Saturday, November 25, 2017

Glossy Box September 2017 Review - A Little Glamour Goes A Long Way

Yea! My Glossy Box has arrived for the month of September, and I am really excited to check out all the products that this fall box delivers. Glossy Box is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers about six sample and full size products around a theme in a cute box for only $21. The items range from makeup, skincare, nail, hair, and perfume, so you are going to receive items from many different areas, and their brands are a mix of new discoveries and cult classics. These boxes usually value about $75, which is pretty good for the price. I did a three month subscription for $10 each, and while this is my last month, I really don’t think I will be resubscribing. I may just have to change my mind after this month. We will see.


This month’s theme is “A Little Glamour Goes A Long Way.” This month takes the fashion show from the catwalk to our everyday lives with products that will help us look polished everywhere we go. The world is our runway, and the items inside this box will help us look our best. This is a really fun theme, but it is a little off timing. I know there are fashion shows all year round, but Fashion Week is in February, so this would best fit that month. I was hoping for a fall themed month as well. Still, I am sure this box will be filled with great items, and I love feeling put together and looking my best, especially with minimal effort. I am still looking forward to checking out everything inside.



$87.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($8.70 Value)

This may be a tiny sample, but this miracle cream is still a great item to try out, and this will be enough for a few applications. This anti-aging moisturizer not only protects your skin from the sun, but it also helps improve the appearance of wrinkles and your skin’s texture. Your skin will look smooth and plump for 24 hours. The formula feels luxurious, and it didn’t cause any problems on my skin under makeup. It actually gave my foundation and powder a cleaner finish. I didn’t notice any improvement with wrinkle appearance, but since this sample is small, I am sure you’ll need a few weeks of continuous use before you’ll notice anything. I wish I could afford an entire bottle of this. Instead, I will just enjoy this sample as much as possible.




$78.00 - 0.7 oz    ($10.00 Value)

This is yet another sample from Lancome’s high end line, and unfortunately this one is much smaller. This serum does work wonders though, and I am still really excited to try it out. Unlike most products, this one requires you to activate it yourself so it is fresh and it will give you the best results. This serum sooths and calms distressed skin while protecting it from environmental aggressors like pollution and infrared radiation. Your skin will look and feel healthier. Surprisingly, I was able to use this tiny sample for a couple of uses due to it’s watery formula. It felt luxurious on my skin, and I noticed a brighter and healthier complexion each time I used it. This does smell a little weird, and it really made me not want to apply it night after night. I will not be purchasing this product, but it was fun to try.




$29.00 - 0.67 fl oz    (Full Size!)

This is our first full size product for the month, and one I am really excited to try. Illuminators have been quite the trend these last few months, and I love the idea of brightening your entire face with a base moisturizer or using an illuminator as a highlighter to brighten my cheeks and nose. I normally don’t like working with creams, but this makes it ideal to use any way you’d like. I couldn’t imagine wearing powder highlighter all over my face. Unfortunately, this shade doesn’t work well with my skin tone (I am really pale), and I don’t even think I could wear it as highlighter. Maybe I could use this as a bronzer instead. I am happy this is a full size item, but it is a flop in my book. Darn.   




$9.00 - 0.5 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I don’t wear nail polish that often, but I still love receiving in my subscription boxes. Therefore, I never have to purchase it for full price on my own. This isn’t a color that I would probably reach for on my own, but I do like it a lot. It screams fall to me without going too dark, which also makes it ideal for wearing during these transitional months. The formula isn’t too bad either. It goes on smoothly and lasts a few days without chipping. This is a great color for your toes, as I wouldn’t want this dark of a color on my fingers. This is a great item, and I will use it all season long. Plus, it’s another full size item!




$28.00 - 8.5 oz / $30.00 - 8.5 oz    ($11.60 Value)

While I do love shampoo and conditioner travel bottles, it is a little disappointing to receive them in a $21 box. I would instead expect this out of my much cheaper ($5-$10) boxes. That being said, I have never tried out this brand let alone this product before, so I am excited to give it a shot. Also, I love receiving practical travel size items in my subscription boxes. They are always overpriced in stores, so it is more than ideal to receive them at a discounted price. I travel all the time, and it is just too much to always pack my full size bottles. This shampoo and conditioner works great, and it leaves my hair looking and feeling great. I am also a true fan of the scent. It is light but stays with you all day. These are deluxe samples too, so I will be saving these for one of my longer trips.




$7.99 - 4 oz    (Full Size!)

Oh, la la! One more item, and this one is full size once again. This giant tube is filled with a charcoal and probiotics cleansing clay mask. I love face masks, especially clay ones, because they help purify and renew skin all within a couple of minutes. I have never heard of this brand before, and this entire tube only costs $8, so I am not sure how well it is going to work. Also, this is the normal size of a body lotion that still takes about a month to use up, so I have no idea how I am going to work through this entire tube before the product expires, especially since I would only use it about once a week. At least I won’t be running out, and I also won’t be stingy with this product when having my friends over for spa night.



Overall, this month’s box was pretty nice. I did enjoy many of the products, but it just doesn’t seem like anything is too special or that great of a value. I really enjoyed the Lancome moisturizer and serum, but the samples were tiny, and I wasn’t really able to reap the benefits. The nail polish and clay mask are nice and very fitting for me, but they don’t seem to be the best brands. I would probably pass both of these up if I were to see them in stores. I do like the shampoo and conditioner, but they should be sending full size bottles in this subscription box. I just won’t be able to use the illuminator, because it isn’t the ideal tone, but maybe I could pass it as a bronzer. This monht’s box has a value of  $76.29. This is much more than I expected and pretty normal for this box, but I just don’t think it will be enough to continue this subscription.


If you would like to try Glossy Box for yourself, just click here. It isn’t the subscription box for me, but you may just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment