pencil will help you keep your eyebrows in place without any frill. I was worried the wax would feel gross on my face and not dry, but that wasn’t the case at all. In a few minutes, I didn’t even know it was there, but it kept my eyebrows in place. E.l.f. is a cheaper brand, but you can sometimes find some gems, and that was the case for this item. It is a full size item too, so it will take forever to use up. Awesome!



Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner in Spiced Chocolate

$7.49 - 0.01 oz    (Full Size!)


I am so tired of receiving black eyeliner in all of my subscription boxes. It is way too harsh on my light skin, so I rarely wear it at all. This brown eyeliner is a great surprise. Brown compliments my skin so much more and it doesn’t give my eyes the goth effect. Also, I love Neutrogena. This special formula helps nourish the eyes, which is amazing compared to other eyeliners that just irritate them. I am also a fan of the self-sharpener and easy application. This is also the third full size item which makes this box a win already!



L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo & Conditioner

$3.97 each - 12.6 oz    ($0.21 Value)      
                                    
While I really hate receiving foil samples in my subscription boxes, I will let this one slide since this box is filled with many other full size items. I am already a fan of L’Oreal shampoo and conditioner, but I haven’t had a chance to try out their clay system. I love using clay on my face and skin because it helps clarify and deep clean, so I am sure it will do the same to my hair. This shampoo did leave my hair feeling extra clean and super soft. I also really like the scent. It is light and fresh. I was also able to get two uses out of these tiny packets. I really like this product, and I may just have to purchase the full size bottles.




Raw Suger Lemon Sugar Natural Hand Wash

$4.99 - 16.9 oz    ($0.59 Value)

I’ve received Raw Sugar’s exfoliating body wash in a previous subscription box, and I love it so much. The ingredients were all natural, and the scrub left my skin clean and smooth. This hand wash from the same brand is a little less exciting, but I am still happy to give it a try. This left my hands smelling great, but it really isn’t anything too special. I would seek this out in stores depending on the bottle of the full size item. If it is anything like this bottle, and I not interested. I don’t know how many people like to pick up a bottle and squeeze it into your hands when they are dirty. At least this also has natural ingredients, and it smells like LEMON. My fav!




Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Color in Rossetto Liquido

$4.99 - 0.21 oz    (Full Size!)

I was hoping for some fall colored makeup, so this is exactly what I was looking for. The reddish, plumb is warm and deep, just like the colors outside. While I am still holding onto that matte effect, I don’t really care for liquid lipstick all that much. It tends to dry out my lips, and since the formula is matte, you see every bit of it. This one is actually pretty hydrating, but I still have to apply chap stick underneath. I don’t think I’ve ever tried a lip item from Rimmel before, and I have to say, it’s pretty nice. I could easily compare this to a more expensive brand. This one is full size, which means I will never run out, but I would be interested in trying out different colors.





Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. That sheet mask was amazing, and I loved trying out both shampoos. The brow wax was possibly the best new discovery this month and the brown eyeliner is a fun addition in the land of black. I did enjoy both the lipstick and hand wash, but they could make a few tweaks to make it perfect. This month’s box has a value of $20.53. That is pretty great for a box that only costs $7, but I remember a time when the value was double this. I still love these boxes so much, and I can’t wait to see what November has in store.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, check their website around the first of the month. They sell out quickly, so purchase them as soon as they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment