Saturday, November 25, 2017

Ipsy Gam Bag October 2017 Review - Spellbound

Yea! My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of October, and since this is my favorite month of the year, I can not wait to see what items are in store for me. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five full and sample size products in a themed makeup bag. The items range from makeup, hair, nails, skin care, and tools, so you’ll always get a wide range, and the products are a collection of both new and favored brands. You get all this for only $10, and the value is usually greater than $40. My favorite part is checking out everything inside, so here we go.


This month’s theme is “Spellbound.” Ipsy doesn’t do the best job at tying their products into the theme, but the makeup bag is always created to match the theme perfectly. I like this theme quite a bit, because it fits in well with this spooky month, but it could describe a look as well. With this theme, I am hoping for a some cool dark makeup colors, preferably some candy red lipstick, or maybe an attracting perfume. This makeup bag is really fun. I love the red lace, and the bat zipper pull is the perfect addition to give it a true Halloween feel. I will be using this for my makeup all month long.



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

$20.00 - 0.04 oz    ($15.00 Value)

My one major complaint about subscription boxes in general is with the amount of black eyeliner I receive. It is a whole lot more than I need. I rarely wear eyeliner, and I receive at least one per month, which means I own more than I will ever need. Besides that, this eyeliner is wonderful. When I do wear eyeliner, I do prefer the crayon formula, because my hands aren’t steady enough for the liquid forms. This eyeliner is a fan favorite for a reason, too. It is easy to apply, it doesn’t tug at your lid, and it also stays put once it dries. This deluxe sample is 3/4’s the size of the full, so you are really getting a great value and an amount of product that will take a while to use. Those are all great, if only I would be able to enjoy them myself.




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

$30.00 - 6 oz    ($5.00 Value)

First Aid Beauty is one of my favorite brands for skin care, so I am really happy to see this deluxe sized tube in my bag. This all-over moisturizer provides instant relief and long-term hydration for dry, distressed skin and eczema. I first thought this was a face cream, but I just didn’t feel right after applying, and I quickly realized it is for your entire body. It does say “head to toe,” but I don’t think I will use this on my face again. The fall weather does create dry skin, so I used this on my rough elbows and heels, and it worked wonders. I love how it dried quickly without leaving any grease or residue, and my skin was healed overnight. This is a great size to throw in my purse for those dry moments on the run, because I wouldn’t want to use it all up in one use on my whole body. This way I can make it last.  




Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Oil Treatment

$7.99 - 1.69 fl oz    ($3.31 Value)

While I do love applying oil on my face at night to help hydrate and repair, oil is just too much for my hair. My hair is already pretty thin and lacks volume, so any added product, especially oil will just weigh it down even more. That being said, I like that the Marc Anthony line added a product like this. Their brand is the best at repairing dry and frizzy hair to smooth and sleek perfection, so I can only imagine this oil would do the same. They recommend using this to tame fly aways or to add shine to your ends on second day hair. I might use this oil to create a nice slick ponytail, but otherwise it just isn’t the product for me. It will be hard to not use, because it smells amazing too.





Hey Honey Trick And Treat: Active Propolis Cream Concealer

$36.00 - 0.5 fl oz    ($19.44 Value)

I’ve sampled a few items from Hey Honey’s skincare line, but I haven’t tried any of their makeup products before. Since this product has a Halloween theme, I assumed it would be a dark lipstick or cream eyeshadow, but instead it is a hardworking concealer. While staying lightweight, this concealer masks the darkest under eye circles or the most red blemish. Also, while it is covering your blemishes, the active propolis helps restore your skin’s structure and adds production. Normally, any foundation or concealer samples I tend to receive from subscription boxes don’t match my skin, but this matches perfectly. It is a little lighter than my skin tone, but I want that for anything going under my eyes. This is a tiny sample, but since you don’t need to use much at a time, it will last me forever.




it Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder

$29.00 - 0.31 oz    ($7.25 Value)


I have tried these yellow tinted powder primers in the past, and they work brilliantly on my skin. The yellow tones down the pink tint to my skin, and the powder helps hide pores and fine lines. I like that it is light and airy and leave my skin soft to the touch. This powder is also enriched with silk, collagen, and antioxidant=rich ingredients, so it will help your skin look amazing even after you remove the product at night. This isn’t a huge sample, but the tin can be removed from the plastic packaging and popped into your magnetic palette for easier access. Also, since it is a powder, it will last long enough. It is a little pricey, but I still may purchase the full size product. It is just that good.



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s bag. It started out with a miss, but just because I don’t wear a whole lot of black eyeliner, and the hair oil was a bit of a miss as well. It ended up on a high note, though, because I am obsessed with the pore perfecting powder, and the body moisturizer and concealer are both items I love and will definitely use. This month’s bag has a value of $50. That is absolutely crazy for a box that costs $10, and it is one of the best subscription boxes for price to value. Ipsy doesn’t always get it right, so three out of five products is great, but I am hoping for a home run for November. I can’t wait!


If you would like to try Ipsy Glam Bag for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift to yourself to stock up on makeup or to try different brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment